Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration

shailesh

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration guys... u r taking this way offf-track of wat actually happened...... those immigration officials are humans first..they didnt behave like one.... be it, white skin, indian or nri or anyone..... if 2 small children have continuously flown for 24 hours, then as basic human beings, he can atleast give them a day's time to get the required documents faxed..... i really felt bad for those lil children... this is a matter of individual cruelty and abuse of powers and not color or creed or country....

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Do you think the comments about india and indiand justified yoda... Even if the authorities were wrong....are such comments justified....specially when when they were wrong in the first place... silly people trying to cover up theirblunder by pointing fingers at others... besides ...this is only their version...we haven't heard the other side.I wouldn't trust the words of such people.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration

Do you think the comments about india and indiand justified yoda... Even if the authorities were wrong....are such comments justified....specially when when they were wrong in the first place... silly people trying to cover up theirblunder by pointing fingers at others... besides ...this is only their version...we haven't heard the other side.I wouldn't trust the words of such people.
He was angry and blabbered sthg I am sure he would have hardly meant those words.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Treating children this way and allowing the Frenchman is absolutely riduculous in my opinion....the officials involved need to be brought to book.Did they follow the correct procedure? However,this does not pardon the careless behavior of parents.They have no right to comment saying they are ashamed of being indians.Would they dare enter US without Green cards and then speak to us media like that? The only innocents in this whole episode are the poor kids who suffered because of their parent's and the indian officials actions. But again,if those guys need to be questioned...what is the procedure and how did they allow the frenchman..rule is same for every one.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration SO BOSS you got PIO card for your son? I think OIC for kids whose both parents are indian citizen is not allowed. BTW in PIO form they seek finger print of the kid, god knows why. it was a tough battle with my son. He used to start crying like hell.. we tried it thrice then finaly we got it. :lmao:

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration I am no Immigration Attorney but I do know that every country has a different Immigration Arrangement with other countries. For example a Brit can come to US and get a tourist visa on spot, but an India can not.(This was the situation till I knew, it might have been updated). Does that mean that an Indian can suggest that Whites favour Whites? No. Those are immigration rules and one has to follow them. The same thing might be true in this case. I mean maybe India allows French tourists some benefits that Americans do not. Post 911 American Immigration has ruffled every country(Brits had gone up in arms about fingerprinting) so quite possible India's immigration rules are different for a French vis a vis American citizen. Lastly I am a little surprised how the parents are mouthing about fax. When they first went to USA(they are green card now) did they beleive US Immigration would let them in on a fax?? Hell no. They had to have originals but here in India they seem to beleive a fax will do. And then Indians are accused of hypocracy!! Go figure. That said I feel sorry for the kids. They should not have undergone this mess. xxxx

I am no Immigration Attorney but I do know that every country has a different Immigration Arrangement with other countries. For example a Brit can come to US and get a tourist visa on spot, but an India can not.(This was the situation till I knew, it might have been updated). Does that mean that an Indian can suggest that Whites favour Whites? No. Those are immigration rules and one has to follow them. The same thing might be true in this case. I mean maybe India allows French tourists some benefits that Americans do not. Post 911 American Immigration has ruffled every country(Brits had gone up in arms about fingerprinting) so quite possible India's immigration rules are different for a French vis a vis American citizen. Lastly I am a little surprised how the parents are mouthing about fax. When they first went to USA(they are green card now) did they beleive US Immigration would let them in on a fax?? Hell no. They had to have originals but here in India they seem to beleive a fax will do. And then Indians are accused of hypocracy!! Go figure. That said I feel sorry for the kids. They should not have undergone this mess. xxxx
Lurker, i agree about the fax part, which is ridiculous.... but they could have given a day or two and the originals could have been overnight mailed... i think, international express takes about a day or two..... they could have kept them in the airport till then like in the movie, Airport... Radhika, whether this was in US or India, those custom officials represent their government, like how an action by a McDonalds employee can make anyone sue McDonalds.... Him acting so rude and un-understanding where young children are concerned reflects bad on the humanity of our country... yes, it does make me ashamed.... i dont care, how US or UK deal with such case... I would like people who represent my country to be better qualified in humanity.... how would u feel, if all NRIs behave like pakis in UK and earn a bad name for the country.... similarly, it is the duty of those officials also to earn a good name for their country....

Do you think the comments about india and indiand justified yoda... Even if the authorities were wrong....are such comments justified....specially when when they were wrong in the first place... silly people trying to cover up theirblunder by pointing fingers at others... besides ...this is only their version...we haven't heard the other side.I wouldn't trust the words of such people.
yes, their comments are justified cause of the humiliation and suffering they had to go through cause the guy couldn't wait another 10 minutes. i am sure they didn't mean any disrespect to the country. if they did, they wouldn't be trying to travel again. "such people" are very common. those who expect some lee-way and understanding from their own country men in difficult circumstances.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Lurker, going to a strange country, yes you don't expect any slack. Coming to your own country, yes, you do expect some understanding in such a difficult situation. Not that it was pre-planned, but once it happens, you expect to work it through. If faxing was not acceptable, why let them fax in the first place?

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration This is 1st time I am hearing abt visa on the spot for INDIA, i know it exists in other countries perhaps, not for US citizens..if visa was on the spot then why would anyone apply before going? Boss, whats the procedure for dual?

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration >>>Radhika, whether this was in US or India, those custom officials represent their government, like how an action by a McDonalds employee can make anyone sue McDonalds.... Him acting so rude and un-understanding where young children are concerned reflects bad on the humanity of our country... yes, it does make me ashamed.... i dont care, how US or UK deal with such case... I would like people who represent my country to be better qualified in humanity. why just custom officials...everyone should be more humane.... and things would be so much easier if everyone carried their travel documents along... Anyways guys...didn't mean to upset anyone...sorry if i did! I have to go to the dentist tomorrow and get a tooth drilled :eew: ... I am scared....won't beable to sleep all night.....i hate that sound the drill machine makes ...good night! :Cry:

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration The conclusion as far as I can see: 1. Parents were stupid. 2. Immi officials were..well immi officials. They are same everywhere. 3. Kids suffered which was sad, but it was parents fault first. Earlier I was more sympathetic but didn't like the dramatic tone with kids pic in report etc. Why not post pics of immi officials, parents and the french guy too? 4. French guy - the root of all trouble :lol: should be thrown in mumbai jail and then deported :lmao:

Lurker, going to a strange country, yes you don't expect any slack. Coming to your own country, yes, you do expect some understanding in such a difficult situation.
actually it's not just India but may be a third world thingy? one of my friends told me how he was treated fine in mexico consulate while the same officials put a local makku guy who was legally working in the US thru hell :lol: :shrug:

Guest dada_rocks

Boss, whats the procedure for dual?
Dont know Rajeev ... I dont think its implemented yet .. I did PIO card which requires (in your case) either your old indian cancelled Passport or your Birth Cert and if none of that is available your Parents PP/ Birth Cert ... anything that prooves your Indian Origin. Dada , I didnt do the finger print ... it is absolutely useless (technically speaking) The Guy on the phone said dont need it.
They have added it now.. actually in revious form there was no requiremtn of finger print and I had kept that form filled for sometime and apeeared with it and then was told no it has changed u need finger print now.. :mad: