Football transfers thread...

Sooda

Guest Hiten.

I'm not 100% certain, but his price tag lies somewhere between 70-90 million euros + Kalou + Sturridge.

Im not sure if Arsenal needs a player like Chamakh. seems like the kind of striker who'd hold the ball up and bring others into play dosent score loads... a good aerial presence is something they lack I suppose. Plus he's free so nothing to lose A bigger requirement is just an out and out goal scorer..someone to bury the many chances they create.
Chamakh is a good signing in my opinion. He is a good aerial threat, someone Arsenal need badly.
Man City want James Milner and apparently have offered Villa 20mill plus Stephen Ireland for him. Ireland seems set to leave regardless, Im not sure why Mancini dosent fancy him he's a quality player.
Ridiculous! On any day, Ireland is better than Milner. Maybe his dressing room antics could lead to the swap but on footballing terms he is miles ahead of Milner.
Any reason for us to read this thread? :dontknow:
SAF has said that there will be one more signing. Joe Cole looks likely option as he is a free agent now. But I would like to see David Silva, he can play on either wing and he is real quality. Sign him up, Fergie!

Yoann Gourcuff is most likely to replace Cesc should the latter move to Camp Nou. Arsene could also go for Hugo Lloris if he makes a fortune(50m pounds-abouts) out of Cesc.
Yeah, Gourcuff is supposed to be a pretty good young player, certainly had a fine season not last but the one before. Plus he knows Chamakh from their Bourdeux days so there a bit of an understanding there I read Cole was off to spurs a few days ago, then yesterday I think Redknapp was in the news saying he did want him but he has reached an agreement with another club. Gotta be United really. Can see him slotting in pretty well in their midfield.

Yeah, Gourcuff is supposed to be a pretty good young player, certainly had a fine season not last but the one before. Plus he knows Chamakh from their Bourdeux days so there a bit of an understanding there I read Cole was off to spurs a few days ago, then yesterday I think Redknapp was in the news saying he did want him but he has reached an agreement with another club. Gotta be United really. Can see him slotting in pretty well in their midfield.
Arsenal have now emerged as favourites to land England midfielder Joe Cole. Reports broke yesterday of Cole’s representatives meeting with Arsenal over making the switch to north London and that a three-year contract had been signed. But it is understood that these rumours have been dismissed, with no deal done yet, with the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham showing an interest. Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is an admirer of the Chelsea playmaker- whose contract at Stamford Bridge is coming to an end- and wants to add experience to his team. Cole would be available on a free transfer. It is believed Cole wants his future to be sorted out after the World Cup to avoid any distractions. Cole struggled to regain his place in the Chelsea first team after a long lay-off from injury but was named in Fabio Capello’s final 23-man squad to fly out to South Africa. The 28-year-old would fit into Arsenal’s attacking style of play
http://blogs.bettor.com/Arsenal-emerge-as-front-runners-for-Joe-Cole-a11993 News to me.

Arsenal and Barcelona could not be further apart in their valuations of Cesc Fabregas, that's according to Graham Hunter. The Gunners have rejected a formal offer for their captain from the Catalan side, stating they 'have no interest in transferring' the midfielder. But Hunter believes that behind closed doors the North London club have placed a price on the Spain international's head. And while the two parties maybe some distance apart in reaching any sort of agreement the Spanish football expert says the La Liga champions will not give up easily. "The clubs are €50 million apart in their valuation," he told Sky Sports News. "I don't remember any transfer for a world class footballer where the clubs have started so far apart in their valuations. "Barcelona at the moment want to bid about €35 million that's their offer. It isn't anything close to what they're capable of offering, and they will go up and they will be willing to put Yaya Yaya Toure into the deal if Arsenal will accept that as well. Price "But Arsenal have said to the representatives of their captain, behind the 'we have no intention of selling and we won't be forced into selling', that the reserve price is €87 million. "This would bring Cesc Fabregas - a world class footballer, a leader at Arsenal, someone who has developed brilliantly at Highbury and the Emirates under Arsene Wenger's tutelage - within touching distance of the world record transfer fee, certainly a price which Barcelona cannot meet. "It's about negotiations, it's about horse trading, it's about getting the price down as far as Barcelona are concerned, but they will not give up on their man."
:omg: I am gobsmacked. If we can even get 60m Euros, I will be happy to let Fabregas go.

Guest Hiten.

LOL! Arsenal playing smart here by putting a tag price that Barca will never go for. Barca seldom dishes out such huge amount. This is how Bayern played when Ribbery was all set to leave Allianz Arena; having a higher price tag on him shoo'ed the buyers away and it gave a chance for Bayern admins to strike a deal with Frank. Good job Arsene! You can all talk about rebuilding and other BS, but letting Cesc go means arsenal will be behind say another 2-3 years and I think they're fans/admins have had it.

LOL! Arsenal playing smart here by putting a tag price that Barca will never go for. Barca seldom dishes out such huge amount. This is how Bayern played when Ribbery was all set to leave Allianz Arena; having a higher price tag on him shoo'ed the buyers away and it gave a chance for Bayern admins to strike a deal with Frank. Good job Arsene! You can all talk about rebuilding and other BS' date=' but letting Cesc go means arsenal will be behind say another 2-3 years and I think they're fans/admins have had it.[/quote'] Exactly and if Barca are stupid enough to go for it, Arsene is smart enough to line up a pretty close replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody un heard of gets picked up this world cup on the cheap.