Sehwag proves once again: Batting Strike rate matters a heck in tests.

patriot

If you think the red ball loses shine with "10 good whacks"' date=' you don't know zilch. [b']We won the England 2007 series with two openers who were consistent in seeing off the new ball. I am not saying Jaffer or Karthik is in any way better than Sehwag but in that series their opening partnerships ensured our middle order did not have to face the new ball..
Your sense of denial is amusing as is your understanding of the game. While Jaffer and kartik did a credible job, the reason we won in 2007 IN England was the way our seamers led by Zak bamboozled the England batsmen. Not once did they score 400. Unlike the previous series in 2002, where Pommies scored 400's , 500's and even 600+ .
Sehwag's average balls faced/inning would be worse if not for the two triple hundreds
LOL :hysterical:, and your point is ? If Sidhu's uncle would have been a woman, she would be his aunt ? :hmmm::hysterical:

Patriot - liked the avatar that you have. Tell me, did you like yesterday's innings? You know which one I am talking about. Lets not even go into whether Sehwag or anybody else could have done what was done yesterday. This is a time to savour. I repeat. Sehwag is a good player. On his way to becoming a great. Lets start this comparison after 2-3 seasons. Then it would have more relevance.

Patriot - liked the avatar that you have. Tell me, did you like yesterday's innings? You know which one I am talking about. Lets not even go into whether Sehwag or anybody else could have done what was done yesterday. This is a time to savour. I repeat. Sehwag is a good player. On his way to becoming a great. Lets start this comparison after 2-3 seasons. Then it would have more relevance.
Typical BIG SRT innings, that one has come to expect for sometime now. No muscular shots in anger. Grace. Poise and Classy touches. I hope he saves everything he has left in him now for the most crucial stages of next year's WC. Thats all I care for. The lesson for Sehwag here is the fitness and hunger that SRT has shown at the age of 36. It is only these 2 aspects that can waver him from the murderous vein he has been exhibiting for the last many years. Should he play his peak game for 4 more years, Team India will continue dominating.
Your retarded sense of denial is amusing as is your understanding of the game. While Jaffer and kartik did a credible job' date= the reason we won in 2007 IN England was the way our seamers led by Zak bamboozled the England batsmen. Not once did they score 400. Unlike the previous series in 2002, where Pommies scored 400's , 500's and even 600+.
Looks like I had given you more respect than you deserve. You cannot win any Test Match (let alone a series) without the bowlers significantly contributing, you moron, so citing it does not prove/disprove anything. If you don't know the importance of consistent opening partnerships in winning test series, especially outside the subcontinent, then I am wasting my time here. Your pea-sized brain cannot grasp anything.
LOL :hysterical:, and your point is ? If Sidhu's uncle would have been a woman, she would be his aunt ? :hmmm::hysterical:
The point - doubt if you have the ability to grasp such "complicated theories" but you cannot blame me for not trying - is the average (balls faced) is not the best indicator of the number of balls Sehwag is likely to face in any given inning. Now, you might ask, without thinking through again, that would be the case for any batsman so let me go a little further and tell you this, his 67 is way below the norm and the gap will become only wider if you apply the 'mode' (the range in terms of balls faced within which most innings fall) instead of the average as the statistic. I am sure that was way over your little head. Lesson over. Go back to mommy. :finger:
Looks like I had given you more respect than you deserve. You cannot win any Test Match (let alone a series) without the bowlers significantly contributing' date=' you effing moron, so citing it does not prove/disprove anything. [b']If you don't know the importance of consistent opening partnerships in winning test series, especially outside the subcontinent, then I am wasting my time here. Your pea-sized brain cannot grasp anything.
Are you telling me that Jaffer/Karthik are better than Sehwag/Gambhir combo anywhere on the planet ? Or that one of Kartik/Jaffer should be opening ? Y/N ? Or is that among 10K + memebers only your brain could not pick up a satire ? :hysterical::hysterical:. I see that your retarded understanding of the article has made you a butt of jokes by some other members as well .:--D The reason we won in England in 2007 unlike in 2002 where we just drew inspite putting runs on the board was purely on the basis of far superior bowling, especially led by Zak, who was man of the series.
Typical BIG SRT innings, that one has come to expect for sometime now. No muscular shots in anger. Grace. Poise and Classy touches. I hope he saves everything he has left in him now for the most crucial stages of next year's WC. Thats all I care for. The lesson for Sehwag here is the fitness and hunger that SRT has shown at the age of 36. It is only these 2 aspects that can waver him from the murderous vein he has been exhibiting for the last many years. Should he play his peak game for 4 more years, Team India will continue dominating.
Then again it came in an inconsequential series :yawn2:
