M.F. Hussain accepts Qatar citizenship

Texy

Friends, If I've hurt anybody's feelings here, please accept my apologies. I might have use some inappropriate language and I'm very sorry about that. The incidents of 26/11 had made me bitter about certain aspects of Indian life and things going on in India. I'll not use that as an excuse and will try to control my feelings. Once again. Sorry.

Here's hoping you've also stopped CONSIDERING yourself as an Indian - for there are a gazillion more loony Indians than Hindus :wink:
Sure, why not? If the likes of Shiv Sena or SIMI start ruling and defining India someday, that will a good enough reason to give up being an Indian, like so many Germans did under Hitler. People have taken up citizenship of other countries for much more mundane reasons like ease of traveling between countries.

the difference between SIMI Ruling and Kangress is what exactly ? :laugh:
Well just that Kangress keeps getting elected much to the chagrin of right wing loonies like you. :giggle: SIMI..well they would never come anywhere near to Kangress's popularity, although the way BJP's stocks are falling these days dont put it past BJP to go into the same gutter as SIMI.

Well just that Kangress keeps getting elected much to the chagrin of right wing loonies like you. :giggle: SIMI..well they would never come anywhere near to Kangress's popularity, although the way BJP's stocks are falling these days dont put it past BJP to go into the same gutter as SIMI.
Its not a popularity contest. Going by the conversion of Azamgarh into a tirth sthal by the Congress, it seems to me that the great sons of Azamgarh like Dawood Ibrahim, Abu Bashir and Abu Salem are icons that have been adopted by the Congress. SIMI should be happy that they have created Azamgarh as a Mecca of secularism which is being popularized by a national party. Digvijay Singh and company are actually taking a bath in the gutter called SIMI.

Its not a popularity contest.
Democracy is a popularity contest. If you, or BJP supporters like you, do not understand it maybe its time you took some Civics lessons.
Going by the conversion of Azamgarh into a tirth sthal by the Congress, it seems to me that the great sons of Azamgarh like Dawood Ibrahim, Abu Bashir and Abu Salem are icons that have been adopted by the Congress.
Dawood Ibrahim is a Konkani Muslim who was raised in Mumbai all his life. What has he got to do with Azamgarh?

Democracy is a popularity contest. If you' date=' or BJP supporters like you, do not understand it maybe its time you took some Civics lessons.[/quote']Democracy is. Terrorism is not. Congress and SIMI stand almost together on terrorism. I think future terrorists from Azamgarh can at least be assured that their homes will become pilgrimage centers for the Congressis.
Dawood Ibrahim is a Konkani Muslim who was raised in Mumbai all his life. What has he got to do with Azamgarh?
Perhaps so. But he along with his henchman Abu Salem, who was born in Azamgarh, have inspired a lot of youth from Azamgarh to become future icons of the Congress. I think he has family and business ties there also.

Democracy is. Terrorism is not. Congress and SIMI stand almost together on terrorism.
Then you have even worse knowledge of Indian politics than I give you credit for. By the way what is your opinion of vast majority of Indians who keep selecting Congress ahead of BJP?
Perhaps so. But he along with his henchman Abu Salem, who was born in Azamgarh, have inspired a lot of youth from Azamgarh to become future icons of the Congress. I think he has family and business ties there also.
No perhaps werhaps. Dawood is a Konkani Muslim raised in Mumbai. Please feel free to educate yourself before you throw names just for the heck of it. As for Abu Salem, he was a henchman who rode the Dawood name and is now behind the bars. xxx

look at yourself .... I mean you were convinced that jizya was in lieu of zakat' date=' the Indian govt is doing the right thing by sponsoring Hajj , that RSS = taliban yada yada .....[/quote'] And your igorance about 1971 war would always be legendary. A RSS loony who does not know recent history but keeps yapping about 1000 old history as if he is some kuan-ka-medhak-expert. No wonder with supporters like you BJP is going into the toilet with SIMI, which you agree to (now thats something I shall not forget in a hurry :giggle::giggle: )

