Would you like to be here?

Lurker

skywalk-grand-canyon.jpg The Skywalk at Grand Canyon. It is supposed to open today(or maybe has already started as I write this. Built at a height higher than any skyscraper in the world, it has floors and walls made of glass. Would you be excited to be here? Or frighetened? Or nervous? Or all of the above. xxx

Re: Would you like to be here?

The Skywalk at Grand Canyon. It is supposed to open today(or maybe has already started as I write this. Built at a height higher than any skyscraper in the world, it has floors and walls made of glass. Would you be excited to be here? Or frighetened? Or nervous? Or all of the above. xxx
I'll be more nervous than excited not frightenned. Man, It's kind of an man made extension to the natural beauty in that area. Acutally NBC reported that it's one the last hope for the poverty stricken Indian tribes who are living in that area.

wow...... i will be excited.... will prolly check it out next month or so.... it is like 7 hours or so from my place....
Where do you live Gator? I always thought you must be from Florida...

I hate all these disruptions to nature. If you want to enjoy the Grand Canyon' date=' walk down and walk back up. This is cr@p!!![/quote'] Theres millions that just cannot do it Proff.
Millions also cant climb Everest. So whats next, a skyway to the peak of Everest? I understand your point to a certain extent but nature is best enjoyed when you are part of it. Whats more such ugliness robs nature of its beauty. But thats just me.

Re: Would you like to be here? shwetabh..... next time, u have a conference out of state, plan this year.... so u can start walking.... flying is for birds.... if u wanna be one with nature and still fly, jus jump off a cliff....

shwetabh..... next time' date=' u have a conference out of state, plan this year.... so u can start walking.... flying is for birds.... if u wanna be one with nature and still fly, jus jump off a cliff....[/quote'] gator, stop being facetious. When I travel from one place to another my purpose is to get from point A to point B most economically and comfortably. When I go to a place like Grand Canyon I just dont want to get there but soak in and enjoy the place. As for jumping off a cliff try paragliding, its fun, safe, and sexy!!

When I travel from one place to another my purpose is to get from point A to point B most economically and comfortably.
some people would wanna check out the grand canyon too, economically and comfortably....

definitely not more than the pollution' date=' them airplanes are farting out.....[/quote'] Sure pollution is a problem but it does not stick out like this ugly structure in the middle of the Grand Canyon. And ofcourse, pollution and emission standards have to be maintained. The difference is that nature has enough power to rid the ill effects of pollution as long as its below a certain level(which unfortunately its not at current emission levels) but there is no way nature can get rid of this ugly edifice on the Grand Canyon.