BJP thumps congress in delhi mcd polls: eng media pissed

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

BJP now harps on Delhi Shining http://www.ibnlive.com/news/politics/04_2007/bjp-now-harps-on-delhi-shining-37926.html Saturday, the BJP said it will make Delhi a "world class" capital. "The party will live up to the expectations of the people of Delhi and ensure that they get a responsible and responsive government," PTI quoted BJP president Rajnath Singh as saying. nothing extra-ordiary justa usual noise by a winning party but notice the headlines chosen by this mofo sardesai on ibnlive.

Re: BJP thumps congress in delhi mcd polls: eng media pissed What do they mean by 'worldclass' capital ? I was in Delhi a few months ago - its so far from being the best of the third world capitals that it isnt funny- nevermind worldclass. Overpopulated, overpolluted, over congested, load-shedding galore, smogfest, zero traffic culture, water shortages...yeah they are gonna make Delhi worldclass....and pigs can fly.

Re: BJP thumps congress in delhi mcd polls: eng media pissed ^^ Delhi has improved beyond recognition. Pollution is extremely minimal now ever since CNG was introduced in 2000. Flyover after flyover has eased the traffic congestion remarkably. There are still delays(which city in the world does not have that) but a welcome change from 10 years ago. Overpopulation you say? That is more visible in Old Delhi and some areas in trans yamuna. Thanks to the emergence of Gurgaon and Noida, concentration of people in Delhi has lessened. It's not better than HK,Singapore etc but it's a very very livable city. :wtg:

Re: BJP thumps congress in delhi mcd polls: eng media pissed ^^ Yeah. Metro is awesome. They have maintained it beautifully so far and Delhiites have started taking a pride in their metro which has obviously helped in it's maintenance. No paan stains, no 'Raju loves Preeti' inscriptions on seats etc.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: BJP thumps congress in delhi mcd polls: eng media pissed

What do they mean by 'worldclass' capital ? I was in Delhi a few months ago - its so far from being the best of the third world capitals that it isnt funny- nevermind worldclass. Overpopulated, overpolluted, over congested, load-shedding galore, smogfest, zero traffic culture, water shortages...yeah they are gonna make Delhi worldclass....and pigs can fly.
it's million times better than communazi den of kolkata for sure

Guest dada_rocks

^^ Delhi has improved beyond recognition. Pollution is extremely minimal now ever since CNG was introduced in 2000. Flyover after flyover has eased the traffic congestion remarkably. There are still delays(which city in the world does not have that) but a welcome change from 10 years ago. Overpopulation you say? That is more visible in Old Delhi and some areas in trans yamuna. Thanks to the emergence of Gurgaon and Noida, concentration of people in Delhi has lessened. It's not better than HK,Singapore etc but it's a very very livable city. :wtg:
:wtg:

^^ Delhi has improved beyond recognition. Pollution is extremely minimal now ever since CNG was introduced in 2000. Flyover after flyover has eased the traffic congestion remarkably. There are still delays(which city in the world does not have that) but a welcome change from 10 years ago. Overpopulation you say? That is more visible in Old Delhi and some areas in trans yamuna. Thanks to the emergence of Gurgaon and Noida, concentration of people in Delhi has lessened. It's not better than HK,Singapore etc but it's a very very livable city. :wtg:
DR, have you been to Patna recently? There is such a discernible change in the last year.So much safer since Lalua went. People can walk around freely without worrying for their lives. A new Patna(on the lines of New Delhi) is being planned near Danapur.The future is looking bright there too. :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

DR, have you been to Patna recently? There is such a discernible change in the last year.So much safer since Lalua went. People can walk around freely without worrying for their lives. A new Patna(on the lines of New Delhi) is being planned near Danapur.The future is looking bright there too. :wtg:
Yes keep hearing about these advancements from folks back home but am yet to visit since Nitish kumar came. Keepign fingers crossed. never had any doubt that therewill be about-turn since laloo had hit the rock bottom. In laloo era centra govt funds used to reurn unutilised even as basic as road construction fund reason laloo could nto find any credible construction company which central govt can trust in. Laloojee never had penchant for sitting in office otoh nitish kumar is workaholic. I just hope myriad criminals which Niths kumar had to take along in order to defeat laloo don't rock the boat. :wtg:

What do they mean by 'worldclass' capital ? I was in Delhi a few months ago - its so far from being the best of the third world capitals that it isnt funny- nevermind worldclass. Overpopulated, overpolluted, over congested, load-shedding galore, smogfest, zero traffic culture, water shortages...yeah they are gonna make Delhi worldclass....and pigs can fly.
oye, last time I went to cal was the middle of summer, and there were NO power cuts. compare that to a delhi summer -- if you have actually sat through one recently, and you will be willing to turn communazi for a working pankha...and I say this as a total delhi boy.

Guest dada_rocks

oye, last time I went to cal was the middle of summer, and there were NO power cuts. compare that to a delhi summer -- if you have actually sat through one recently, and you will be willing to turn communazi for a working pankha...and I say this as a total delhi boy.
in rural areas people are starving to death ther eis no power cut load sharing even in patna these days.... power-cut is not end all be all in itself..btw i too have been in kolkata and there was no power cut in the a/c govt hostel i was residing in and i thought that's how it is till i visted on of the friend's place...... so be inforemd it depends which part u live in.. every city has that kind of zone whee power supply never stops..

All of the above may be true- i don't know, i am in no position to judge : i lived in Delhi when i was a little kid and few months ago was the first time i went by Delhi in over ten years. But having been to several capitals - both in the 'third world' or outside, all i am saying is Delhi has a very very long way to go in being the best of the third world capitals, let alone a worldclass capital.

every city has that kind of zone whee power supply never stops..
Err no it doesnt. There are several key buildings that are never cut from the grid but there are no 'all-power zones' in Kolkata. And yes, Delhi is doing a zillion times better than Kolkata- so what is your point ? Is this some sort of stupid attempt at provoking my communal pride or something ? How does Kolkata even enter the picture ? We are talking about capital cities. Thats what this thread is about. Capital is New Delhi- hence limit it to New Delhi or comparisons with other capitals.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: BJP thumps congress in delhi mcd polls: eng media pissed I am not indulging in definiton of zone now.. building conernation of building region u can define zone whatever way u want u but fact is every city has places like there power never vanishes..... and yes in response to BJp saying we will make delhi world class city.. please cognizance of the word will.. coomunazi in you went on for a tirade about delhi a moronic response given none claimed delhi si world class city.. and moronic responce begets rejoinder of similar hue..