Champions League 2010

King Tendulkar

As much as I like ManUtd, I have to admit (albeit grudgingly :winky:) that Barca is the best club in the world currently and will most probably win Champs League this season. ManUtd at the moment is not good enough to be called the best in the world. One of the best, yes, the best - no!! That ManUtd are top of the league right now is more a testament of how poor the standard of the English Premier League has been this season and less of how good ManUtd have been. This current ManUtd midfield with the likes of Fletcher, Gibson, Carrick, 37 year old Giggs and Scholes is probably the worst in the last few decades. Up front there's Rooney who, by the looks of it, does'nt want to stay at the club, and Berba, who at best, is still inconsistent. Defense is the only area where this team is IMO the best in the World with Ferdinand and Vidic being simply outstanding in their respective positions. Although I must say this - this ManUtd team is just 1-2 good midfielders away from being the best in the world.
Agreed, let them win the CL , they will be the best.

Yes of course you can say they are good at watching' date=' Looks good to the eyes. But calling them the best performer ignoring others would be OTT IMO.[/quote'] haha, OTT? Dude I am just watching them, I dont play for the club, nor I am involved with any of the club in any sort of managerial way, Arsenal and Barca dont pay me royalty or give me a medal, if they win something, so winning a cup or trophy would be totally irrelevant to me as a fan staying thousands of miles away. So the most important thing to me as a distant fan would be the brand of football on offer, Chelsea vs ManU and Arsenal vs Barcelona say over these games I would have to pick one to watch, would certainly go with Arsenal vs Barcelona for the simple reason that they are here to entertain and not to win only. ManU is a well rounded professional unit, set out with only one goal in mind, to WIN. Whereas teams like Arsenal and Barcelona set out to entertain and Entertainment is the only reason I watch Football.

haha' date=' OTT? Dude I am just watching them, I dont play for the club, nor I am involved with any of the club in any sort of managerial way, Arsenal and Barca dont pay me royalty or give me a medal, if they win something, so winning a cup or trophy would be totally irrelevant to me as a fan staying thousands of miles away.[/quote'] Of course you are a Gunner and by default you are expected to prefer anything that is not Manchester United.
So the most important thing to me as a distant fan would be the brand of football on offer, Chelsea vs ManU and Arsenal vs Barcelona say over these games I would have to pick one to watch, would certainly go with Arsenal vs Barcelona for the simple reason that they are here to entertain and not to win only. ManU is a well rounded professional unit, set out with only one goal in mind, to WIN. Whereas teams like Arsenal and Barcelona set out to entertain and Entertainment is the only reason I watch Football.
Lets face it, on how you play football should not be the only way of Judging a team. It should be performance oriented. If we go by performance in last few Years United and Barca are head to head. But like you said you would prefer watching Barca even if they lose than Watching United even if they win, that speaks a volume of you as a Fan who is talking about Entertainment and not peformance and skills. United < Barca when it comes to Entertainment no doubt. United + Barca when it comes to performance and that is exactly my Point.

Lets face it, on how you play football should not be the only way of Judging a team. It should be performance oriented. If we go by performance in last few Years United and Barca are head to head. But like you said you would prefer watching Barca even if they lose than Watching United even if they win, that speaks a volume of you as a Fan who is talking about Entertainment and not peformance and skills. United < Barca when it comes to Entertainment no doubt. United + Barca when it comes to performance and that is exactly my Point.
Well, fans do look for entertainment value also. Take the case of Tottenham - the club has a large number of hardcore and very, very loyal fans but the club rarely, if ever, wins anything, so the fans are there for the entertainment and in that process if the club wins some trophies then its an icing on the cake.

Of course you are a Gunner and by default you are expected to prefer anything that is not Manchester United.
That is not true, I love watching Spurs play, but would never admit it. Mind you I started out as a ManU Fan during my school days, but later switched to Arsenal for obvious reasons.
Lets face it, on how you play football should not be the only way of Judging a team. It should be performance oriented. If we go by performance in last few Years United and Barca are head to head. But like you said you would prefer watching Barca even if they lose than Watching United even if they win, that speaks a volume of you as a Fan who is talking about Entertainment and not peformance and skills. United Arey baba woh log jitey ya harey, mujhey kya, I just want to be entertained.

