The great game: chandan Mitra

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
Guest dada_rocks

Re: The great game: chandan Mitra

Utter BS...If sehwag needs to be goaded into performing well' date='he sdhnt be in the team.[/quote'] it's not just sehwag it's indian culture. now u might ask for cultural overhaul in line with aussie for success :wall:

Re: The great game: chandan Mitra Sehwag is particular bad example of lazy sportsman. Who does not want to work hard to achieve results. Yes he may give 100% when he crosses the white line, although at times while fielding he does not even do that. But he needs to give 100% off the field as well in terms of training and preparation. Only then can you achieve best results in matches. Sehwag's attitude stinks.

Re: The great game: chandan Mitra dadarocks,if its indian culture to eat a lot,then are u always late for work?Do u take an afternoon nap at work? There are millions of things tht are "Indian" but we dont do it once we go to work.. Sehwag is an employee of BCCI and they wd not want sehwag to slack off at work too!

Re: The great game: chandan Mitra yes its indian culture to eat kilos of biryani. what was that great one-liner from Kapil paaji? "if you ask me to eat pasta i may not". yes it is in our culture for athletes to be overweight is it? the cricketers have a job to do on and off the field. you have to maintain your fitness when you are not playing with the team. Sehwag has put on at least 5-10 kilos in the last year or so. this hampers his stamina and fitness, effecting his batting, fielding and concentration. it is not an issue of "succumbing to culture". it is a matter of being a professional. get with the program and stop living in the 70s. intl cricket is not a game to relax and have samosas n pakodas in the lunch break. it is a professional sport where you are playing day in and day out, and you have to stay fit. maybe we could actually learn a thing or two from the much maligned "phoreiners" instead of blaming them for not understanding our culture. i have seen lack of fitness ruin some players. take these three for starters: A Nehra, L Balaji and Zaheer Khan. Luckily Zaheer had the fire and the desire to work his butt off, lose the extra lbs, get fit, and force himself back into reckoning with an admirable County season. Balaji has been criticized on numerous instances by the great Wasim Akram for looking unfit when he comes back after a break from intl cricket (off season). i remember this vividly. fast bowlers HAVE to do the work when they are not bowling, otherwise they will be injured. Same applies for Nehra.

yes its indian culture to eat kilos of biryani. what was that great one-liner from Kapil paaji? "if you ask me to eat pasta i may not". yes it is in our culture for athletes to be overweight is it? the cricketers have a job to do on and off the field. you have to maintain your fitness when you are not playing with the team. Sehwag has put on at least 5-10 kilos in the last year or so. this hampers his stamina and fitness, effecting his batting, fielding and concentration. it is not an issue of "succumbing to culture". it is a matter of being a professional. get with the program and stop living in the 70s. intl cricket is not a game to relax and have samosas n pakodas in the lunch break. it is a professional sport where you are playing day in and day out, and you have to stay fit. maybe we could actually learn a thing or two from the much maligned "phoreiners" instead of blaming them for not understanding our culture. i have seen lack of fitness ruin some players. take these three for starters: A Nehra, L Balaji and Zaheer Khan. Luckily Zaheer had the fire and the desire to work his butt off, lose the extra lbs, get fit, and force himself back into reckoning with an admirable County season. Balaji has been criticized on numerous instances by the great Wasim Akram for looking unfit when he comes back after a break from intl cricket (off season). i remember this vividly. fast bowlers HAVE to do the work when they are not bowling, otherwise they will be injured. Same applies for Nehra.
Very good post. :wtg: Agree on everything said
Guest dada_rocks

dadarocks,if its indian culture to eat a lot,then are u always late for work?Do u take an afternoon nap at work? There are millions of things tht are "Indian" but we dont do it once we go to work.. Sehwag is an employee of BCCI and they wd not want sehwag to slack off at work too!
You are making comparison between a job where u don;t have to be the best in the world to survive with cricket where these folks have to be the best to win anything..
Guest dada_rocks