Then you have even worse knowledge of Indian politics than I give you credit for. By the way what is your opinion of vast majority of Indians who keep selecting Congress ahead of BJP?
Only that elections are not fought on the issue of terrorism alone, or even primarily on terrorism. Otherwise we would not have seen the Congress re-elected in Maharashtra considering the two worst terror attacks in 2006 and 2008 took place in Mumbai.
No perhaps werhaps. Dawood is a Konkani Muslim raised in Mumbai. Please feel free to educate yourself before you throw names just for the heck of it. As for Abu Salem, he was a henchman who rode the Dawood name and is now behind the bars. xxx
I was confused about Dawood because of some misleading articles. Nonetheless his connection to Azamgarh is non-trivial. The pertinent fact is that Azamgarh is now a pilgrimage place for Congressmen especially Digvijay Singh who has little shame in visiting it and proclaiming doubts about the Delhi encounter and killing of Inspector MC Sharma even though the matter was investigated by the NHRC and a clean chit given to the Delhi police. And this came within a few days of the arrest of another terrorist from Azamgarh. Its not really a surprise for me, given that the stalwarts of secularism are now blaming Bajrang Dal and VHP for 26/11 as well. I am waiting for the day Hindus are blamed for 9/11.

And your igorance about 1971 war would always be legendary. A RSS loony who does not know recent history but keeps yapping about 1000 old history as if he is some kuan-ka-medhak-expert. No wonder with supporters like you BJP is going into the toilet with SIMI, which you agree to (now thats something I shall not forget in a hurry :giggle::giggle: )
Here the whole country is going into the toilet, not just the BJP. Maoism, terrorism, Telangana, price rise, Kashmir and now our problems even in Afghanistan. Forget the BJP, think about what the Congress is doing to the country.

Only that elections are not fought on the issue of terrorism alone, or even primarily on terrorism. Otherwise we would not have seen the Congress re-elected in Maharashtra considering the two worst terror attacks in 2006 and 2008 took place in Mumbai.
Basically in your opinion people do not have idea of what is important for them, right? What is this mindset to limit terrorism to 2006 and 2008? India has been seeing terrorist activities for well over 25 years, so how many times BJP has come to power? Post 2008 which Govt came to power in Maharastra and what does it say about local population's comfort with BJP???
I was confused about Dawood because of some misleading articles. Nonetheless his connection to Azamgarh is non-trivial.
Fair enough.
The pertinent fact is that Azamgarh is now a pilgrimage place for Congressmen especially Digvijay Singh who has little shame in visiting it and proclaiming doubts about the Delhi encounter and killing of Inspector MC Sharma even though the matter was investigated by the NHRC and a clean chit given to the Delhi police. And this came within a few days of the arrest of another terrorist from Azamgarh.
Folks like me, and many liberals like me, have no love lost for Azamgarh or anyone who scores brownie point for getting votes based on religious fervor. Digvijay Singh is hardly a politician who registers anything on national polity. If your assertion is that Digvijay Singh = Congress then it is plain wrong. If your assertion is what Digvijay Singh is doing is wrong then I am with you. xxx

in other words hypocrisy is now a desired trait to have .... keeping in mind how the thekedars of things like free-speech freedom of expression and things along those lines have gotten into a group orgy here .... nice going :two_thumbs_up:
You fail to understand the difference btw free speech and right of property, the founders and owners of this website, have every right to enforce whatever rules they deem fit, thats the right of property. And you have every right to walk out of here if you find it biased, and start your own website or blog where you can say what you want, when you want. I support your right and this websites owners right. So, please explain where am I hypocritical in my stance.

