WC Round of 16: USA v Ghana, 26th June 2010

SachDan

What a game! Well played, USA.. But seriously, the best they could've done was probably go on to the next round. I really wouldn't see them coming out trumps against the big boys.. There are power-houses in South America and Europe, and the likes of Brazil, Argentina & Germany would certainly have killed them off in the later stages anyway!

Just curious to know why you are so "Anti-English" :P
Simple, I don't like over-rated teams. BTW I don't hate all "English" countries...Ireland is one of my favorite footballing countries.
and Pro Italy :--D
As a kid, you start to like somebody and eventually you start supporting their team, right? Maradona and Baggio were my childhood idols, later Cantona.

Simple' date=' I don't like over-rated teams. BTW I don't hate all "English" countries...Ireland is one of my favorite footballing countries. [/quote'] Your Italy is way Over rated man if "Usa" who went to the Confed Cup finals after beating Spain and "England" are Over rated teams.

Your Italy is way Over rated man if "Usa" who went to the Confed Cup finals after beating Spain and "England" are Over rated teams.
Are you blind or are you trying to make up things? Where did I say USA are over-rated? As far as England are concerned, let's talk after they have achieved something that they can brag about. All they got is '66 WC to show for, yet, every time in a big tournament they start as one of the favorites. OTOH Italy don't get rated at all. Have you ever heard anyone say Italy has got a chance? You statement "Italy is way Over rated" is so wrong.

Are you blind or are you trying to make up things? Where did I say USA are over-rated? As far as England are concerned, let's talk after they have achieved something that they can brag about. All they got is '66 WC to show for, yet, every time in a big tournament they start as one of the favorites. OTOH Italy don't get rated at all. Have you ever heard anyone say Italy has got a chance? You statement "Italy is way Over rated" is so wrong.
When everyone was supporting USA on this Thread you came up and asked why people supports English Speaking countries. Didnt you? Who says England are Rated too? Its few players like Rooney are rated. As a team no one rates England after 44 years CUP drought. OTOH, Italy are World Champions, Naturally they get rated. On what basis you rate a team? If its on the basis of International performance surely Italy would be rated more than anyone. If its on the Basis of Club performance England will be rated more than anyone. Now the question is if you are actually calling England Overrated for their club performance, you must measure them on Club stage, not on International stage. I wonder how many people consider England as favourites or even rate them after their failures for so many years if they follow football regualrly. I know you do that! So was a bit surprising coming it from you :)

When everyone was supporting USA on this Thread you came up and asked why people supports English Speaking countries. Didnt you?
Yes, I did. But how is that related to me implying US is over rated. I said "I hate over-rated teams" maybe I should have been more clear and dead panned "I hate England".
Who says England are Rated too? Its few players like Rooney are rated. As a team no one rates England after 44 years CUP drought. OTOH, Italy are World Champions, Naturally they get rated. On what basis you rate a team? If its on the basis of International performance surely Italy would be rated more than anyone.
Are you kidding? If you had followed the last three editions of the world cup, you would have seen the media go gaga as to how good the English team is. Heck, they didn't even qualify for the Euro'08 and you can see them at #3 on most of the bookies list, ahead of the Dutch and the Germans. I don't think any bookie will give such favorable odds unless they "rate" them.

Yes, I did. But how is that related to me implying US is over rated. I said "I hate over-rated teams" maybe I should have been more clear and dead panned "I hate England". Are you kidding? If you had followed the last three editions of the world cup, you would have seen the media go gaga as to how good the English team is. Heck, they didn't even qualify for the Euro'08 and you can see them at #3 on most of the bookies list, ahead of the Dutch and the Germans. I don't think any bookie will give such favorable odds unless they "rate" them.
Who is talking about Bookies here? Am talking about Football fans. Wouldnt you rate teams like Germany and Italy ahead of England? I would do anyday.