Did Sachin Choke Again Under Pressure??

davidcooper

Dunno about that. His strategy seems to be working each and every match. MI is not looking over 200. they are targeting around 170 and its working for them
Tiwary and Pollard saved their ass in the last 5-7 overs or if the earlier batsmen would have been continuing MI would have not even made 130-140 .. the first time Tiwary was dropped down the batting order even after consistently hitting good runs around 5 matches ago I thought Sachin was just experimenting .. last match Bravo sent Tiwary up the order and again proved by being the highest run getter for MI at 46 runs .. but even after such great performances Sachin has been trying hard to neglect Tiwary and it does not look good for a youngster .. today I was really surprised to see Rayudu and Nayar instead of Tiwary after Sachin got out .. Tiwary is not a blind slogger or last minute hitter like Pollard and so it does not make sense to push him down the order .. Pollard is more than enough for the later overs .. Sachin was lucky today that Tiwary and Pollard came the rescue but he made wrong decision in the batting order .. but then Kumble repeated such mistakes by sending Kallis and Dravid to open and so it did not make much difference

Tiwary and Pollard saved their ass in the last 5-7 overs or if the earlier batsmen would have been continuing MI would have not even made 130-140 .. the first Tiwary was dropped down the batting order even after consistently hitting good runs around 5 matches ago I thought Sachin was just experimenting .. last match Bravo sent Tiwary up the order and again proved by being the highest run getter for MI at 46 runs .. but even after such great performances Sachin has been trying hard to neglect Tiwary and it does not look good for a youngster .. today I was really surprised to see Rayudu and Nayar instead of Tiwary after Sachin got out .. Tiwary is not a blind slogger or last minute hitter like Pollard and so it does not make sense to push him down the order .. Pollard is more than enough for the later overs .. Sachin was lucky today that Tiwary and Pollard came the rescue but he made wrong decision in the batting order .. but then Kumble repeated such mistakes by sending Kallis and Dravid to open and so it did not make much difference
Tujhe aur koi kaam dandha nahi hai. Itne lambe lambe paragraphs likhne baith jata hai. :hehe:

Tiwary and Pollard saved their ass in the last 5-7 overs or if the earlier batsmen would have been continuing MI would have not even made 130-140 .. the first time Tiwary was dropped down the batting order even after consistently hitting good runs around 5 matches ago I thought Sachin was just experimenting .. last match Bravo sent Tiwary up the order and again proved by being the highest run getter for MI at 46 runs .. but even after such great performances Sachin has been trying hard to neglect Tiwary and it does not look good for a youngster .. today I was really surprised to see Rayudu and Nayar instead of Tiwary after Sachin got out .. Tiwary is not a blind slogger or last minute hitter like Pollard and so it does not make sense to push him down the order .. Pollard is more than enough for the later overs .. Sachin was lucky today that Tiwary and Pollard came the rescue but he made wrong decision in the batting order .. but then Kumble repeated such mistakes by sending Kallis and Dravid to open and so it did not make much difference
The fact that Tiwary is the only player in MI squad to have played all 15 matches rubbishes your conspiracy theory. Why Sachin didn't want him to play so early up the order was because he's still a rookie and a kid, and may not be able to absorb pressure as much as an experienced guy like Nayar. The way he wilted under pressure due to sledging against RR a case in point. He looks to have learnt a lot. Today's innings will go a long way in boosting Sachin's confidence him to play under pressure and we will see him batting regularly at no.3 or 4 from now on.

