Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud

Feed

Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

I surrender :hail: I wonder why our stupid babus are pouring in millions on that MRF pace academy .... should have listened to the Bradman bhakths instead and invested in trundlers academy.
You are Tendulkar bhakta. I am no Bradman bhakta. I am logic bhakta. Anti-stupid-logic bhakta. :cantstop:

In fact Bradman played in such ancient times there is barely even tv footage of him. How such ancient bygone players can be compared to modern day greats is madness. Is WG Grace also as good as Sachin? He also basically only played against one other country. The rest were like Bangladesh now! Such uncompetitive era.

correction .. you are a lahori logic bhakt ... and you need to read the posts more carefully again ... SRT is just used as a representative of modern era batsmen ... as such there are quite a few others who can match bradman. if you think producing great fast bowlers is a stupid logic then I have no problems being called stupid.
Ya.. we know Ramiz Raja is better than Hammond :cantstop: Tamim Iqbal is better than Vijay Merchant, Vijay Hazare.
I would say the mid 70s ... some really great fast bowlers appeared on the scene and to add to that reverse swing was unearthed and cricket became a professional sport.
Also, the 1975 World Cup and Viv Richards' fielding in the final was a watershed moment with regards to the development of fielding as a discipline.
I would say the mid 70s ... some really great fast bowlers appeared on the scene and to add to that reverse swing was unearthed and cricket became a professional sport.
So someone like Gavaskar should have seen a major dip in his average after the mid 70s. He averaged 49 till 1975 and 51 after that. Similar for Chappell(51 and 54), Llyod(40 and 50), Boycott(47 and 47), I Chappell(41 and 47), Viswanath(38 and 43). There was no major change in any batsman's average who played sufficient cricket either side of the mid 70s. If anything, the numbers show a modest increase for most.