SachDan

The French Open 2010  

1. 1.

• Federer
    • Nadal
    • Murray
    • Djokovic
    • Others

16 slams ,most of it coming when Andy Roddick was the second best player ..Federer dominated a mediocre set of players for a few years . I think he was good for 6-8 slams at most , in category of Becker or Edberg ....not Sampras , Borg or even Agassi for that matter Not surprising Murray & Nadal have owned him in past few years . Arrogant , cos he often makes statements like 'I was not playing well , but am still god enuf to beat these guys' .
well i don't ever remember fed being arrogant before, he was extremely modest in earlier years and then slowly it began to seem like fake modesty now he does make absolutely arrogant statements or he probably sees that as being brutally honest. :dontknow: .

Soderling won the 2nd set 6-3 :aha:
:((:((Soderling went on to take the next 2 as well, beating Roger in 4 sets. :((:(( He thoroughly deserves the win. The way Roger was playing it would have taken more than a minor miracle to save the match. May we be heading towards a Soderling/Nadal final? It would be interesting to see how they match up this year...

Can someone explain to me how they match up the seeds? #1 vs. #5 in the QFs? Shouldn't #1 have the luxury of playing #8? I always thought it was 1 vs. 8; 2 vs. 7; 3 vs. 6; 4 vs. 5 in the quarters, and then 1 vs. 3 and 2 vs. 4 in the semis. Those French are strange. End of an amazing streak (23 straight slam semis). Coming in 2nd on that list? Lendl with 10 straight! Say what you may; that kind of consistency is most impressive.

Federer will have a match on his hands when he takes on red-hot Soderling who like Federer' date=' virtually demolished all the opponents on his way to quarters finals.[/quote']
Coming up... Federer v Soderling. Fed's first real test of the competition. Can Soderling do what he did against Rafa last year?
:hatsoff:

Poor Don S.. His Manchester ****s United lost in epl:giggle: His favorite Mumbai Indians were spanked by CSK in IPL:giggle::giggle: Now his Federer has lost in the French open:giggle::giggle::giggle: ps; He supports Italy & Argentina in football...beware Ita-Arg fans:hysterical:

Poor Don S.. His Manchester ****s United lost in epl:giggle: His favorite Mumbai Indians were spanked by CSK in IPL:giggle::giggle: Now his Federer has lost in the French open:giggle::giggle::giggle: ps; He supports Italy & Argentina in football...beware Ita-Arg fans:hysterical:
:nono:

Federer on the loss... “I really felt like my tennis was good enough to come here and do it again, but that was not the case.†“It’s more the disappointment in maybe not having delivered my very best performance today, conditions and opponents didn’t allow me to". Federer as as usual ! never ever gives complete credit to the opponent who destroyed him.