yes its indian culture to eat kilos of biryani. what was that great one-liner from Kapil paaji? "if you ask me to eat pasta i may not". yes it is in our culture for athletes to be overweight is it? the cricketers have a job to do on and off the field. you have to maintain your fitness when you are not playing with the team. Sehwag has put on at least 5-10 kilos in the last year or so. this hampers his stamina and fitness, effecting his batting, fielding and concentration. it is not an issue of "succumbing to culture". it is a matter of being a professional. get with the program and stop living in the 70s. intl cricket is not a game to relax and have samosas n pakodas in the lunch break. it is a professional sport where you are playing day in and day out, and you have to stay fit. maybe we could actually learn a thing or two from the much maligned "phoreiners" instead of blaming them for not understanding our culture. i have seen lack of fitness ruin some players. take these three for starters: A Nehra, L Balaji and Zaheer Khan. Luckily Zaheer had the fire and the desire to work his butt off, lose the extra lbs, get fit, and force himself back into reckoning with an admirable County season. Balaji has been criticized on numerous instances by the great Wasim Akram for looking unfit when he comes back after a break from intl cricket (off season). i remember this vividly. fast bowlers HAVE to do the work when they are not bowling, otherwise they will be injured. Same applies for Nehra.
You have successfully changed the subject of discusison.. point being made here is that it's not in our culture to be talked loudly and respond to that positively. We respond better to avuncular words not masterly rods..

Re: The great game: chandan Mitra i wish i could take some time and post a little about various approaches to man management and coaching. but i will make it short and simple. 1) there is a whole lot of assumptions and stigma associated with how Chappell coaches which are not necessarily accurate in some places and far removed from the truth in other instances. for anyone who thought John Wright was some soft-spoken unassuming nurturing coach i reckon a quick read of his book threw those silly theories out the window. 2) i find it insulting that we have to bring up culture and tradition in what is a strictly professional environment. do you see it applied in your workplace? do you think that is how our country has gotten anywhere in the IT sector? through culture and kind words? 3) as i mentioned before, there are simple things that are non-negotiable in cricket. one is fielding and two is fitness. every other team in the world has been shouting it from the rooftops for the last 10 years, but we are impervious to such pesky little details. For that matter John Wright saw this too, but it turns out that he didnt do a great job on that front (mostly not his fault - he never got the bowling coaches and other staff that he asked for). it is a shame that Chappell saw this immediately as his first and the most important order of business and has not been able to evidently follow through. on that note i think the greatest possible thing that could have happened to zaheer khan's career was what did happen. i am a lot more confident about him as a bowler now. but for a senior player like sehwag to be dumb enough to bloat up like a balloon at the macy's thanksgiving day parade is atrocious, inexcusable and whatever gaali you can hurl at him. what i find even more hurting is people attempting to support him saying "he only put on a kilo or two under family pressure". HAH grow up fatty! you have to be an athlete to play cricket. the sooner our "culture" comes around to recognizing this, the better. IMO kind words and all are fine, but certain personalities require a fire to be lit under their asses. unfortunately that constitutes a number of people in our team. Harbhajan, Yuvraj, Sehwag, Zaheer. i think even Sachin to some extent, though not in the same manner - he is a consummate professional. anyway i have observed over a number of periods of ups and downs of these guys that when the fire is lit under them they begin to perform. so may be it could be that the "masterly rod" approach might not be a bad idea after all.

Re: The great game: chandan Mitra Veeru has to earn his money, DR.... jus cos he has talent and if he thinks he jus has to turn up and he will get selected and paid is ridiculous... he has to make sacrifices cos there are a million others who are less talent but more than willing to sacrifice a lot more to be in his place... he is insulting them, who cant make it but have sacrificed a lot in their life to be a national cricketer... my heart goes out to players like robin singh who was slightly short of talent, but worked so hard and with hope to make a comeback at 33 and the fittest around....