A reading of the points table

Holysmoke

For the semis, it's basically b/w 2 sides each from the following two groups: Group A: MI, RR, BRC and KKR. MI has qualified so one from the other 3. RR will have to win both its games as it has a poor NRR. KKR can squeeze in if BRC loses both its games and if it has a better NRR than RR. Group B: DD, DC, CSK and K11. K11 is basically out so 2 from the other 3. To filter it down: Grp A: MI + 1 from RR, BRC and KKR. Grp B: 2 from DD, DC and CSK * Ofc the equation changes if K11 and DD win both their remaining games, in which case the above groups may not work :P
With tomm's games solving the semis' puzzle, here is a quick overview to follow up on my above post: A. If CSK wins tomorrow: 1. MI 2. Winner of DD/DC game 3. CSK 4. BRC (or KKR, if it beats MI and miraculously has a higher NRR than BRC) B. If CSK loses tomorrow: 1. MI 2. Winner of DD/DC game 3. BRC 4. Loser of DD/DC game (or KKR, if it beats MI and manages to get a higher NRR)

RCB is confirmed ' date=' both DD and DC have poorer NRR then Bangalore , and when one team loses , how can their NRR get better then Bangalore.[/quote'] BRC is confirmed only if CSK loses tomorrow because there is a possibility (though highly improbable) of the following scenario: A. If CSK wins tomorrow: 1. MI 2. Winner of DD/DC game 3. CSK 4. BRC (or KKR, if it beats MI and miraculously has a higher NRR than BRC)

I want DD and DC to make the semis :(( KXIP beats CSK and Mumbai beats KKR, then that can happen..rite? Any chance of DD,DC and KKR making the semis at the expense of BRC? :winky:
For that to happen, the following have to happen: 1. The game b/w DD and DC gets rained off 2. CSK loses 3. KKR beats MI and ends up with a higher NRR than BRC OR (if CSK wins) 1. The game b/w DD and DC gets rained off 2. KKR beats MI and ends up with a higher NRR than CSK, which would have a higher NRR than BRC in that case: 1 MI 2. DD/DC 3. DD/DC 4. KKR :--D

I suspect you are getting it wrong yet again . NRR Tean RCB 0.22 DD 0.06 DC -0.42 DD automatically goes into the semis with a simple win whereas DC also go through with a simple win . Remember both are on 14 points each . Hence the loser of this game can only go further down in the NRR and they are already below RCB . So , KKR can get in only at the cost of DD/DC and that too only if CSK loses.

I suspect you are getting it wrong yet again . NRR Tean RCB 0.22 DD 0.06 DC -0.42 DD automatically goes into the semis with a simple win whereas DC also go through with a simple win . Remember both are on 14 points each . Hence the loser of this game can only go further down in the NRR and they are already below RCB . So , KKR can get in only at the cost of DD/DC and that too only if CSK loses.
Are you talking to me? I have already given a couple of scenarios in post #103, i.e. With tomm's games solving the semis' puzzle, here is a quick overview to follow up on my above post: A. If CSK wins tomorrow: 1. MI 2. Winner of DD/DC game 3. CSK 4. BRC (or KKR, if it beats MI and miraculously has a higher NRR than BRC) B. If CSK loses tomorrow: 1. MI 2. Winner of DD/DC game 3. BRC 4. Loser of DD/DC game (or KKR, if it beats MI and manages to get a higher NRR)

The only match that can get rained off at this time is the one at Dharamshala ' date=' I do not see Delhi getting rains at this time of the year.[/quote'] It's an 'If' scenario duh :band: It's hard to see DD vs DC game getting rained off so it means that having DD, DC and KKR in is highly improbable (though possible based on the scenario presented)

^^^^ but but ... but if my predictions come true that would mean 3 southie teams this year in semis .. if this trend continues it might be 4 southie teams next year and it might turn into a southie IPL :P IPL 1 = 1 southie team = CSK IPL 2 = 2 southie team = BRC and DC IPL 3 (my prediction) = 3 southie team = CSK, DC and BRC IPL 4 = 4 southie teams (after addition of Kochi) :dontknow:
IPL 2 already had 3 southie teams in semis :winky:

My predictions are MI' date=' BRC, CSK and DC for the semis[/quote']
^^^^ but but ... but if my predictions come true that would mean 3 southie teams this year in semis .. if this trend continues it might be 4 southie teams next year and it might turn into a southie IPL :P IPL 1 = 1 southie team = CSK IPL 2 = 2 southie team = BRC and DC IPL 3 (my prediction) = 3 southie team = CSK, DC and BRC IPL 4 = 4 southie teams (after addition of Kochi) :dontknow:
The predictions I made yesterday seems to be coming true .. and going by that trend it might be 4 southie teams next year in IPL and might turn into a completely southie IPL :fear: