Any good and affordable hotel in New Delhi?

Deleted_User_1

I will be in New Delhi for three days in mid Jan as the last leg of my India trip. Does anyone have suggestions on a good, clean and affordable hotel of the standard of Holiday Inn, Ramada Inn, etc. I tried to look via the Internet and found that it is not as easy to get an idea of these hotels amenities and services. The top class hotels are way too expensive. I also want to do a Agra-Mathura trip and a Delhi city trip and was wondering if the hotels can arrange for that and also pick-up / drop off at the airport.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Any good and affordable hotel in New Delhi? When you say affordbale what do u mean. see this word has differen meaning for different section of siciety so please come clean and then i can suggest some name.

Re: Any good and affordable hotel in New Delhi?

Well then u have wide range of choices. I will suggest Hotel qutub near Qutub Minar 5th century historical monument of Gupta dynasty. http://www.delhitourism.com/delhi-hotels/hotel-qutab-delhi.html
Any other choices? Also how do I make a booking and travel arrangements with them? THANKS!! :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Any good and affordable hotel in New Delhi? I stayed in Qutub once so can vouch for it [seems I got excessive discount due to mass reservation for the academic event this one is shoin qutub to be in range of $200+ ]any in $100 range you can find many hotels more or less each and every of them can arrange agra tour. so here is the list, thanks to google. you can book online. http://www.quickbooker.com/booking/Hotel_List.asp?cityid=3&wsid=5&gclid=CI-_-u66iYkCFSFWPgodgRDaAA

Re: Any good and affordable hotel in New Delhi? When I visited India recently I booked the hotels by ringing them. They don't charge anything to book and when you reach there you can start paying. I was told if you book on the internet the prices were generally more. I was in 4 stars mostly and they were pretty good everywhere. Great food, nice people but often was told not to leave valuables in the hotel room. Touring India is really very cheap and no wonder a lot of people choose to go to India for tourism.

Re: Any good and affordable hotel in New Delhi?

When I visited India recently I booked the hotels by ringing them. They don't charge anything to book and when you reach there you can start paying. I was told if you book on the internet the prices were generally more. I was in 4 stars mostly and they were pretty good everywhere. Great food' date=' nice people but often was told not to leave valuables in the hotel room. Touring India is really very cheap and no wonder a lot of people choose to go to India for tourism.[/quote'] Thanks all!! Yes you are right internet prices are all bloated!

Re: Any good and affordable hotel in New Delhi? Sri Nanak Continental in Karol Bagh is alright. Under $100 per room, well it was the last time i was there (back in '02). Nothing special, but it's alright if you are used to staying at Ramadas. Personally, i recommend you go for a proper 5 star hotel. The Hyatt, the Shangri-La, the Grand etc. You may have to pay around $200-250, but they are easy to get reservations at, the service is decent and they are located in convenient areas within the city. For timely transportation, these hotels are very good. Smaller ones (like the one i mentioned) are understaffed and sometimes their cars just don't show up when you want them to. Most importantly, these hotels are SAFE and you don't need to worry about leaving valuables in your room. It's worth it. Ultimately, it depends what you are going for, i suppose. I've had money stolen at hotels in the past (fortunately never any large sum !) so in my case, safety takes precedence ahead of everything else. Service comes next, and then all the other stuff.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Any good and affordable hotel in New Delhi? In five start series they give u lock at least MUmbai Taj presidential does so if stealing is the concern go to TAJ