Laxman completes 7000 test runs

SachDan

Without doubt, one of THE most under-rated, under-celebrated and unheralded cricketer of all time. If the English had such a batsmen in their ranks, they would put him on a pedestal and take him on open top bus celebrations. Such is the sheer amount of riches in our batting talent that an awesome player like VVS is often forced into the background. Beyond his cricketing feats, VVS has shown himself to be the most gentleman of all cricketers. His upbringing by his Doctor parents shines through every in aspect of his behavior, both inside the cricketing field and outside it. And because of his non confrontationist, publicity shy attitude, his cricket probably suffered too. VVS was a far better ODI bat than say someone like Nasser Hussein, but Nasser knew what strings to pull at what time and kept his place in the ODI team, while VVS was relegated to the fringes. Either ways, VVS is another crowning jewel in our Dream Team of the 2000s.

Without doubt, one of THE most under-rated, under-celebrated and unheralded cricketer of all time. If the English had such a batsmen in their ranks, they would put him on a pedestal and take him on open top bus celebrations. Such is the sheer amount of riches in our batting talent that an awesome player like VVS is often forced into the background. Beyond his cricketing feats, VVS has shown himself to be the most gentleman of all cricketers. His upbringing by his Doctor parents shines through every in aspect of his behavior, both inside the cricketing field and outside it. And because of his non confrontationist, publicity shy attitude, his cricket probably suffered too. VVS was a far better ODI bat than say someone like Nasser Hussein, but Nasser knew what strings to pull at what time and kept his place in the ODI team, while VVS was relegated to the fringes. Either ways, VVS is another crowning jewel in our Dream Team of the 2000s.
Does Laxman find a place in all time Indian playing XI as dravid, sehwag, dhoni and sachin from present team are must in that eleven.
Does Laxman find a place in all time Indian playing XI as dravid' date=' sehwag, dhoni and sachin from present team are must in that eleven.[/quote'] Personally, it is difficult for me to answer that question because I have not seen players like Vengsarkar and Vishwanath play. And of course, there's Azaharuddin. The top 4 numbers in an Indian eleven pick themselves (Sunny, Viru, RD and Sach..) I suppose there is a lot of contenders for the no.5 and 6 spot.
Personally, it is difficult for me to answer that question because I have not seen players like Vengsarkar and Vishwanath play. And of course, there's Azaharuddin. The top 4 numbers in an Indian eleven pick themselves (Sunny, Viru, RD and Sach..) I suppose there is a lot of contenders for the no.5 and 6 spot.
I would say Vishy and laxman be in my top 6 batsman all time.Vengy and Azhar were suspect against pace bowling.Vishwanth was masterful against both pace and spin.so was Jimmy but he played too few tests compared to others.