That is not true, I love watching Spurs play, but would never admit it. Mind you I started out as a ManU Fan during my school days, but later switched to Arsenal for obvious reasons. Arey baba woh log jitey ya harey, mujhey kya, I just want to be entertained.
Ok, I disagreed Barca to be the better team than the rest only on Performance basis :P

:D
Oh c'mon mate its not the first time they beat English teams at Home. May be i should have put it 'Barca cant beat English teams away' Its stands that way still. And trust me Barca cannot play the way they did against teams Like Chlesea and Man United. Not regularly atleast. Even if they are home. Still have the 2008 semifinal in my Mind how they struggled against United in both the legs. 2010 Semi Final against Inter. Arsenal is not a Typical English Team. Barca wont be able to stand with this kind of Football against Physical sides like Bolton, leave alone Chelsea and United.

But they beat Utd in the 09 final (minus key defensive players). That was a vastly superior Utd team to the current one, though that Barca team was better too. And Chelsea en route though that was an unfair win. How much possession would teams like Bolton or Stoke have if even Arsenal cant retain the ball vs these guys. Not much at all. They will be torn up. and would not have the quality to cause the Barca defence problems Maybe they dont beat English teams away, but English teams certainly dont seem to win much at the Nou so it dosent matter too much.

But they beat Utd in the 09 final (minus key defensive players). That was a vastly superior Utd team to the current one' date=' though that Barca team was better too. And Chelsea en route though that was an unfair win.[/quote'] Its one thing beating a team in the final and beating that team in a semifinal where you play two Legs. They couldnt score a single goal against us then. Yes they beat us in 2009 Final, But as you mentioned Barca missing key players, we missed some Key mid fielders too. They found very hard to beat Chelsea too. In 2007 Even Liv'pool beat them. This is the 2nd time Barca has got better of Arsenal which is not at all a Typical English team.
How much possession would teams like Bolton or Stoke have if even Arsenal cant retain the ball vs these guys. Not much at all. They will be torn up. and would not have the quality to cause the Barca defence problems
Not sure about the ball posession, But as i mentioned they wont be able to repeat the same success against Physically Strong, Tactical and Defensive english sides with that Kind of Football. They wont be allowed to move freely what Arsenal allowed them last night.
Maybe they dont beat English teams away' date=' but English teams certainly dont seem to win much at the Nou so it dosent matter too much.[/quote'] I have already talked about their Success against English Teams in last 4-5 Years when they had to play both Home and Away. May be the English Teams havent beaten them up at Nou Camp, but many have managed a Draw (Please Read typical English Sides). Where as Barca have hardly won much at English Venues to talk about in last few Years, Rather they have Lost few. Barca 'Currently' Look the Best above Other teams, But not Invincible, as Mourinho proved last year. Let them Face some strong Teams at Europe, We will come to know.

Best team won, we couldn't get the ball off them all night, and when we did they hustled it back of us straight away. What a joke of a sending off though, if Van Persie had stayed on the pitch we might have sneaked the tie, becuase they definatly would have tired in the last 20 minutes and would not have been able to sustain the pressure which they applied in the first 70 minutes, just like at the emirates. Van Perise also probably scores the chance Benddtner had. @ Andy you give me a good laugh a day man, please keep it up, you should become a stand up comedian - 'Barca would struglle to beat Bolton :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I don't know what pills you have been taking but I would like some

Best team won, we couldn't get the ball off them all night, and when we did they hustled it back of us straight away. What a joke of a sending off though, if Van Persie had stayed on the pitch we might have sneaked the tie, becuase they definatly would have tired in the last 20 minutes and would not have been able to sustain the pressure which they applied in the first 70 minutes, just like at the emirates. Van Perise also probably scores the chance Benddtner had. @ Andy you give me a good laugh a day man, please keep it up, you should become a stand up comedian - 'Barca would struglle to beat Bolton :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I don't know what pills you have been taking but I would like some
Yes they will, They will beat them though, But wont be as good as what they are against Sides in La Liga. Anything that is against Your Like and Your thought, doesnt become a Joke anyway. Let them do well against Physical Sides, we 'll Talk.

Talk schmalk, if United or Chelsea face Barca this year they will lose by a scoreline of worse than 4-3 over 2 legs. Guaranteed.
Oh well even i think Barca would win this year as both are playing pathetic. May be not by the margin you are talking about. We'll wait and See. Not the best United and Chelsea in Years.

Oh well even i think Barca would win this year as both are playing pathetic. May be not by the margin you are talking about. We'll wait and See. Not the best United and Chelsea in Years.
Not calling us ChelSh*t anymore? BTW Andy, have you ever been to Old Trafford to watch a game of you're beloved Man Utd? I don't quit understand the ardent following you have for Man Utd, you make yourself sound like someone who was brought up opposite old trafford.