Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud

Feed

Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

Bodyline_3rd_Test_Oldfield_02.jpg Bert Oldfield staggers away with his skull fractured.
Sunny and Viv would have showed him how to play it. Viv would have swatted these so called body line balls in to the stands. And he would do that while wearing a cap, like most in 70s. So stop making Bradman out to be a hero for wearing a cap and getting hit all the time. His technique did not allow him and others to cope. Modern day bats would play that with ease

So according to some of you, 30 years from now if bowling speeds get into the super phaaast territory (let's say 175 mph) and a few bats average lower than the SRTs and Dravids and Laras (let's say in the 40s), the players of that era would be considered the BEST cause the current maharathis would all be clueless against 175 mph. B-> Or are you going to say that your cherry picked players alone would still be considered the bestest cause you said so. :hysterical:

If you had rely solely on stories told by old foggies who we know are prone to exaggerating the true worth of old innings because they are emotionally attached to that age and you have a willing gullible audience then yeah the same sheeet will continue ... luckily 30 yrs from now there will be video footage available to make a side by side comparison.
What if current video formats are obsolete and all people have to rely on are stories and scorecards and pictures, you are ok with people discounting all the achievements of the current generation? Remember you will be an old foggy by then. :giggle:
Iam old foggy even now yods ... the avg age of the phorum members here is half that of my age .... a lot of people here arent even 30yrs old which is how far back my serious cricket following goes back to ... And how does a video image become so crappy that it transforms bowlers into trundlers ? Even look at the whatever little footage of DGB is available do you really think the video formats are the reason why they appear soo erm stoopid ?
If you look back at Holding's video he would appear like Irfan pathan coz his run up is so smooth. Ishant and Sohdat would look like demons. But we all know what speed they bowl at. How do you determine what speed they bowl at from choppy videos? We are blaming neo cricket for speed inaccuracies who had all the equipments. But somehow you could determine the speed with your eyes. Great. But guy who got his skull fractured would be thnking to himself "I am glad i didn't play in future against Praveen kumar" :cantstop:
And how does a video image become so crappy that it transforms bowlers into trundlers ? Even look at the whatever little footage of DGB is available do you really think the video formats are the reason why they appear soo erm stoopid ?
Errrr...because footage in Bradman's time was shot at 12-16 frames per second and today is shot at 120+ frames per second. :idea:
In your case forget about video footage you think that Gubby allen was as good as Donald to embellish DGBs acheivements even though absolutely no one would pick him any XI .. BTW are you going to provide any straight answers to those questions in post#105 anytime soon or is that too much to expect ?
Who picked Donald in any XI? Tell me. :cantstop: If you ask 100 top cricketers in the world to pick a XI you would see every single person would pick Bradman first. But you could see some leaving Tendulkar out.