The fact that Tiwary is the only player in MI squad to have played all 15 matches rubbishes your conspiracy theory. Why Sachin didn't want him to play so early up the order was because he's still a rookie and a kid, and may not be able to absorb pressure as much as an experienced guy like Nayar. The way he wilted under pressure due to sledging against RR a case in point. He looks to have learnt a lot. Today's innings will go a long way in boosting Sachin's confidence him to play under pressure and we will see him batting regularly at no.3 or 4 from now on.
I am not mentioning conspiracy theory but I am saying mishandled by Sachin and that goes without a doubt .. anyways how can you drop the best domestic player in your side Regarding rookie and a kid, I dont agree with that. At first Nayar was playing after a long time and must have been not risked ... secondly both Nayar and Tiwary have mainly domestic experience and it is just that Nayar has played 11 more first-class matches .. overall Tiwary's average in domestic cricket is also better if you are saying about that and he scored at 98.9 average last domestic season whereas Nayar did not even play if I am not incorrect Leave apart Nayar, even Rayudu was sent before Tiwary .. how is Rayudu much more experienced Most importantly if you are saying about playing under pressure then Tiwary has saved MI @ss a lot of times this year when Sachin was out in some matches .. he is the 6th highest run getter overall in IPL 3 even after dropped down the order in the later half of IPL .. he has hit 3 fifties and 18 sixes this IPL till now and hit many scores in 30-49 range too .. what more would you take from a young kid .. I agree about RR game but then if you just judge a kid from one match then it is really a crap judgment .. anybody can buckle in a single game under pressure but you cannot judge a player from only game .. he has shown cool head in most of the games In fact Tiwary has one of the best attitude amongst youngsters I have seen in IPL 3 .. Tiwary was taking 15-20 runs a over himself and was hitting sixes at will but when Pollard came he gave Pollard most of the strike and risked his own wicket several times in the last two overs .. he was selfless and running like anything and converting singles into twos to keep Pollard on strike even though he had completed his 50 and was hitting boundaries himself .. that is what you call a team player with a cool head and without attitude From the matches I have watched this IPL I can say for sure that Tiwary is not one of those players who buckled under pressure .. in fact he saved the teams several times this year and put a price tag on his wicket whenever he was given a chance at no.3 .. I could understand sending him down the order once but pulling him down the order for so many matches did not make sense at all If he was given proper chances in the later half of the tournament then he might have made it to the top 3-4 run scorers this IPL if not above .. I might even dare say that his batting this IPL has been comparable to Sachin and Kallis keeping in mind that both of them are openers whereas Tiwary came at no.3 in the first few matches and then was pushed down the order for the later half of IPL 3 .. and his strike rate has also been better than both of them He was mis-handled by Sachin for sure .. anyways hope he wins the citi under-23 player of the tournament this year :hatsoff:

Only half-wits with broken brains who were dropped on their heads when they were infants would call this a choke.. He has scored 500+ runs so far in the tournament. What matches were those runs scored in? Tinku's XI versus Dimple's XI? Were there not any pressure in those matches at all?

^ Was he your trump card for the whole tournament?:hahaha:
:secret: but on a serious note, I am saying because of his consistent performances this IPL rather than for my SS .. in the top 6 run scorers this IPL only Raina and Tiwary are not openers and rest are all openers .. but Raina consistently batted at no.3 whereas Tiwary was not given to bat at no.3 or even in no.4 for the later part of the tournament .. that itself gives an idea of how consistent Tiwary has been in his performances .. yet he is only 42 runs behind Raina and if he wanted he could have caught up near Raina or at least above Mahela if he wanted in the last two overs of MI innings today .. but he was selfless and gave Pollard the strike instead .. he had also scored 17 runs each off two consecutive overs before that and he was capable of hitting as good as Pollard .. but he ran selflessly and converted singles into twos just to give strike to Pollard .. he did not take strike even once in the last two overs and that is what you call a team spirit Mis-handled for sure without a tinge of doubt though I still believe he has done enough to bag the citi under-23 player of the tournament at least :two_thumbs_up:

Only half-wits with broken brains who were dropped on their heads when they were infants would call this a choke.. He has scored 500+ runs so far in the tournament. What matches were those runs scored in? Tinku's XI versus Dimple's XI? Were there not any pressure in those matches at all?
mashallah what a post :adore:

Agree, i don't know how n00bs wait for one failure from Goddy and pounce on it with a :fail: thread, and in the next game, they blow away, and come two-three years later when they see Sachin scoring singe digit score :headshake:

Why does just one failure by Sachin have merits enough to open a thread like this but a hundred failures by others will be looked over?????? Do you expect SRT to score more than a required no of runs every time he comes out to bat???? TOI too mentions it:

In fact, it was for the first time in 2010, that Tendulkar (9) got out to a single digit score, an unnecessary statistic gaining huge prominence only to highlight the way he's batted this year.

lyaa aa gadheda ne kon samjave ke SRT maharaj lives and breathes pressure..
Tujh samjavide ene. Satki gayu che enu :hehe:
Thar iz an insult :hitler:
Tarif kar raha hu, yede. You are the Superstar of Bollwyood. India's Tom Cruise. Om Shanti Om :cheer: