Accolades keep pouring in for 'world class' Rooney who is on his way out!

SachDan

^^ They only have 2 regulars in Messi and Ibrahimovich, though the latter is on his way out. Taking into account United's massive debt pile, it would be extremely difficult for them to ignore £80m.

^^ They only have 2 regulars in Messi and Ibrahimovich, though the latter is on his way out. Taking into account United's massive debt pile, it would be extremely difficult for them to ignore £80m.
Sir Alex won't sell, Rooney won't go. Ronaldo was different, he was from the continent. How many English players have had successfull careers outside England in league football? You could probbaly count them on one hand.

Sir Alex won't sell' date=' Rooney won't go. Ronaldo was different, he was from the continent. How many English players have had successfull careers outside England in league football? You could probbaly count them on one hand.[/quote'] The fact that Rooney is English is not going to be a major factor on whether or not he will join Real. The question is would SAF be willing to sell his best player?? He did it last season and it had a massive detrimental affect, would he be forced by the board to do so again. Vanity would be that he stays and Man U say to Real :thefinger:, but sanity would be for the Glazier's to take the £80m and pay off their interest. If Real do pursue hard for Rooney and the board instruct SAF his got to sell, than I would be interesting to see whether SAF walks, he was undermined last season, will he be undermined again.

The fact that Rooney is English is not going to be a major factor on whether or not he will join Real. The question is would SAF be willing to sell his best player?? He did it last season and it had a massive detrimental affect, would he be forced by the board to do so again. Vanity would be that he stays and Man U say to Real :thefinger:, but sanity would be for the Glazier's to take the £80m and pay off their interest. If Real do pursue hard for Rooney and the board instruct SAF his got to sell, than I would be interesting to see whether SAF walks, he was undermined last season, will he be undermined again.
The fact that Rooney is English will have a bearing on whether he personally wants to move abroad or not. When Ronaldo was sold, SAF has Rooney who could step up to the plate - in fact it was better for Rooney that Ronaldo went as he had more freedom and performed better, but if Roo goes there is nobody to step up to the plate within the current Man U set up. Rooney going will have a bigger effect than Ronaldo on ManU both as a team as well as their finances in terms of putting more bums on the seat week in and week out. Expect all hell to break loose from the supporters.

The fact that Rooney is English will have a bearing on whether he personally wants to move abroad or not. When Ronaldo was sold, SAF has Rooney who could step up to the plate - in fact it was better for Rooney that Ronaldo went as he had more freedom and performed better, but if Roo goes there is nobody to step up to the plate within the current Man U set up. Rooney going will have a bigger effect than Ronaldo on ManU both as a team as well as their finances in terms of putting more bums on the seat week in and week out. Expect all hell to break loose from the supporters.
I don't really see Rooney being attached with Man U, unlike John Terry at Chelsea or Gerrard at Liverpool, Rooney is Evertonian at heart. With the kind of money that will be offered to him at Real Madrid, and lure of paying on 30% tax as compared to 50%, it would make economic sense for him to move. On footballing terms I do somewhat agree with you, would he want to leave the safe surroundings of the premier league? Than there is also the question of medals, will Man U spend money to improve their squad next season, as compared to Real who on paper have a fantastic team but probably need a good technical coach to manage the team.

I don't really see Rooney being attached with Man U, unlike John Terry at Chelsea or Gerrard at Liverpool, Rooney is Evertonian at heart. With the kind of money that will be offered to him at Real Madrid, and lure of paying on 30% tax as compared to 50%, it would make economic sense for him to move. On footballing terms I do somewhat agree with you, would he want to leave the safe surroundings of the premier league? Than there is also the question of medals, will Man U spend money to improve their squad next season, as compared to Real who on paper have a fantastic team but probably need a good technical coach to manage the team.
The Special One should be arrivng at the Bernabeu tomorrow for the CL final and then to stay on:)

Guest Hiten.
The Special One should be arrivng at the Bernabeu tomorrow for the CL final and then to stay on:)
I don't want him to go at RM :(

I dont agree with the fact since Rooney was from Everton he isnt attached with United like Terry is with the Blues or Gerard with the reds. I have read his interviews many times, he is as passionate about United as anyone for their club. And Rooney's case and Ronaldo's case was differant. Ronaldo when he moved to RM was the best player in the world and had not had much to achive as Rooney now. Rooney is nowhere near to what Ronaldo was then. Rooney wants to improve and he wants to win Silverwares unlike Ronaldo who just wanted to play for a bigger name ( though i dont know there was any economic reason behind his move to RM). Rooney would play for United, if not United he will play for Barca. He will never play for a team like RM who spends heavily every year and cannot achive as much as even arsenal .

I dont agree with the fact since Rooney was from Everton he isnt attached with United like Terry is with the Blues or Gerard with the reds. I have read his interviews many times, he is as passionate about United as anyone for their club. And Rooney's case and Ronaldo's case was differant. Ronaldo when he moved to RM was the best player in the world and had not had much to achive as Rooney now. Rooney is nowhere near to what Ronaldo was then. Rooney wants to improve and he wants to win Silverwares unlike Ronaldo who just wanted to play for a bigger name ( though i dont know there was any economic reason behind his move to RM). Rooney would play for United, if not United he will play for Barca. He will never play for a team like RM who spends heavily every year and cannot achive as much as even arsenal .
I think your mistaking attachment and professionalism/passion. Terry, Gerrard, and Raul, are players who would somewhat believe they owe something to the club that made them, whereas I could not put players like Rooney, Drogba, and Fabregas in that bracket, as these guys would not have that same link but are very professional. I agree that Rooney is not in the same league as Ronaldo, but when a club is offering £80m, you will take notice. Ronaldo moved not only because he wanted to play for Real, but also the £250k a week. And if Real offer the same kind of terms to Rooney, than I'm sure he would be very interested. At the end of the day, Man U don't have much cash, hence any big signings are out of the question unless they sell. And if they don't improve their squad, than they are unlikely to win any trophies next season as well, which may also be SAF's last.

Wayne Rooney is increasingly open to the idea of completing the most rancorous and staggering transfer of modern times by leaving Manchester United for Manchester City. He has informed United he has no intention of signing a new contract and is ready to contemplate following Carlos Tevez's path across Manchester and the potential minefield and recriminations of swapping one club for the other.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/18/wayne-rooney-manchester-city-united :theman: