Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother...

Sooda

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... haha Dal you sound like my brother, he was fuming after todays highlights... incidently i had stopped watching big brother since the first series, but Shilpa's entry and the subsequent dispicable behaviour shown by Jade and her gang has intrigued me. One word for that gang PATHETIC! Much kudos goes out to Shilpa, a real lady.

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... Raj, I stopped watching it a while ago. For the past 4 years, I watch the first shows of each series to see the retards go in, then don't watch it anymore. Shilpa being in it kept my interest for a bit longer, and now obviously this situation has me glued. Man I felt like trashing my own TV when that fuckin soor was on screen mouthing off...

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... Read this message by one of the posters on a Guardian blog discussing the Shilpa affair. Take a look.

These "celebrities" live in a "house", where they are told to perform certain "tasks" and the public "vote" to keep or "evict" them. They are under constant surveillance, even when asleep, and are obviously aware the cameras are on them, who wouldn't be with that many cameras? And this is supposed to be "reality" TV? They are all going to get loads of money for their "performances", and frankly why is it such a big issue anyway???? Meanwhile, news in the REAL world:- Iraq Darfur Lebanon Somalia And on and on....... But we are all supposed to be angry and outraged about "mistreatment" meted out to a pampered, stuck up, holier than thou, Indian "celebrity". The amaxing irony is that it's OK for Indians to burn "effigies" of Big Brother Producers, have MPs raise this rubbish in our Parliament and also have demonstrations, comments from Blair and Brown, all for an actress. But, when Muslims protest about cartoons that mock and defame their religion, that's "over reacting, irrational, knee jerk, extremist". What utter hypocrisy. What about "free speech", where are all those that were so eloquently defending the right of the cartoonists to offend Islam and Muslims? Surely the "housemates" can offend whatever and whoever they want? After all, the cartoons mocked a religion, the housemates are just mockingand offending an Indian actress, right?? It would have been funny to see the reaction if this actress was clad in a Hijab / Burka / Niqab.

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... The pain and jealousy of a pakistani muslim in England..seeing the importance and respect given to indian and indian govt... i am loving it... More power to Blair.. :hic: BTW what is this bull shit of british asian? British Indians are different from British asians... i read one article in a pakistani newspaper..and indian were addressed as british asians ..a blanket statement or word bringing and mixing the sins and bad things of Pakistani and bangladeshis with positive image and positivity of british indians. IMO Indian there..should carry a movement explaing that indian are different from lowly creatures of other asian countries....and should be branded or bracketed together.. had i been in UK....i would have corrected each and every body who would have called me asian... Our identity is INDIAN and Not ASIAN.

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother...

The pain and jealousy of a pakistani muslim in England..seeing the importance and respect given to indian and indian govt... i am loving it... More power to Blair.. :hic: BTW what is this bull **** of british asian? British Indians are different from British asians... i read one article in a pakistani newspaper..and indian were addressed as british asians ..a blanket statement or word bringing and mixing the sins and bad things of Pakistani and bangladeshis with positive image and positivity of british indians. IMO Indian there..should carry a movement explaing that indian are different from lowly creatures of other asian countries....and should be branded or bracketed together.. had i been in UK....i would have corrected each and every body who would have called me asian... Our identity is INDIAN and Not ASIAN.
100% agree. Hate the way they say british asian. We are INDIAN. Nothing to do with pakistanis and banglas etc and their loony ways. I for one always correct straight away anyone who calls me asian. I will not tolerate such a slur upon me.

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... For ppl who were not interested in this,thinking that its just a pig abusing a stuckup princess, you would be interested to know that this was officially top news in BBC,CNN and in every damn news channel all over the fking world.... Ppl,just dont see this as a single person abusing another person but rather a representation of what really happens with Britain's working class ppl and hence the outrage... This has nothing to do with shilpa but is seen as what the british public really think of outsiders,but thankfully the slag is voted out(although only 82% wanted her out) and many products that these girls endorse has been pulled off the shelves and they have been dropped from various ad contracts as well.. Well done england(the sane 82% of you)

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHILPA! I was at my in-laws house watching this final, and everyone was doing Bhangra when she won. It was surreal. My father in-law even said he would let his son marry her. Considering she's 31, and he's 23, and she's a Hindu, while he's a Sikh, that's quite credible (coming from a man who still thinks I married his daughter through an arranged marriage)...

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother...

Vile behavior that may be, but it doesn't seem racist to me ?