Is Bangalore going the Kotla way?

teacup

The list of substandard grounds in India seems to be growing. After Kanpur and Kotla now it is the turn of Bangalore. Cricinfo reports that ICC is not happy with the state of the outfield and the pitch and has suggested renovation when only 11 months are left for the World Cup.

ICC unhappy with facilities in Bangalore Cricinfo staff February 17, 2010 The ICC has written to the Indian board expressing concerns over the facilities at Bangalore's Chinnaswamy Stadium, one of the eight venues for the 2011 World Cup. Andy Atkinson, the ICC pitch consultant, has reportedly suggested several changes that need to be undertaken ahead of the tournament that starts in 11 months. "The quality of the outfield was bumpy with small bare patches and divots all around and below the expected standard for international cricket," read a notice given to the Karnataka State Cricket Association, which hosts the venue. "Grass appeared lacking in nutrients and unanticipated amount of weeds present. It is noticeable that the playing surface needs renovation and repair to bring it up to the required condition. Overall, the condition of playing surface is disappointing." Speaking to the daily DNA, Brijesh Patel, the KSCA secretary, said: "The ICC team came at the end of last season [December] and the pitch was totally worn out. We are aware of the kind of wickets that are required for ODIs, Tests and Twenty20s." The Indian board's chief administrative officer, Ratnakar Shetty, was confident the KSCA would address the ICC's concerns. "What they [iCC] have expressed are just a few cautions. We're definitely following it up with all eight associations and I am sure after the IPL, Bangalore will be devoting time to develop the outfield and the pitch," he said. This season's Ranji Trophy quarter-final between Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh was shifted to Mysore after Rahul Dravid expressed concerns over the pitch and outfield, and later the final was also held at the Gangothri Glades owing to the flatness of the Chinnaswamy surface.

I thought it was inexcusable to not renovate an old stadium like the Chinnaswamy in Bangalore ahead of the World Cup. If they don't do it for the World Cup when will they? All other major old stadiums in the country, Wankede, Eden Gardens and Chepauk, are under renovation.

Guest DeveGowda
I thought it was inexcusable to not renovate an old stadium like the Chinnaswamy in Bangalore ahead of the World Cup. If they don't do it for the World Cup when will they? All other major old stadiums in the country' date=' Wankede, Eden Gardens and Chepauk, are under renovation.[/quote'] Nothing will be done till IPL is over i thnk...But our state asociation have problems from long time...they are Busy in putting their own son's into team...