Mosque near ground zero

Clarke

Kriterion ' date=' I have been reading your mails for some time, You seem to be a reasonably guy , Let me ask you a honest question . 1.4 billion muslims in the world fail to reciprocate in the same degree as the west or India when it comes to religious freedom , tolerance etc. Also, I gather that the banner of "Islamic Republic" automatically precludes your nation state from providing the privileges of social democracy. Then pray tell me, why do muslims ***** and moan about how they are treated in western world. After all , it's a fact that they do not extend the same courtesy to non muslim subjects in their home country . Doesn't the irony escape you .. we have more mosques in New York city , then the total number of temples in the entire middle east . Will ya get over victim mentality ![/quote']I can summarize the mentality in one sentence: What is mine is mine, what is yours is negotiable.

Kriterion ' date=' I have been reading your mails for some time, You seem to be a reasonably guy , Let me ask you a honest question . 1.4 billion muslims in the world fail to reciprocate in the same degree as the west or India when it comes to religious freedom , tolerance etc. Also, I gather that the banner of "Islamic Republic" automatically precludes your nation state from providing the privileges of social democracy. Then pray tell me, why do muslims ***** and moan about how they are treated in western world. After all , it's a fact that they do not extend the same courtesy to non muslim subjects in their home country . Doesn't the irony escape you .. we have more mosques in New York city , then the total number of temples in the entire middle east . Will ya get over victim mentality ![/quote'] firstly i'm not from any nation which is an "islamic republic". as for your question, i think it is indeed unfortunate that there are no temples in the Persian Gulf, especially considering that there are no verses in the Quran barring the presence of churches, synogogues, or temples of any faith existing even in Mecca and Medina. the Quran merely states that Quraishi belligerance bars them from entering the Kaaba compound. thats as far as it goes. now, i have no problems with being victimized in an community in which i find myself a minority. minorities in all places have been treated unjustly in all times. i expect to be victimized as a minority, wrong or right. however, that does not mean that i should just sit by and accept it. its unacceptable no matter where it occurs, or against whom.

Wrong again. The Park 51 mosque is located at 45-51 and therefore contains 45-47. At least check up first before replying.
my mistake. however, there were already existing muslim prayer rooms and "mosques" at the actual WTC buildings. so having a mosque in this area is not something new thats being pushed in artificially. there had always been muslim prayer spots, and that too on ground zero proper since the 1970s. there are only 2 mosques in the lower manhattan area, and that means that without this Park51 center, muslims will have to travel all the way to midtown or uptown, or even go to Brooklyn or Queens for friday prayer services, something which is not feasible on a friday afternoon where everyone moves at a new york minute. bear in mind that while there are hundreds of mosques in brooklyn and queens, there are only a handful in manhattan.

Sigh craiglist shoudln't have closed thier adult gay section because of ppl like u :giggle:
are you trying to insult me by calling me gay? thats pretty ****ing lame, man. try harder. anyway, i see nothing wrong in supporting the construction of a gay bar next to the mosque. i think it will allow gay people and muslims to build bridges and develop an understanding with one another for the betterment of america. gay ppl are greatly misunderstood by the muslim community and there is a great need for building a gay bar in THAT particular location, to facilitate this bridge building and campaign for understanding. also, there arent enuff gay clubs in manhattan, although there are shitloads in brooklyn and queens, so there is a need to build gay club in this section of manhattan so ppl can flame each other more conveniently. gay bar will be built next to burlington coat factory soon, INSHALLAH. :pray: now let us make dua :pray:

Agree ' date=' that gay bar is essential for healing - But in the same token , those fracked up right wingers from foxnews should not be sowing the seed for the fruition of this gay bar next to the mosque. After all , the same arses will never tolerate a gay bar next to a church.[/quote'] well they can start by just tolerating gays first, let alone a gay bar anywhere. this gay bar thing next to the mosque is the most ridiculous and vicious idea that has come out of this discussion. if you preach tolerance, you need to be ok with a gay bar next to a place of worship. how dumb....what next? if a public school teaches tolerance, it needs to allow a gay bar next door?

well they can start by just tolerating gays first, let alone a gay bar anywhere. this gay bar thing next to the mosque is the most ridiculous and vicious idea that has come out of this discussion. if you preach tolerance, you need to be ok with a gay bar next to a place of worship. how dumb....what next? if a public school teaches tolerance, it needs to allow a gay bar next door?
We are talking about private property in Manhattan where their is no school zoning requirements! Just like imam has a constitutional right to build a mosque , so does any other individual to build a hooters or a gay bar. We are talking about adults here , right ?! Where does public school and gay bar come into picture ?

