Question About Drink-Driving...

Captain of Bhangra

Please read the below text carefully and vote for the opinion that most resembles yours. Two men have been out drinking, and decide to go home. Man A's car is parked outside, but they had previously mentioned getting a taxi. Man A may have possibly stated he intended to drive home, or that he didn't, this is unclear at the moment. Man B offers to drive home, so Man A happily gives Man B the keys and jumps in the passenger side. Man B crashes the car and this results in a slight dent. Man A isn't bothered about the dent in his car, but if he was, who was at fault for it? Please answer this question honestly in the poll.

Re: Question About Drink-Driving... i think if Man B was in more stable than Man A...and Man A thought that it will be safe to give the keys to Man B...then i don't think Man A should accuse Man B for this accident. i would say both are at fault..as both were not in a condition to drive. so it was a stupid think for them to think that they could drive. they should thank god that they did not kill anybody....in the accident.

Re: Question About Drink-Driving... Stop drinking so much ..COB ab to shaadi ho gayee hai...uss bechari ka kuch khayal karo..... and stop going out with drunks!ok??? :hic: both are at fault but A more so because its his car ...he got the car hence it was his responsibility to stay sober....

Re: Question About Drink-Driving...

Please read the below text carefully and vote for the opinion that most resembles yours. Two men have been out drinking, and decide to go home. Man A's car is parked outside, but they had previously mentioned getting a taxi. Man A may have possibly stated he intended to drive home, or that he didn't, this is unclear at the moment. Man B offers to drive home, so Man A happily gives Man B the keys and jumps in the passenger side. Man B crashes the car and this results in a slight dent. Man A isn't bothered about the dent in his car, but if he was, who was at fault for it? Please answer this question honestly in the poll.
There isn't enough info. provided for me to give you a conclusive answer, COB. However; if the case doesn't include any other details and is as vague as you described it to be - then it's evident that both parties are equally at fault and A certainly can't claim anything from the other due to his voluntary assumption of risk (you must have heard about this if you did Law at any stage of your life) and since he had no objection to B driving around drunk - his consent can be deemed as genuine. In other words - B is at fault for negligent driving, but i am assuming that A; even though he may have been slightly drunk - was still able to maintain some degree of clarity in thought when he agreed to hand over the keys - and once he did that, he was essentially agreeing to the risk of B actually crashing the car. It's too vague a case, but if this IS all there is to it - i'd say both are just as guilty as the other and would probably get laughed at by the judge if they went to court over this.