Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud

Feed

Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

Did you type that with a straight face. So Larwood would have done damage in 90s and Donald would not have torn apart teams in 30s:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Also WG grace would have been IPLs top scorer and Hobbs would be ranked number 1 in rankings:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: After all there is no proof!
But. Tendulkar is not even the best in the second most batsmen friendly decade. He ranks like 8th or 9th. How is he going to be no.1 in 1930 supposedly 3rd best batting friendly decade!! :cantstop:
Dominance against whom?? One team England. Thats it he dominated against one other competitive nation, the others were terrible. Also cricket that was an elitist sport for many and so the competition even from the one country england narrowed in this respect. It was such a uncmpetitive era and was an era were cricket was not reached out to the masses as like now.
Uncompetitive era that is why invented bodyline bowling. :cantstop:
Go watch some real cricket .... before you type some inane BS followed by the usual smilies .... Have you seen what happened to Lara ' date=' Ponting , Dravid and other when they were knocked down by Akthar , Harmison, Srinath etc ?[/quote'] The comparison is not between them. Thanks for proving my point. They were not wearing helmet. If they had not there is no telling what would have happened. Have you seen woodfull i think got hit on the chest by larwood. I mean they could post fielders wherever they wanted. In this era you cannot have more than 2 fielders behind the stumps on the leg side. Dravid had a fracture from 129k ball from Sohdat. Imagine they played without any proper coaching on a not so super flat wicket against unheard of bodyline bowiing without any helmet. When modern cricketers played cricket, bouncers were already a part and parcel of cricket. With bowling machines, new coaching tecnique, nets, practice pitches, you have hours and hours to hone your skill. Imagine you face bodyline attack for the first time. You cannot possibly say these guys without any prior knowledge of such deliveries would have survived.
you are talking as though his avg was 100 in that series also ... Take a look at Larwoods bowling avgs in that series and the ones before that .. What Larwood did to the Aussie team in that series is tried on a daily basis to tuck up Sehwag. Similar thing was tried by Anderson in the 2007 series.
Doesn't Tendulkar average poorly at Kingsmead fast pitch and portable pitches in NZ. Where does that leave him?
The reason Iam posting these Shoaib videos is because you were ridiculing modern batsmen with protection as though it was some sort of a magic wand that would convert these fast bowlers into puzzies. The art of scoring these days is to survive the strike bowlers and try to score against the lesser bowlers. Somedays you will survive somedays you wont. To try and suggest that DGB went thru the same sheet as BCL , SRT etc against Akthar is just laughable. Not one single team that he came across had even remotely close firepower as some of the guys I keep telling you about.
Again on what basis you will say Bradman will fail against them. By all accounts Bradman was a fast learner. Faster than the most in his era. That is why he stood out. What makes you think he would struggle against them. Look at the hook and pull shots played by Greg Chappell, Richards, SObers.Do you see any of our contemporaries play the hook shot convincingly even against trundlers like SOhdat hussain, rubel hossain, shafiul islam. How do you think these guys would have played hook shots in those days without protection or practice? They would have failed big time!!
Yeah but there is no shortage of people like you who rate DGB's innings higher than some of Veerus inngs using the same old tired bakwas like ohhh flat pitches no bouncers big fat helmet and yada yada ....
That was just to prove your theory of Sohaib AKhtar was some demonic fast bowler who cannot be dominated.
That was just to prove your theory of Sohaib AKhtar was some demonic fast bowler who cannot be dominated.
So who if your life was at stake would you want to bat for your life tommorow against a current test match attack? Bradman from 30s or Tendulkar of 2010? p.s just want an answer of bradman or tendulkar and no smoke screen avoidance of the question

................... From Adcock's first over it was clear that we were in for a warm time." Sutcliffe said. "Rabone and Chapple were both struck by balls which flew viciously from a good length. I had played only two balls from him when another flew at my head. I tried desperately to hook, but was hit on the side of the head and went out like a light." Blood pouring from a split in his ear, he was eventually led off to hospital, where he fainted twice more. It was not expected that he would take any further part in the game .....Read more.......................

So who if your life was at stake would you want to bat for your life tommorow against a current test match attack? Bradman from 30s or Tendulkar of 2010? p.s just want an answer of bradman or tendulkar and no smoke screen avoidance of the question
If my life was stake at this point i would use Jonathan Trott :cantstop: