Any Mountaineers out here?

Don

Re: Any Mountaineers out here? Never really tried one but just recently I saw couple of guys doing it and I taped it on the video. I'll post that one and that truly was a dangerous climb. They had the ropes et al strapped but it looked damn scary. You will get an idea when I post the video. I'm certainly not the one that is into this kind of activity.

Re: Any Mountaineers out here?

ahhh! joshimath ' date='badrinath treks.....even auli in summers.Its like heaven. :lol:[/quote'] try valley of flowers.... 5 hour trek from joshimath to govindghat and then another three hours to the valley of flowers... try going in early june... when i was there, we skipped on auli since there was a major landslide and we had to trek from rishikesh to badrinath and that took two days and bungled our entire itinerary.

ahhh! joshimath ' date='badrinath treks.....even auli in summers.Its like heaven. :lol:[/quote'] i've been to Kas-auli a lotta times. Where's auli ?
Auli is a winter sports resort kind of place...never been there in winter...it's too cold!:hic: It's close to Joshimath. THX....i have been wanting to goto valley of flowers for ages...but i think it is open in sept-oct-nov......have never been free that time.Some day i have to see it.

ahhh! joshimath ' date='badrinath treks.....even auli in summers.Its like heaven. :lol:[/quote'] i've been to Kas-auli a lotta times. Where's auli ?
Auli is a winter sports resort kind of place...never been there in winter...it's too cold!:hic: It's close to Joshimath. THX....i have been wanting to goto valley of flowers for ages...but i think it is open in sept-oct-nov......have never been free that time.Some day i have to see it.
actually you can get a guide to take you there pretty much any time of the year... but arguably the best time is in the months you indicated. i visited it in 1997 and since then i believe it has been promoted a great deal. but i assure you, even if you visit the valley in the off season, the entire trek is well worth the experience. i have some pictures that i will post once i am done with my finals and after i figure out how to post pictures!!