Is this Argentine team the best lot to have played in last 3-4 WC's?

Andy

Uruguay as new? :haha::haha: They won the very first edition of soccer worldcup in 1930 and also won the fourth edition in 1950 and they have routinely defeated powerhouses. They also have two Olympics football Gold medals, and fourteen Copa America trophies They are a very inconsistent and unpredictable team and were on decline for decades but seem better now.
50+ years ... they have done squat. When was the last time they have proceeded unbeaten to this stage of the competition? Most people that are watching this team wouldn't have even been born when the last won it.

Argentina had a very good side in 98' WC. Team comprised of the likes of Batistuta,Ortega, Crespo, Veron, Zanetti, Ayala and Almeyda. But they were eliminated in the QF thanks to one individual brilliance from Bergkamp.The score was 1-1 in the 89th minute..then this happened. What an amazing goal. One of the best goals ever in WC :adore: Uc1H2hOHu_s&feature=related :lol: @ commentary
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: was he crying??

50+ years ... they have done squat. When was the last time they have proceeded unbeaten to this stage of the competition? Most people that are watching this team wouldn't have even been born when the last won it.
Why do you need to proceed unbeaten? As long as you proceed further, thats all matters. You are right but I was stating the fact they are not new. They have made 11 worldcup appearences so far. In 1986 and 1990, they made it to second round and in 1966, they made it to quarterfinals and 1970, they ended in the semifinals.

Did you watch them play vs North Korea and Portugal?
Did you watch only those games? :giggle: Portugal, they had already qualified, so no need to kill themselves. North Koreans simply played outstanding defense. That game wasn't boring, just that initially the Korean defense was everywhere that game. If you think Brazil is boring, you shouldn't be watching football. Just a friendly advice. :icflove:

Did you watch only those games? :giggle: Portugal, they had already qualified, so no need to kill themselves. North Koreans simply played outstanding defense. That game wasn't boring, just that initially the Korean defense was everywhere that game. If you think Brazil is boring, you shouldn't be watching football. Just a friendly advice. :icflove:
:two_thumbs_up:

Yes I did watch those games. So the game vs Portugal was boring. Netherlands & Argentina didn't need to win their games either... but they played good positive football to win their final games. Brazil didn't. And in the other game.. you're telling me Brazil's poor ol strikers were troubled by the Koreans who got roundly thrashed by everyone else? Thanks for the advice.. but no thanks. I think I'll keep to mine. You don't have to agree with me. That's the beauty of having an opinion isn't it?

Why do you need to proceed unbeaten? As long as you proceed further, thats all matters. You are right but I was stating the fact they are not new. They have made 11 worldcup appearences so far. In 1986 and 1990, they made it to second round and in 1966, they made it to quarterfinals and 1970, they ended in the semifinals.
Proceeding unbeaten shows the mark of a good team that is likely to do well later. But you're right .. it doesn't mean that you will win in the knockout stages... as evidenced by Spain in many world cups of yore.

Yes I did watch those games. So the game vs Portugal was boring. Netherlands & Argentina didn't need to win their games either... but they played good positive football to win their final games. Brazil didn't. And in the other game.. you're telling me Brazil's poor ol strikers were troubled by the Koreans who got roundly thrashed by everyone else? Thanks for the advice.. but no thanks. I think I'll keep to mine. You don't have to agree with me. That's the beauty of having an opinion isn't it?
Ok, let's forward to the round of 16. Was Brazil boring there as well? :winky:

Brazil was good vs Chile. Still, they were playing a far inferior team. They had better win against them. Let's see how they perform vs better teams like the Dutch. Still. They have been boring so far. Nothing like the teams of 98, 02 or 06.

If Brazil wins their 6th world cup nobody will even give a rats ass about how they played. Dunga has developed a team where he has laid the emphasis on being clinical rather than the flair. Once the game was in the bag against Chile there was enough of the Brazilian flair on show.

If Brazil wins their 6th world cup nobody will even give a rats ass about how they played. Dunga has developed a team where he has laid the emphasis on being clinical rather than the flair. Once the game was in the bag against Chile there was enough of the Brazilian flair on show.
It makes a difference to me. Clearly it doesn't to you. What's this argument about? If you think they've played exciting football good for you! Let's agree to disagree!

It makes a difference to me. Clearly it doesn't to you. What's this argument about? If you think they've played exciting football good for you! Let's agree to disagree!
Sure, lets agre to disagree, but, what is the point in playing exciting football and not winning? Everybody likes to watch attractive football, but nobody remembers the losers. Trust me, I know the pain of watching my team play the most exciting football and yet no silverware to show:((

Sure' date=' lets agre to disagree, but, what is the point in playing exciting football and not winning? Everybody likes to watch attractive football, but nobody remembers the losers. Trust me, I know the pain of watching my team play the most exciting football and yet no silverware to show:(([/quote'] What is the point of playing badly and not even winning? :cantstop: At least if they had played well people would remember them.