Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration

shailesh

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration

Dada ' date=' the form I filled had that requirement ... thats why I called the embassy ... but every embassy is different ... there is no uniformity in how they operate ... strange really ... :mad:[/quote'] kha mo kha hamko daura diya us burhiya ne.. :mad:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Yes if not for french guy it would have been perfectly rational and legal thing to do.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Didn't read the entire thread but there are many variables involved. Firstly, just on the basis of humanity more time should have been given to receive the faxed documents. However, its quite possible that the people in question pissed off the immigration officials. I've seen it happen in front of my own eyes on many occasions when Green Card Holders or US citizens treat Indians and Indian officials like shit. And God help someone who has pissed off an Indian official when he has the power to screw you. Some of these guys loose all ryhme and reason. Regarding the French guy, as far as I know transit visa rules are different for different countries. Its quite possible transit visas are allowed for French nationals and not for Americans. Anyhow, the least these guys could have doen is given a reasonable amount of time for the fax to arrive.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration The only one i feel sorry for are the kids who had to suffer because there parents are stupid. This family had the presence of mind to give home keys to some friend who knew the exact location where the documents were but are dumb enough not to carry them. what crap. The only reason one needs a visa or PIO card is to enter India without any problem. So why the hell would you not carry that single most important document ?? Haan bhai India hai lets not carry document, kahi India mai chori na hojae, lets keep them at home. Its not as if they will send us back. India hai chalta hai..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration It seems they are punctual in that regard, even the form claims ten days. :wtg: thanks for the info