Dumbphuck, are you telling me that Jaffer/Karthik are better than Sehwag/Gambhir combo anywhere on the planet ? Or that one of Kartik/Jaffer should be opening ? Y/N ? Or is that among 10K + memebers only your dumbphuck pea brain could not pick up a satire ? :hysterical::hysterical:. I see that your retarded understanding of the article has made you a butt of jokes by some other members as well .:--D The reason we won in England in 2007 unlike in 2002 where we just drew inspite putting runs on the board was purely on the basis of far superior bowling, especially led by Zak, who was man of the series.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Typical I say!! Taking a post out-of-context is the only effing thing you can come up with. Here is my original quote (post #372), "We won the England 2007 series with two openers who were consistent in seeing off the new ball. I am not saying Jaffer or Karthik is in any way better than Sehwag but in that series their opening partnerships ensured our middle order did not have to face the new ball.. " Btw, the verdict on Gambhir-Sehwag duo has to wait until they prove themselves in Aus/SA/England. The only time they played outside the subcontinent (NZ), Sehwag failed. If it were not for the club grade quality of the kiwis, we might not have won that series. Next time, try harder! :--D P.S: I did notice that you did not have anything informative to add, so quit underlining you stupidity.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Typical I say!! Taking a post out-of-context is the only effing thing you can come up with. Here is my original quote (post #372), "We won the England 2007 series with two openers who were consistent in seeing off the new ball. I am not saying Jaffer or Karthik is in any way better than Sehwag but in that series their opening partnerships ensured our middle order did not have to face the new ball.. " Btw, the verdict on Gambhir-Sehwag duo has to wait until they prove themselves in Aus/SA/England. The only time they played outside the subcontinent (NZ), Sehwag failed. If it were not for the club grade quality of the kiwis, we might not have won that series. Next time, try harder! :--D P.S: I did notice that you did not have anything informative to add, so quit underlining you stupidity.
When you come up with retarded commentsts like " take out his triples and his balls/innings goes down" and even fail to understand a simple satire one is tempted only to mock your intelligence. BTW here is how Sehwag has " failed" in his only England tour on his only tour. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63997.html http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63998.html And ofcourse great success opening against Lee and Co. in Australia is nothing more than a club match experience On a side note, if your master is so great - why does he want a totally seen off ball ? Again, why doesn't he do it himself, having the great technique and balance himself ? :hmmm:
When you come up with retarded commentsts like " take out his triples and his balls/innings goes down" and even fail to understand a simple satire one is tempted only to mock your intelligence.
Just as I thought the trouble I took to teach you a lesson in statistics was futile. I guess, your miniature brain has just enough space to store a limited vocabulary of words such as "dumbphuck" and you repeat it a million times.
BTW here is how Sehwag has " failed" in his only England tour on his only tour. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63997.html http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63998.html And ofcourse great success opening against Lee and Co. in Australia is nothing more than a club match experience
Your example actually works very well to prove my point. We managed a draw in that England series by winning the Leeds match with no small help from Rahul Dravid and Bangar, the top-order pair, wearing out the opposition on a helpful first day pitch for the bowlers. Sehwag as usual did not have the patience to stick round in that match. To cite another example where our openers failed and consequently we lost the series, how about this series?
On a side note, if your master is so great - why does he want a totally seen off ball ? Again, why doesn't he do it himself, having the great technique and balance himself ? :hmmm:
It is not about whether SRT requires a totally seen off ball or not, it is about what is the best approach for the opening pair when we play abroad. Slam bang or seeing off the new ball? Btw, it is not SRT or Dravid one should really be worried about but their replacements in the near future and how they would fare if exposed to the new ball regularly. And, don't keep repeating your stupid question on why SRT did not open in Tests. SRT would have opened in Tests if he had been an opener in his formative years. And, don't be so naive in believing that Sehwag is sacrificing himself for the team's cause by opening the batting. Sehwag would have played in the middle order if he had been given a chance. He wants to play down the order now anyway and I repeat, with Yuvi being a dud for test matches it is high time Sehwag was given the chance to bat in the middle order. He would be of more help to us coming down the order than opening the batting. I am done with this thread for good. I have made my point well and clear and if you don't agree with it so be it. Btw, I am a regular reader of AZ, so cut the crap about me misunderstanding him. Go read my response to Mr. Wicket before making a fool of yourself.
SRT PWNS' date=' if you have nothing to post constructively to the OP's initial claim, please refrain from spamming the thread. Patriot, please watch the language.[/quote'] Hey I am sorry graphic. But this clown, SRT PWNS :laugh: seems to think, this website belongs to his pop and he can get into threads abuse and GTFO :laugh: . ...Sorry but, I think we should have some minimum criteria like passing primary school or having an IQ of atleast 75 so that we can filter out such illiterates from ICF.

SRT PWNS, You need to stop spamming this thread. Patriot made a claim. A bunch of us argued with him and debated his claim. If you've got nothing substantial to say, please stay off the thread - you're just spamming. Patriot, please - dont bother responding anymore if the posts are not related to the thread. The mods will delete all the offtopic ones.