Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

That's it. Enough bull shyt you wrote there. Yes, Laxman is a player who deserves better but you can't talk that shyt about Dravid. He is the team man so he is the team man. FACTS ARE THERE. The dude carries his bat, gets standing ovation and doesn't even take his pads off because he learns that he has to open again. Why the phack in all this time Tendulkar or Laxman tell Dhoni/Fltech that he just came from bat, today I will take responsibility. Don't tell me this is gully cricket where they will be ignored if they say something. They are seniors, and I am sure Dhoni listens to them. I am not saying Tendulkar or Laxman have to say it. I am just trying to phack your logic about how Dravid is one of the most SELFLESS player we would ever have. FTW. and a request to you, watch the most of him you can, you will miss in coming years a gem. He's a living legend, and I don't want to imagine what will happen when he retires.
man... lets haters hate.... rahul will go on about his job and get centuries after centuries.. runs are runs when india are in trouble... if rahul had retired.. imagine what this series wudda been like... :haha:
man... lets haters hate.... rahul will go on about his job and get centuries after centuries.. runs are runs when india are in trouble... if rahul had retired.. imagine what this series wudda been like... :haha:
I do not think I am saying the team is not going to miss him if he retired. Quite the contrary, if we have not found a replacement for Dada, we will not find a replacement for the Wall for a LONG LONG time, if any at all. Legends cannot be replaced easily and same goes for SRT. But as a champion player you need to maintain your legacy and leave on top, not languishing at the bottom. SRT lost his moment after the WC and Dravid will lose now. He should concerned more about him at this stage than that Indian cricket. It is not his fault that BCCI sits on their ass and does not develop quality players.
I do not think I am saying the team is not going to miss him if he retired. Quite the contrary' date=' if we have not found a replacement for Dada, we will not find a replacement for the Wall for a LONG LONG time, if any at all. Legends cannot be replaced easily and same goes for SRT. But as a champion player you need to maintain your legacy and leave on top, not languishing at the bottom. SRT lost his moment after the WC and[b'] Dravid will lose now. He should concerned more about him at this stage than that Indian cricket. It is not his fault that BCCI sits on their ass and does not develop quality players.
sorry mate.. but I beg to differ... I think he has shown in this series, the WI series that he has found his 'lost-form' back.. and really imo age is just a number... if you look at this man's stamina and fitness.. no offense to our younger players.. its MUCH better than most of them.. he still has the desire to play... i think the moment he should retire/also Sach is when they dont have the desire to perform anymore... something that comes to mind is what MJ said when he retired.. '' I dont have the urge to go out there every night and prove my worth anymore, there for I must leave the game ''... I think for both these legends they will know when the time is right to move on.. Like Dravid knows about ODI.. as he has called his retirement.... Both are true Legends of the game.. they will retire when the time is right.. for the time being though I dont think its right for either of them (though i think the time was right for Sach to retire from the shorter formats after the WC win).... Dravid is in great form, and if Sach gets into form (which I'm sure he will) we can still have good success in the batting department in the tests comming up later this year.. as well as the test championships later on.....
BTW,another thing i cant stand about this guy is how he HOGS THE NUMBER 3 SPOT like it's his 'BAAP KA JAAGIR'. when laxman was in tremendous form over the last few years, he could have easily cashed in while batting higher up the order. but mr.dravid, perpetual owner of the number 3 spot, never bothered to demote himself down the order and kept putting the rest of the lineup under pressure with his mind-numbingly boring single digit scores TIME AND TIME AGAIN. he was demoted after 13 innings without a fifty back in 2000/01 and batted at 5. how come this never happened in the last 5 years?? sponsors objection?? bank of baroda wouldn't want their asset to be devalued i suppose. we all know where laxman likes to bat, he has never made any secret of wanting to play at number 3. poor guy, wins all these games, scores stacks of runs, but has to settle for some lower middle order spot alongside tailenders while somebody else collects his pay check after scoring 10 off 9824928 balls. what a sad state of affairs. this whole thing about dravid being a great team man is a massive myth that has been blown out of proportion. i dont know where these things originate but it sure wouldnt happen if people had a mind of their own and didnt engage in pointles hero worship.
What a dork. You, I mean. Not RD.
BTW' date='another thing i cant stand about this guy is how he HOGS THE NUMBER 3 SPOT like it's his 'BAAP KA JAAGIR'[/quote'] What a load of s**t. If there's anybody who has a 'fixed' spot in this team, it's Sachin. Dravid has more often than not had his preferred position tinkered with and still gone on to do the job. I'm a huge Dravid fan. He's my fave Indian cricketer, but I still believe it'd be best if he retired on a high. As should also be the case with Sachin and VVS.
BTW,another thing i cant stand about this guy is how he HOGS THE NUMBER 3 SPOT like it's his 'BAAP KA JAAGIR'. when laxman was in tremendous form over the last few years, he could have easily cashed in while batting higher up the order. but mr.dravid, perpetual owner of the number 3 spot, never bothered to demote himself down the order and kept putting the rest of the lineup under pressure with his mind-numbingly boring single digit scores TIME AND TIME AGAIN. he was demoted after 13 innings without a fifty back in 2000/01 and batted at 5. how come this never happened in the last 5 years?? sponsors objection?? bank of baroda wouldn't want their asset to be devalued i suppose. we all know where laxman likes to bat, he has never made any secret of wanting to play at number 3. poor guy, wins all these games, scores stacks of runs, but has to settle for some lower middle order spot alongside tailenders while somebody else collects his pay check after scoring 10 off 9824928 balls. what a sad state of affairs. this whole thing about dravid being a great team man is a massive myth that has been blown out of proportion. i dont know where these things originate but it sure wouldnt happen if people had a mind of their own and didnt engage in pointles hero worship.
It's probably gone unnoticed by you, But Dravid opened several times this series, and in this Test has done it twice, including the 2nd inns after carrying his bat in a follow-on...............