Champions League 2010

King Tendulkar

Arsene knew it would be difficult to play an offensive game at Barca, so the alternative was to hope we remain 0-0 , 1-0 or even 1-1 till atleast 70 mins and the try hitting them when they were tired. Obviously the Sczeny sub was unplanned for and we lost an outfield sub and then the RvP episode happened. Who knows 11v11 with Barca gifting us a goal it might have been different after 70 mins. Mind you even if Bendtner had just smashed it without trying to control at the end we would have won. Arsene played a tactic which had risks invoved and unfortunately the RvP sending off meant the risk didnt pay off. All said and done at the end of the day man to man Barca were a far superior team to us both in skill as well as play act.
This.

Arsene knew it would be difficult to play an offensive game at Barca, so the alternative was to hope we remain 0-0 , 1-0 or even 1-1 till atleast 70 mins and the try hitting them when they were tired. Obviously the Sczeny sub was unplanned for and we lost an outfield sub and then the RvP episode happened. Who knows 11v11 with Barca gifting us a goal it might have been different after 70 mins. Mind you even if Bendtner had just smashed it without trying to control at the end we would have won. Arsene played a tactic which had risks invoved and unfortunately the RvP sending off meant the risk didnt pay off. All said and done at the end of the day man to man Barca were a far superior team to us both in skill as well as play act.
Would have loved to seen an open game of football, atleast would have kept me up for the entire 90 mins. I dont like the thought of a defensive Arsenal, for us attack is the only form of defense.

Would have loved to seen an open game of football' date=' atleast would have kept me up for the entire 90 mins. I dont like the thought of a defensive Arsenal, for us attack is the only form of defense.[/quote'] After watching this game I thought that Barca were good but not spectacular in this game and the scoreline at the end was more a result of Wenger's poor strategies rather than Barca's outstanding game :hmmm:

Arsenal got robbed yesterday.The Van Persie card was very harsh to say the least.But Yes Barca were the better team and has been the team to beat now for almost a decade.No team comes close to it in terms of quality.People suggesting that some English team playing physical football will be able to stop them is dreaming.Yes there will be days like when a supreme tactician like Mourinho will be able to motivate his team into doing what Inter did,but those are and will be one off days.No English team is close enough to Barca no team.All this talk of Man Utd or Chelsea being better than Barca is trash.Barca has been historically being the better team and also in the last decade they have been the better team,the decade supposedly the best for these English teams.And those who dont know i am as staunch supporter of Real Madrid as there can be one.

Arsenal got robbed yesterday.The Van Persie card was very harsh to say the least.But Yes Barca were the better team and has been the team to beat now for almost a decade.No team comes close to it in terms of quality.People suggesting that some English team playing physical football will be able to stop them is dreaming.Yes there will be days like when a supreme tactician like Mourinho will be able to motivate his team into doing what Inter did' date='but those are and will be one off days.No English team is close enough to Barca no team.All this talk of Man Utd or Chelsea being better than Barca is trash.Barca has been historically being the better team and also in the last decade they have been the better team,the decade supposedly the best for these English teams.And those who dont know i am as staunch supporter of Real Madrid as there can be one.[/quote'] What happened in 2007? Barca couldnt Beat Liv'pool and Chelshit. What happened in 2008? Barca couldnt beat Man United. Now this was when there were two legs. In 2009 They beat Chelshit , but i wont be wrong if I say They actually struggled to beat them. In that Year they met United in the Finals and Convincingly beat us. Now on Last 4-5 Years when Matches were played on Home and Away Basis, Barca struggled against Typical English Sides most Number of Times. The only team they did well against in last few years were Arsenal, Now its a Joke if some one calls them a typical English Side. (Trash in your Language) Now coming to the Argument of Being the best Team currently :- Care to explain what major they have won This year or the previous Year to be called that? If we talk about Performance Then here are some stats for the last 5 Years (Including this year) Barca have won the European Cup Once, Semifinal Once, Finalist Never. Man United have Won the European Cup once, Finalist Once, Semi Finalist Once. Now find out who have been the most Consistent at Europe on your Own. Now coming at League, I guess Both United and Barca have won the same Number of times. So United Currently being NO 1 at UEFA Co-efficient is no Trash, and is because of our consistent performance Both Home and away. Now if you think UEFA CO-efficients are Flawed you shouldnt waste anytime Posting on ICF and go and challenge Paltinis seat for the UEFA Presidents chair.

Arsenal did get robbed yesterday. But only in the same way that Barca were robbed at The emirates. All this talk about yesterdays refereeing decsions- people forget that Messi had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the first leg. These decisions even them selves out in the end. The better team won. The difference in behaviours between whinging Wenger today and Pep a few weeks ago (who had equal, if not more, reason to be aggrieved after the first leg) is stark. The match that Barca lost at Old Trafford in 08 was down to a speical goal from Scholes and then defending of the highest order from Rio and co- it was NOT because Barca were outmuscled by any means, heck they were not even out passed. That Utd side had Park, hargreaves Tevez so yes they might have been pressed and harried. Even then Barca had more of the posession. Importantly that was not the same Barca of today. Pep has drilled this side into a far more efficient unit than Rijkaard. It is easy to overlook the effort and work rate that the Barca players put in, for all their flair they really do back it up with tracking back and pressing of the highest order. This is why I really dont think the notion that they will struggle vs the so called physical sides stands. Chelsea might be physically imposing side but Ancelotti gets them playing a flowing passing style making it open for Barca too. Puyol for instance is hardly a shrinking violet to be awed by Drogbas physical presence. Inter did not beat them by being physical, in fact they beat Barca at their own game in the San Siro- working their socks off...pressing and pressing..and counter attacking with pace in Eto'o and Snejiders passing. And they had two outstanding CBs in Lucio and Samuel to hold the fort in the 2nd leg where they pretty much parked the proverbial bus. Their team was NOT a physical one. And anyway I dont quite get what you mean by the so called typical EPL side Andy. There is not really any such thing. The typical EPL side is pretty high intensity and running I guess, but not exactly physical. Even Wigan play a passing game as do Bolton under Coyle. Arsenal are atypical in the style they play, heck only Barca can compare to their style. But Utd and Chelsea are hardly physical long ball teams like Stoke, and both are different from even each other. Where SAF likes pacy wide attacking players, Ancelotti likes slick passing quality through the middle. Even at AC Milan there were no wingers of note under him, very Much Pirlo/Kaka running the show Dissapointed by the result today, Milan were the better side and deserved goal, but paid the price for not being able to bury chances. Kinda happy for Harry I guess, the man deserves it

