The Health and Fitness Thread

The Outsider

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread Oh and speaking of Facebook...I came across this funny music video about it yesterday...Penn Masala (Indian acapella group from UPenn) spoofing Enrique Iglesias' "Hero"

Enjoy!! :hic:

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread I have an unusually low metabolism.. :help: ... add to that low cholestrol and low blood sugar.... weird thing is, I am overweight :roll: Not always been overweight, was a black belt in Karate-Do, but stopped that after 10th grade, and thats where weight gain started :huh: And now im just lazy, especially when its cold outside.. lots of activities in summer, but when it gets cold here, i just become lazy :coffee: man, i need to get myself straight :mad:

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread UPDATE; I have now begun using this in conjunction with my daily intake of Muscle Milk; 200.jpg Body Fortress Whey - $12.99 at your local Target Good muscle repair and tastes great when drunk with milk. I use this in my post-workout shake (mixing it with milk and strawberries in the blender). 23 g of protein per 1 scoop (30 g) and it's a combo of whey concentrate and isolate. Seems to absorb fairly quickly, but i have only been using it for a few weeks now. More updates to follow.

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread

Pred does this type of stuff make you fatter as well? Is it not better to stick with 100% natural sources? Just curious.
GKD. What Predator has suggested is Whey Protein supplement. Whey is extracted from milk and is 100% natural. It is quite lean form or protein as well and so it doesnt make you fat. You should be able to take it without any apprehension. The brand that Predator has suggested is not my favorite though. xxx

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread UPDATE; I am now on a different routine for legs. I hit them harder than ever on the seated leg press - currently maxing out on 380, and capable of doing at least 5 reps with 360. My routine is cumulative in nature - i go from 360 down to 200; doing 10 reps on each weight stack (they are measured in 20's), and on the final stack (the 200) i forget the 10 rep max and go as many as i can until my legs burn-out completely. Once i have had my rest (about a minute and 30 secs) i go back on a 300 stack. I push out a half rep but instead of pulling back to complete the full rep; i hold it, take off one foot and try to control the whole weight with the solitary leg - manipulating the backward movement as slowly and carefully as i can. When that pressured leg starts to give way, i put the sedentary foot back on, push the weight back out and then repeat the movement with that leg. It will leave your thighs aching the following morning, but the next time you attempt a leg-press you will feel stronger...at least that has been my experience so far. Next time you are at the gym, give this a go.

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread Predator: While doing leg-presses keep two things in mind. 1) Your leg position. Depending on where you place them your thighs or hamstring will be hit. 2) Your back shouldnt come off the "bench". 360 is pretty decent at leg-press. Have you ever tried front-squats? And where are the pictures? :mad: :mad:

Predator: While doing leg-presses keep two things in mind. 1) Your leg position. Depending on where you place them your thighs or hamstring will be hit. 2) Your back shouldnt come off the "bench". 360 is pretty decent at leg-press. Have you ever tried front-squats? And where are the pictures? :mad: :mad:
Thanks for the tips. I haven't done squats in a while - those areas are always occupied, usually by those fat b@stards who like to spend their hour doing heavy bench presses. Will give them a go when possible. As for the pics; it's a two way street yaaro - u gotta put one or two out first, then i can feel secure enough to display a few of my own !

Thanks for the tips. I haven't done squats in a while - those areas are always occupied, usually by those fat b@stards who like to spend their hour doing heavy bench presses. Will give them a go when possible. As for the pics; it's a two way street yaaro - u gotta put one or two out first, then i can feel secure enough to display a few of my own !
Actually I was well on my course(for the pic) but seemed everyone fizzed out and so I held back. Try squats. Dont do regular squats. Do front squats. Your thighs will pop out in no time and your back will be safe. Definitely give it a go. xxxx