How to do the Player Vs Player analysis using statsguru utility in cricinfo?

c_vikas2000

It doesn't have ball-to-ball analysis, but we can view SRT's record in matches involving McGrath. Here: http://tinyurl.com/ycu4qcg You can see that his average drops down considerably. filtered 1996-2004 9 662 126 36.77 Use statsguru ver 2.0. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html
But what this doesnt tell us is that whether the drop in average was only because of McGrath's prescence. For example, in all these matches Gillespie also played and Sachin got out more often to Gillespie than to McGrath Similarly Sachin's average in tests featuring Wasim and Waqar is very low, but he has gotten out to them only once each. So the low average is not suggestive fo the fact that he did not play them well
But what this doesnt tell us is that whether the drop in average was only because of McGrath's prescence. For example, in all these matches Gillespie also played and Sachin got out more often to Gillespie than to McGrath Similarly Sachin's average in tests featuring Wasim and Waqar is very low, but he has gotten out to them only once each. So the low average is not suggestive fo the fact that he did not play them well
good point...
vikas, statsguru doesnt do many other things .... PM me or post your stats req here .. and I will see what I can do with my stats db .... infact varun can also do the same ... PS: search my old posts if you like stats.
well, critics always argue on the best batsman in this era among Sachin, Ponting, Lara, Kallis, Dravid, Inzamam etc...I wanted to do comparision how these batsman dealt with the bowlers like Akram, Mcgrawth, Donald, Pollock, Waqar, Murali, Warne and Kumble and few others before drawing some conclusion....