We are talking about private property in Manhattan where their is no school zoning requirements! Just like imam has a constitutional right to build a mosque ' date='[b']so does any other individual to build a hooters or a gay bar. We are talking about adults here , right ?! Where does public school and gay bar come into picture ?
well there are city ordinances on adult entertainment. http://www.mrsc.org/subjects/legal/adult/adult-en.aspx there is common sense in most people after all.

well there are city ordinances on adult entertainment. http://www.mrsc.org/subjects/legal/adult/adult-en.aspx there is common sense in most people after all.
Fair enough ! We can skip on Gay Bar , But surely Hooters does not fall under adult entertainment. So , I guess Hooters would be great idea for folks who visit the cultural center. After all, it's not really a mosque !:winky: They can sweat in the gym and chill with beer and wings next door.

Agree ' date=' that gay bar is essential for healing - But in the same token , those fracked up right wingers from foxnews should not be sowing the seed for the fruition of this gay bar next to the mosque. After all , the same arses will never tolerate a gay bar next to a church.[/quote']
well they can start by just tolerating gays first, let alone a gay bar anywhere. this gay bar thing next to the mosque is the most ridiculous and vicious idea that has come out of this discussion. if you preach tolerance, you need to be ok with a gay bar next to a place of worship. how dumb....what next? if a public school teaches tolerance, it needs to allow a gay bar next door?
Superb posts.

are you trying to insult me by calling me gay? thats pretty ****ing lame, man. try harder. anyway, i see nothing wrong in supporting the construction of a gay bar next to the mosque. i think it will allow gay people and muslims to build bridges and develop an understanding with one another for the betterment of america. gay ppl are greatly misunderstood by the muslim community and there is a great need for building a gay bar in THAT particular location, to facilitate this bridge building and campaign for understanding. also, there arent enuff gay clubs in manhattan, although there are shitloads in brooklyn and queens, so there is a need to build gay club in this section of manhattan so ppl can flame each other more conveniently. gay bar will be built next to burlington coat factory soon, INSHALLAH. :pray: now let us make dua :pray:
Its preety lame of u to hide the gay guy inside u so come on man be a man oppsy wait u r gay so u not man sorry :((

Its preety lame of u to hide the gay guy inside u so come on man be a man oppsy wait u r gay so u not man sorry :((
:hysterical: If i wanted to be gay, i would have converted to islam ages ago. wanna know why ? 1. i would never have to look at women. muslims despise the sight of women showing skin, which is why they cover their women in black, shapeless ninja suits and bee-keeper tents from head to toe. i guess for u guys, women are concubines and little boys are for sexual pleasure. 2. i would get a chance to bend over in front of and behind guys 5 times a day !! woohoo. 3. i would be growing a beard and looking like an ugly ass mother****er, making it easy for women to ignore me but still good enuff for likeminded [muslim] men so with those two points in mind, i'll bet money that no other community in the world has more phags than the muslim one. all the more reason to build gay bar next to mosque/community center, inshallah :pray::pray: it will give u guys a place to go talk to the ppl u bend over in front of...

what a load of ****. yoda, u are coming up some real bogus posts in this thread. i cant help but laugh at the public school analogy i dont think there is any diff. in building gay bar next to the mosque. the gay bar is gonna do the same thing the mosque-wallahs want to do - build 'bridges' and create 'understanding'. 2ndly, do u really think that a mosque preaches tolerance? if they do, they would have no probs with having gay bar next door

2ndly, do u really think that a mosque preaches tolerance? if they do, they would have no probs with having gay bar next door
Well I am talking specifically about the requirement of acceptance of a gay bar next door in order to prove that you are for tolerance. Not many places of worship would accept that, whether they preach tolerance or not, so it essentially is a meaningless statement. I am tolerant towards gays doesn't mean I need to accept a gay bar anywhere.

Red herring. A gay bar will not come under the category of adult entertainment. A gay bar is just a regular bar, except that it's oriented towards attracting gay customers. It's not a strip club or sex shop to come under the categorization of adult entertainment.

Red herring. A gay bar will not come under the category of adult entertainment. A gay bar is just a regular bar' date=' except that it's oriented towards attracting gay customers. It's not a strip club or sex shop to come under the categorization of adult entertainment.[/quote'] that was in response to "hooters and gay bar".