Here the whole country is going into the toilet, not just the BJP. Maoism, terrorism, Telangana, price rise, Kashmir and now our problems even in Afghanistan. Forget the BJP, think about what the Congress is doing to the country.
Now thats grand. All of what is mentioned is because of Congress?? :hysterical: Reality check - Maoism has been around since 70s. Same with terrorism or Kashmir. Telangana is a subject that every Telugu people should answer? Why should I? I have seen ample evidence that when it comes to statehood almost every Telugu folk from Telengana wants a state. You have 15 year olds putting themselves on fire. For what?? Freaking change of capital. Personally my standpoint has always been to support smaller state for better administration but not for political or selfish interest. In case of Telegana movement if Telugu folks become selfish what can any party do? It is intellactually dishonest to blame Congress for any of this, although if your assertion is that as a critic of Congress you have different ideas on handling these I would be more than willing to listen. xxx

feel free to dig that up
What? So an exchange that has been direct between me and you now fails to register? Sorry ace unlike you I do have other things to worry about than digging proof of your ignorance.
is that why you ran away from the RSS = taliban discussion and Hajj yatra ? Are they not current topics mian ji
Again, unlike you I do not have time to play the same fata raag. Exactly as I had mentioned in this thread earlier, regarding MTC's comment etc. So yes feel free to enjoy your ignorance of aadhunik itihaas, hamaare paas aur bhi kaam hai chaddidhaariji :giggle:

Basically in your opinion people do not have idea of what is important for them' date=' right?[/quote']Not at all. But people have different priorities and justifiably so. For example, it would be more important for a farmer how much price he is getting for his produce than what happened on 26/11. Maybe NREGA helped to get Congress a lot of votes. But it is still arguable that on terrorism Congress has failed badly, especially in Maharashtra.
What is this mindset to limit terrorism to 2006 and 2008? India has been seeing terrorist activities for well over 25 years, so how many times BJP has come to power? Post 2008 which Govt came to power in Maharastra and what does it say about local population's comfort with BJP???
I was just giving an example. It only supports my point that terrorism is not a primary issue in the elections, and the popularity of the Congress should not automatically justify its policy on terror. Frankly, this is not just true of India but even in the UK for example the Labor won after the terrorist attacks in London. Therefore I dont accept the argument that since Congress gets more votes then its policy on terrorism is good.
Folks like me, and many liberals like me, have no love lost for Azamgarh or anyone who scores brownie point for getting votes based on religious fervor. Digvijay Singh is hardly a politician who registers anything on national polity. If your assertion is that Digvijay Singh = Congress then it is plain wrong. If your assertion is what Digvijay Singh is doing is wrong then I am with you. xxx
Digvijay Singh is doing it on the behest of the Gandhi family. He himself said so that Sonia Gandhi told him to go to Azamgarh. He isnt alone, the UPCC chief and Azharuddin are also fellow pilgrims. It is all over the media how the Congress plan is to win Muslims in UP through the Azamgarh route.

Now thats grand. All of what is mentioned is because of Congress?? :hysterical: Reality check - Maoism has been around since 70s. Same with terrorism or Kashmir. Telangana is a subject that every Telugu people should answer? Why should I? I have seen ample evidence that when it comes to statehood almost every Telugu folk from Telengana wants a state. You have 15 year olds putting themselves on fire. For what?? Freaking change of capital. It is intellactually dishonest to blame Congress for any of this, although if your assertion is that as a critic of Congress you have different ideas on handling these I would be more than willing to listen. xxx
I agree Maoism has been around for long. But did we ever have a Cabinet minister Mamata Bannerjee who is almost openly supporting them with the single minded aim of getting power in West Bengal. And please look up how the Telangana mess has been created by the Congress. A person sits on hunger strike for a week and the Centre caves in and announces the creation of new state. I am not asking you to answer but the Congress, being in power in AP and the centre is definitely responsible for what is going on. And how about the food price rise, and the awesome Agriculture minister we have in Sharad Pawar - are we not allowed to criticize him? Is the Congress not responsible?