Sehwag proves once again: Batting Strike rate matters a heck in tests.

patriot

We haven't done too shabbily in Sri Lanka. Er.. my figures were incorrect for the previous stats show. For some reason, it showed Sri Lanka vs. the opposition rather than what I was trying to find. My mistake. Alright, here's the more correct version: In the 90s, the opposition scored at an average of 31.64 per batsman against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;groupby=opposition;home_or_away=2;opposition=8;orderby=runs;spanmax1=1+Jan+2001;spanmin1=1+Jan+1991;spanval1=span;team=1;team=140;team=2;team=3;team=4;team=5;team=6;team=7;template=results;type=batting In the 00s,
v Sri Lanka  	147  	2001-2009  	36  	744  	87  	17243  	274*  	26.24  	39551  	43.59  	23  	84  	94  	1949  	97

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;groupby=opposition;home_or_away=2;opposition=8;orderby=runs;spanmax2=21+Feb+2010;spanmin2=1+Jan+2001;spanval2=span;team=1;team=140;team=2;team=3;team=4;team=5;team=6;team=7;template=results;type=batting So yeah, patriot is right in that it has become harder to score in Sri Lanka this decade than it was last decade.

Thanks graphics. The official ICF statistics duffer Duryodhan above has got it wrong even now after 24 hours. :rotfl:
Damn ... didnt know that runs scored by SL team cannot be included while calculating batting avgs .... perhaps they enter a parallel world when it is their turn to bat .... :hmmm:
Don't even try to know. It's beyond your cerebral abilities. Stick to petty coding. Easy Hint: Home advantage. Especially in the case of Lanka who play 90 % of their home cricket in and around Colombo. They have continued to master that.
...if I take out matches won against poor Zimbabwe ( another team against whom SRT has cashed in big time) especially when they toured India..SRT's number's plummet further...I won't because Rajan thinks very highly of PAul Strang, Henry Olanga, Mbangwa and Co. :D
Luzzolla !!! How cleverly Gambo bhai is trying to exclude Zimbabwe from the away records in the 90s.:orderorder:. There were no true minnows in the 90's.Zimbabwe team then, was the best they had in their history. We had never won a test in Zimbabwe let alone a series - Zim had also beaten cornered donkeys AWAY. Eddo Brandes and Heath Streak gave the little man a tough time on the spongy bounce wickets of Bulawayo and Harare - so don't you dare exclude that.:nono: . Purely on AWAY averages tu jhootha saabit hota hai.:haha:
.... spot the irony ....:secret:
Quote by patriot if I take out matches won against poor Zimbabwe ( another team against whom SRT has cashed in big time) especially when they toured India..SRT's number's plummet further...I won't because Rajan thinks very highly of PAul Strang, Henry Olanga, Mbangwa and Co. Quote by patriot Luzzolla !!! How cleverly Gambo bhai is trying to exclude Zimbabwe from the away records in the 90s.. There were no true minnows in the 90's.Zimbabwe team then, was the best they had in their history. We had never won a test in Zimbabwe let alone a series - Zim had also beaten cornered donkeys AWAY. Eddo Brandes and Heath Streak gave the little man a tough time on the spongy bounce wickets of Bulawayo and Harare - so don't you dare exclude that. . Purely on AWAY averages tu jhootha saabit hota hai. .... spot the irony ....:secret:
The only irony is that , you seem to have reading or cognitive problems or both.:hysterical::hysterical: If you have reading problems, I have put in bold. Again SRT against ZImbabwe home and Zimbabwe away. Chalk and cheese. See the numbers.
.... spot the irony ....:secret:
:laugh: The guy is a joke - as I alluded to earlier in the thread as well, he was creaming all over Ponting's average in the 4th innings in some other thread and when he starts talking of Sehwag does exactly the opposite.
Loh ...aa gayi beech mein bewakoof chipkali, thukwane apni. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:. One final time - Sehwag is a match winning platform setter with the bat -unparalleled. And matches are set in the 1st innings bar exceptions.
Loh ...aa gayi beech mein bewakoof chipkali, thukwane apni. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:. One final time - Sehwag is a match winning platform setter with the bat -unparalleled. And matches are set in the 1st innings bar exceptions.
Basically, anywhere Tendulkar has scored has to be excluded and anywhere and any match he has failed in, needs to be included. Quoting the traitriot :
Zim had also beaten cornered donkeys AWAY.
They were good away in Pakistan, but not good away in India because Tendulkar scored some runs there giving traitriot some heart burns lasting till today. :hysterical:
Basically' date=' anywhere Tendulkar has scored has to be excluded and anywhere and any match he has failed in, needs to be included.[/quote'] Where did I say all runs he has scored must be excluded ? But will you deny that the below cheap runs have inflated his records considerably ?? Sachin against Zimbabwe in India: 5 Matches , Avg of 113 - 3 tons. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1;opposition=9;template=results;type=batting;view=innings Sachin against Bangladesh: 7 matches, Avg of 137 - 5 tons http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=25;orderby=default;template=results;type=batting You are free to revel and drool over against such stats. Aur phir Avgs ki baat karta hai. Sehwag doesn't have such free runs in his bank. And I don't think he is motivated by them ! Proly more keen on plundering ruthlessly the best of attacks.
They were good away in Pakistan, but not good away in India because Tendulkar scored some runs there giving traitriot some heart burns lasting till today. :hysterical:
Heart burn ? The only people getting heart burns here are the SRT fan brigade who can't handle a single critique of their overhyped hero.

