Loutish Indian cell phone use is out of control

head coach

Loutish cell phone use in India is out of control. Mobile phones now ring wherever you go. One way it shows the flying colors of privatization and transitional Indian economy and on the other side it has become a nuisance to the day to day life. There are certain cell phone etiquettes that Indians miss out while using this device. Here are few from an Internet search: 1. Never take a personal cell phone call unless it is an emergency call during a meeting. There is a always the convenience of keeping it in silent and vibrate mode. 2. Maintain at least a 10-foot zone from anyone while talking. Use caution while talking and driving(Use a head set for hands free calling). 3. Never talk in libraries, museums, restaurants, cemeteries, theaters, hospitals, dentist clinic, places of worship, auditoriums or other enclosed public spaces. And don't have any emotional conversations in public ? ever. 4. Don't use loud and annoying ring tones that destroy concentration and eardrums. Grow up! 5. Never "multi-task" by making calls while shopping, banking, waiting in line or conducting other personal business. 6. Keep all cellular conversation brief and to the point. 7. Use an earpieces in high-traffic or noisy locations. That lets you hear the amplification, or how loud you sound at the other end, so you can modulate your voice. 8. Tell callers when you're talking on a mobile, so they can anticipate distractions or disconnections. Finally respect the other human being who is walking/standing/sitting beside you. He or she may not b interested to hear what you are talking or may be busy with something much important. Follow what your mother said at school "Give respect and take respect!"

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Loutish Indian cell phone use is out of control I say throw this garbage gadget away.. every freaking member in my family has got one except me. :wtg: . particularly in India there is zero fee for receiving and people have gone crazy with number of cellphone connections.. Even my mother one of the most frugal person u will ever find has got one. My wife keeps pestering me to carry one but I need my quiet time, no cellphone for me. Besides I am noone's slave who has to be on beck and call 24/7 :lmao: I am against car riding too unless there is no other means of transportation available, thankfully in canada even smallest of places have top-notch public transportation system. :wtg: End of rant

Re: Loutish Indian cell phone use is out of control Between two of us ...we have three :roll: >>>>5. Never "multi-task" by making calls while shopping, banking, waiting in line or conducting other personal business. What is wrong with that? Do You know how many things a woman has to do in a day......?maybe not personal business but rest all is ok.... I hate people with embarrasing ringtones....our principal who is pretty bindaas has a Fa*t ringtone...... :shrug:

Re: Loutish Indian cell phone use is out of control

Between two of us ...we have three :roll: >>>>5. Never "multi-task" by making calls while shopping, banking, waiting in line or conducting other personal business. What is wrong with that?
Most of the Indian shops are closed rooms and talking too loud disturbes all others who are in the shop. Same with bank or any other closed public places. But as you said it only means controlled usage whereever you are.

Re: Loutish Indian cell phone use is out of control I think people just need to learn to talk politely and softly......not many people mind such people. I have a problem with people driving while talking on the mobile....even head set is not acceptable...as the phone distracts you from the road anyways. worse are people who cross roads while talking on the phone.

Re: Loutish Indian cell phone use is out of control

5. Never "multi-task" by making calls while shopping, banking, waiting in line or conducting other personal business.
Nothing wrong in using your cell phone while doing those daily things...but yakking on the cell while driving is my pet peeve!