Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud

Feed

Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

Tendulkar is the greatest bat ever. If some want to argue Bradman is the most dominant bat according to his era in history, fair enough. But to say he has the skills of modern day bats and could face modern day bowlers and compete in a modern day match is quite frankly ludicrous. Some of you guys are in la la land!
OMFG. Can someone please ban this ****. He is single handedly bringing down the intelligence of this forum.
that allready went 50 feet below horse manure when some esteemed members here started saying that a Gubby Allen or Larwood were just as good as a Donald and McGrath
When you come up with a theory that will be disagreed by 99% of cricket community, Tendulkar is just as good as Bradman why not? :hysterical:

whats the use of polls.... after lookin at the list of people nominated in our lok sabha... if have lost faith in it :( Bradman will always be No.1 coz of his stats.... they are just overwhelming... bradman played against bowlers that were in front of him at that time.. theoretically its impossible to figure out how he would have performed against bowlers of 70's 80's 90' 2000's, he performed exceptionally well against all before him at that time. his name will last till the end of times as long as cricket will be played... so will tendulkar's... one brough joy to the australian people, the other to the indian people... their impact on the nation's psyche will never be forgotten... in that way boh are equals, but statistically bradman is superior...

Who picked Donald in any XI? Tell me. :cantstop: If you ask 100 top cricketers in the world to pick a XI you would see every single person would pick Bradman first. But you could see some leaving Tendulkar out.
ZING. Bhai has got nothing in return.

For those who believe calling Sachin Tendulkar the greatest of all time is sacrilegious... Link Is Sachin Tendulkar the best batsman ever? The Little Master became the first man to hit 200 in an ODI yesterday. Given his strength in all forms of the game, is it time we consider him the superior to Don Bradman? guardian.co.uk, Thursday 25 February 2010 08.09 GMT India's Sachin Tendulkar celebrates reaching his double-century against South Africa in Gawalior. Photograph: Punit Paranjpe/Reuters 91.2% Yes 8.8% No This poll is now closed guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media Limited 2010

Sachin Tendulkar Averages 137 against Bangers. Just like Bangers' bowling attack, the impotence of the bowling attack in 30s and 40s is beyond discussion. When people on this very board debate the greatness of Sachin versus his contemporaries, his average against Bangers is always discarded and nobody seems to mind. We have people who are not content with Sachin scoring centuries against attacks consisting of Donalds and Steyns of the world. They want further proof of his dominance against the very best the world (Tendulkar vs Donald, Tendulkar vs Steyn etc) has ever seen before they'll accept him as deserving. Strangely, none of this seems to matter when Bradman is involved. Why are people so loathe to apply the same yardstick as Sachin?
If an average against Bangladesh was used as a benchmark of comparison to bowlers of 30s and 40s then people like Jason Gillespie are ahead of Tendulkar

well i dont think people bother compare bradmans performance against the best bowlers of his time because its pretty obvious he smashed them all, i dont know if they even keep batsman vs bowler stats from back then ? If you literately think we need bradman vs Donald and bradman vs Steyn stats my time machine is currently broken but im pretty sure he would do better than a sub 40 average against south africa. Its like saying since tendulkar never faced lillee so his achievements are void.

or better yet simply proclaim that bowling pedigree doesnt matter at all and Murali+Warne are as effective as Verity ... or that not having played a single match in Ind' date=' SA, NZ is not really a big deal. :--D[/quote'] We are supposed to be "retards" for being sacrilegious. I guess that puts us in the same category as 91% of the voters in the Guardian poll. Btw, aren't the mods supposed to be hunting down people who make personal remarks? Or does that apply only when a mod himself is not involved?
well i dont think people bother compare bradmans performance against the best bowlers of his time because its pretty obvious he smashed them all' date= i dont know if they even keep batsman vs bowler stats from back then ? If you literately think we need bradman vs Donald and bradman vs Steyn stats my time machine is currently broken but im pretty sure he would do better than a sub 40 average against south africa. Its like saying since tendulkar never faced lillee so his achievements are void.
Who was ALL?? Her played against one competitive team in England. Also I am still amazed at the retarded pots from people who actually think that if you put a 1930s sportsmen in a time machine and let them play tommorow in modern sports that they would actually be any good. Frankly they would be a comedy show! Again I repeat. You can say a 30s sportsmen was the moxt dominat player of his era and was more dominant in his era in comparison to other players domination of their eras. But to actually say that a 1930s players would do well today and technically was as good etc etc is the stuff of an idiot. I mean the way some are saying above that Bradman would do well against the 2010 SA attack is ridiculous and in their hearts they know it. The way some are arguing over the brilliance of bowlers and bats from 50 years ago and saying that Sachin would struggle against players from 50 years ago is delusional and intellectually dishonest.
OMFG. Can someone please ban this ****. He is single handedly bringing down the intelligence of this forum.
What you think that Bradman would score runs in modern day cricket? You earlier agreed that he would not in another post! As some are actually arguing that if you put Bradman from 30s in a time machine and faced him up against a test team, that he would do well and better then modern day bats.
What you think that Bradman would score runs in modern day cricket? You earlier agreed that he would not in another post! As some are actually arguing that if you put Bradman from 30s in a time machine and faced him up against a test team, that he would do well and better then modern day bats.
I don't have an issue with that, as I agreed he wouldn't. But you can't sit there and pay out Bradman. He was never coached and cricket was just a passion (not a job), times have changed, it is unreasonable to insult someone's ability simply because the standards were lower.
I don't have an issue with that, as I agreed he wouldn't. But you can't sit there and pay out Bradman. He was never coached and cricket was just a passion (not a job), times have changed, it is unreasonable to insult someone's ability simply because the standards were lower.
To be fair I am only drawn in to this cos of the stupidity of people saying a 30s sportsman would do well in modern day sports. I agree he was by far the most dominat player of his era and more dominat then any player had over an era. In that respect he could well be called greatest ever. In the other respect of who is in REALITY the best batsman. Then Tendulkar is the greatest ever.