Yusuf accuses Symonds of sledging

cricketman200

Ahmedabad: Rajasthan Royals batsman Yusuf Pathan on Friday accused Andrew Symonds of sledging him during an Indian Premier League match here and said the Australian`s behaviour made him more determined to go for big shots against Deccan Chargers bowlers here today. Yusuf smashed Deccan bowlers to all parts of the ground to score a quickfire unbeaten 74 to power Rajasthan to a eight-wicket win over the Hyderabad side. Soon after guiding his side home, Yusuf said Deccan Chargers` all-rounder Symonds sledged him while he came out to bat. "It inspires you makes you more determined when a opposition player sledges you. When I went in to bat today, Symonds exchanged a few words and and it made me more determined to score runs," Yusuf said after the match. "I batted well. My mummy papa (mom-father) have been coming for the last two games and I am happy that I scored some runs for them today. The ball was coming nicely on to the bat," the dangerous right-hander, who was selected in India`s Twenty20 World Cup squad today, said. http://cricket.zeenews.com/fullstory.aspx?nid=28558

Well' date=' he said it fired him up. Whats wrong with that? He is not complaining.[/quote'] exactly .. I heard the interview (they took it from the MoM interview I suppose) and he just said that Symonds sledged him a bit and that fired him up .. he said he liked it as it had fired up .. dont understand how much will these news channels go to just create controversy and masala news ... the news article above is not that bad but the title that accuses of sledging is really masala headline

the worrying factor about yusuf's batting so far is he hasnt been dished out enough short balls... the other day, every DC bowler including vaas was offering full length deliveries or full tosses which our yusuf mian, spanked out of the ground merrily... this gives a false hope for us indian fans that he can repeat the magic in the world stage in the T20 WC... only to disappoint getting out to short balls... i want yusuf to be pampered with short raising deliveries in the coming matches and see if he is really capable of adjusting and delivering