Oh bhai patriot...if you are being delusional about the effect this thread is having on so called SRT-bhakts, let me clear it for you: Neither your whine-athon of SRT Vs Punter, nor this gigantic thread has managed to convince any of them about any thing you say. You are blabbering away in all your glory, but it isn't working. You present your theory, your stats and claim victory. But it is hollow since you are the referee too. :phehehe:

Oh bhai patriot...if you are being delusional about the effect this thread is having on so called SRT-bhakts, let me clear it for you: Neither your whine-athon of SRT Vs Punter, nor this gigantic thread has managed to convince any of them about any thing you say. You are blabbering away in all your glory, but it isn't working. You present your theory, your stats and claim victory. But it is hollow since you are the referee too. :phehehe:
Fair point. Can I propose to be nominated as the referee? :secret:
Where did I say all runs he has scored must be excluded ? But will you deny that the below cheap runs have inflated his records considerably ?? Sachin against Zimbabwe in India: 5 Matches , Avg of 113 - 3 tons.
How are they cheap runs if they came against a team which won a series - yeah not just a test, an entire 3 test series - against Pakistan in Pakistan with all luminaries like Saeed Anwar, Inzamam, Akram, Waqar, Mushtaq Ahmed, and Moin Khan? :hysterical: EDIT : Just googled the scorecard of the match, there was also Youhana, Ijaz Ahmed, Aamir Sohail, and Aaqib Javed present in the Paki team. :laugh:http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63824.html
How are they cheap runs if they came against a team which won a series - yeah not just a test, an entire 3 test series - against Pakistan in Pakistan with all luminaries like Saeed Anwar, Inzamam, Akram, Waqar, Mushtaq Ahmed, and Moin Khan? :hysterical: http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63824.html
For someone who seems to have done a Phd in Pak cricket politics over captaincy and groupism and a thesis in their collapses, that is some naivete on display.:haha::haha::haha:. None of the luminaries you state above were the captain - who was none other than Aamir Sohail. :hysterical:. After this match, Sohail lost his captaincy and a place in the side. :hysterical:.
Aahhh mast logic hai .... so SRT's 98 against Pakis at centurion was also a bakwas inngs because not only the captain of that Paki team lost his place but half the team itself .... :hail:
Oh so you graduated..from gagging with that 12 yr old 1998 sharjah knock ? But yaar abhi yeh bhi bahut purana ho chuka hai. Sehwag..has scored triples and doubles against the same side - in test cricket.. He din't plead and whine about not getting a chance to score a double. Tests ke thread mein ODIs ghused raha hai :hysterical: ...1st innings kya hai usme bhi confusion hai..yaar tu cricket akhiyaan band karke dekhta hai kya ? :hysterical:
Aahhh mast logic hai .... so SRT's 98 against Pakis at centurion was also a bakwas inngs because not only the captain of that Paki team lost his place but half the team itself .... :hail:
None of the luminaries you state above were the captain - who was none other than Aamir Sohail. :hysterical:.
Sehwag has scored all his runs against the Pakis under just one captain - I am sure they should be discounted as well. As soon as he got the captaincy of Younis Khan he phailed at Karachi. :hysterical: