Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

But be careful: keep good form' date=' use good technique and never lose focus while lifting. At the behest of someone at the gym, my friend tried it and hurt his lower back.[/quote'] Quite true. However thats true for any of the key exercise - squats, bench press, shoulder press and deads. Between them all one can screw lower back, shoulders, pec you name it. The key is to be true to yourself and maintain a good form, like you suggested.

Quite true. However thats true for any of the key exercise - squats, bench press, shoulder press and deads. Between them all one can screw lower back, shoulders, pec you name it. The key is to be true to yourself and maintain a good form, like you suggested.
Nice to see you back Lurks and fit as ever! Hopefully you'll go to even higher levels!

Guest Gunner

Lurker saab help!! I have gained about 8 kilos of weight in the last 7 months in the UK. I think it has something to do with the food here. I am leaving the Uk shortly and I have a year's time (studying) when I will have time to focus on my fitness. Advice needed on what I can do. If you have questions about my current fitness level etc, please PM me and I will share the details. Help needed sir!

Lurker saab help!! I have gained about 8 kilos of weight in the last 7 months in the UK. I think it has something to do with the food here. I am leaving the Uk shortly and I have a year's time (studying) when I will have time to focus on my fitness. Advice needed on what I can do. If you have questions about my current fitness level etc, please PM me and I will share the details. Help needed sir!
Where are you off to?

ur beyond help. :wilted_rose:

:winky: Kya yaar khaali peeli taang kheench rahe ho. Seriously though, working out is perhaps the best investment I have made, or you can make, in life. It just puts things into perspective. You watch what you eat, you watch how much you rest, watch when you go out etc. In other words you get self-disciplined without somebody telling you to do so. And all along it is a battle with yourself. If you work hard you will get good returns. It also makes you individualistic in a very positive way. When you lie under that cold hard steel it does not matter when you are a Muslim or a Hindu or a Christian whatever, you have to freaking push it off your chest. Allah Miyaan or Bhagwan Ram is not gonna help you do that. I beleive thats perhaps the biggest takeway it has been for me, to spend a lot of time in West and not get overawed by anybody simply because of the cofidence one develops during time spent in gym. So keep lifting heavy and blowing away the stereotypes. By the by if you have not already then start doing deads, you back, hams and glutes will thank you for it. :winky:
haha thanks man.... as u said, it helped me in improving my selfconfidence a lot.. and i feel like as if I use my life or I say see my life more cuz I work out.. other than the fact that being a couch potato sucks.. and all the good stuff lately in my life(girls:giggle:) is again cuz of better personality(thanks to workout) haha.. btw here is my progress in last 3 years...not eeven half as u but getting there lol i got tanned so bad on the beach

Dude, you are going to the right place then, Switzerland. Just go hiking, biking, running in the mountains. Forget working out really. It would be very natural. Depending on your routine do a bit of jog first thing up (not sure how cold it is in Switzerland by the way). Eat right of course, keep a check on carbs and fat and beef up on protein. Thats all really. And yeah PM me if you want details mate :two_thumbs_up: