Is it okay?

head coach

Re: Is it okay?

5. Are you a Perfectionist? Is it okay to be a Perfectionist in life?
I suppose all of us are perfectionist one way or the other. Take me for example, there are aspects of my life where I am not a perfectionist. Like tidyness of my house or making sure my clothes are not practically lying everywhere in the house. But there are aspects when I am. Like working out in gym. I tend to go for lighter weights but perfect form so as you get a feeling of blowtorch up your targetted muscle. Also try to eat right and sleep right. My point being that we all would be perfectionist in some ways it is more a case of overall perfection. Overall no I am not. I am an easy going chap who is more comfortable in his jeans and t-shirt than formals(specially suits and the likes). Is it okay to be a perfectionist? I would say NO. Simply because if one is perfectionist he starts expecting the same from others. It is like me going to someone else's house who keeps a spotless home, when she comes to my place I dont want a constant reminder or how I fall short in her books. The catch is if she didnt nag(or complain) then is she a perfectionist? I mean she would be a perfectionist who compromises her perfection at times isnt it? xxxx

Re: Is it okay? I have experienced that pain. The pain comes from the realization that we're ordinary. I dont tend to be a pefectionist but constantly try to motivate myself on producing the best and praise does come my way for all the good stuff produced which is a relief. The problem is that few of us are either omnipotent or impotent but we rather rate ourselves as ominipotent and become sad when the reality strkes at us.

I'm anything but. Way too laid-back about everything and in my book, making mistakes or failing is perfectly okay, it's the best way to learn and move forward. And I don't expect everyone else to be anything near Perfect either.

All of us are perfectionists in one are or the other, things we feel strongly about we try to accomplish without making any mistakes. Also, things that you hate to see you try to accomplish to perfection. I am anything but a perfectionist when it comes to household things. My bills are invariably late, my bedroom is invariably strewn with books and clothes, my living room is invariaby strewn with CDs and LPs. When it comes to Physics, I am a perfectionist. I like the challenge of working through problems from start to finish because I myself dont like reading half baked solutions. Moreover, I am a perfectionist when it comes to writing my work or giving seminars. Its the worst feeling to read a badly written book or research article even if its making some excellent points. Its a terrible feeling to sit through long drawn and meandering seminars, so I try my best to avoid those pitfalls. Then there are certain situations where I have to be a perfectionist even though I dont really feel very strongly towards achieving perfection there ie. Rock Climbing and Mountaineering. Generally, my life and also of a couple of others is at stake and anything short of perfection can lead to a disaster. So I have to push myself to tie each knot perfectly or rapel my partner perfectly, though at times I do get tempted to cut corners(no pun intended).

Q6) Is it better to have loved and lost OR is it better never to have loved? :chin:
I would say the former. I think it's always better to tell the other person how you feel rather than going through life thinking "What If?". Sure, there's always the possibility of rejection, but at least the other person knows.

Re: Is it okay? I know a girl whose husband died in a fighter crash 1 month after her wedding... and she was wondering whether to she would have been better off not marrying or to be thankful for the one month she got to spend with him....

Is is better to be a bit hypocritical in life to fit in with the surrounding . Or Not to be hypocritical even if it creates friction around you.
That depends on your personality Radhika. The former is easier to do, doesnt break any hearts and make you feel "loved". But the "act" is bound to fall on its face one time or the other. What do you do then? Unless of course you keep bending over backwards and keep sacrificing yourself. The latter option is tougher, can break hearts and make you come across as a ...well a bi**h. However in this approach you dont sacrifice yourself, tell things as they stand and dont care if you fell out of affection with certain people. I personally go for the latter though when it comes to my immediate family I do the first approach, not often but sometimes yes. Overall second approach works better, in my opinion, for the simple reason that when you look yourself in the mirror you can meet your eyes. If you go hypocritical it bugs you..the proper word in Hindi is "dil kachot ta hai.." Go for the latter. xxx

I would say the former. I think it's always better to tell the other person how you feel rather than going through life thinking "What If?". Sure' date=' there's always the possibility of rejection, but at least the other person knows.[/quote'] What if you have a very steady love-affair going on that doesnt culminate the way you wanted it to. The one true love-affair of your life. Would you rather have the pain of a lost love or the pleasure of ignorance? xx

Is is better to be a bit hypocritical in life to fit in with the surrounding . Or Not to be hypocritical even if it creates friction around you.
If it a short term situation...i choose the first..... If it is a long term situation I choose the second.

Didn't get it lurker... what do you mean by pleasure of ignorance? Does it mean...let it go on ....
Radhika what I mean is say you have a great fantastic love-affair with the man/woman you had always dreamt about. Say inspite of your best efforts you two do not get to spend your life together for whatever reasons. Would you much rather have the great pain to have the lost love of your life? OR Would you much rather wish that the love-affair had not happened so you could atleast go on with your life, no matter how boring, without that pain to have lost your true love? xxx

This is gonna be a thread that looks at certain things in daily life and identify whether its okay for you or not. Here goes the first one: 1. Is it okay to cheat on your spouse?
If your spouse is a decent person, who looks after you well, definately not, If she's a b1tch who couldn't care less about you, and always puts you down, you should go out of your way to make sure you cheat on her...

Didn't get it lurker... what do you mean by pleasure of ignorance? Does it mean...let it go on ....
Radhika what I mean is say you have a great fantastic love-affair with the man/woman you had always dreamt about. Say inspite of your best efforts you two do not get to spend your life together for whatever reasons. Would you much rather have the great pain to have the lost love of your life? OR Would you much rather wish that the love-affair had not happened so you could atleast go on with your life, no matter how boring, without that pain to have lost your true love? *****
I'd much much rather lose the love of my life and learn from the experience.