Sooda, Just curious, do you support any team in particular? Being an United fan i want those days Back when our defending was one of the best in the world. This days we have been poor over all. I think we need to rebuild the side once again.

I am personally Surprised the way Spurs have done well, I started off watching European Cups when BPL sides used to do poorly over Europe , It was the Milan, Juventus, Barca and Madrid who used to rule. This days things have changed drastically, apart from Barca No one lookes Titles contenders, infact Juventus doesnt even play at this level anymore. Any reason for that?

Sooda, Just curious, do you support any team in particular? Being an United fan i want those days Back when our defending was one of the best in the world. This days we have been poor over all. I think we need to rebuild the side once again.
Yes I support Leicester City :P 10th in the Championship, 7 points off playofss now :wall: Uniteds first choice CB pairing is still probably the best in the world, if they were both fit theyd be comfortably top of the table and probably unbeaten too. They are missing Valencia as well I think.
I am personally Surprised the way Spurs have done well' date=' I started off watching European Cups when BPL sides used to do poorly over Europe , It was the Milan, Juventus, Barca and Madrid who used to rule. This days things have changed drastically, apart from Barca No one lookes Titles contenders, infact Juventus doesnt even play at this level anymore. Any reason for that?[/quote'] I was actually susprised by the ACM performance yesterday, expected a Spurs win. Glad it didnt happen, and thought Milan lost the tie they were very good last night. Playing Seedorf as deep lying playmaker as opposed to behind the front two made a huge difference and in hindsight it is how they should have started the first leg. Harry is a clever manager and Spurs have now got a genuinely good team, particularly going forward. At full strength they can be a threat to anyone. Van Der Vaart is the player Man U should have got. 8 Mill what a bargain. Not to mention Gallas on a free, how good was he last night. Im quite a keen follower of Italian football, and sadly they are bit behind the times in terms of Stadia and fan attitudes. The short answer is money and now the EPL has it all and Serie A is very much playing catch up. Well behind both La Liga and argaubly the Bundesliga too. Tactically too the Prem has really caught up on Serie A and La Liga. Juve have not recoevered from the Calipoli scandal when they were sent to Serie B. They did ok upon the return and played in the CL about 2 and 3 seasons ago but since then a series of Bad coaching appointments- Ranieri, Ferrara, Zacheroni have seen them really fall behind. Plus theyve made some average signings. I thought this year under manager Del Neri theyd be ok, but injuries to key players and general loss of form have seen them slip to 5th or 6th i think and CL next season too not looking likely. Again not so good in the transfer market, I mean Pepe etc are not CL class. They were in Man Citys Europa league group but didnt make it through. Inter too should have consolidated their CL win with good signings in the summer but did not, the appointment of Benitez did not help. Milan are looking encouraging, they have made good buys and Allegri, though young and inexperienced, has got them playing well. Some key players- like Pirlo and Seedorf and Gattuso are past it and need replacing and they need depth in defence. The signs from youngsters like Merkel and astute buys like Emanuelson is good. next season Cassano will be eligible too, he can be dangerous. I hope Bayern can build on their good run last year, but dont think theyve been playing quite so well. Plus aside from Barca there is always Real and Mourinho going to be a threat for that CL crown

Yes I support Leicester City :P 10th in the Championship, 7 points off playofss now :wall: Uniteds first choice CB pairing is still probably the best in the world, if they were both fit theyd be comfortably top of the table and probably unbeaten too. They are missing Valencia as well I think. I was actually susprised by the ACM performance yesterday, expected a Spurs win. Glad it didnt happen, and thought Milan lost the tie they were very good last night. Playing Seedorf as deep lying playmaker as opposed to behind the front two made a huge difference and in hindsight it is how they should have started the first leg. Harry is a clever manager and Spurs have now got a genuinely good team, particularly going forward. At full strength they can be a threat to anyone. Van Der Vaart is the player Man U should have got. 8 Mill what a bargain. Not to mention Gallas on a free, how good was he last night. Im quite a keen follower of Italian football, and sadly they are bit behind the times in terms of Stadia and fan attitudes. The short answer is money and now the EPL has it all and Serie A is very much playing catch up. Well behind both La Liga and argaubly the Bundesliga too. Tactically too the Prem has really caught up on Serie A and La Liga. Juve have not recoevered from the Calipoli scandal when they were sent to Serie B. They did ok upon the return and played in the CL about 2 and 3 seasons ago but since then a series of Bad coaching appointments- Ranieri, Ferrara, Zacheroni have seen them really fall behind. Plus theyve made some average signings. I thought this year under manager Del Neri theyd be ok, but injuries to key players and general loss of form have seen them slip to 5th or 6th i think and CL next season too not looking likely. Again not so good in the transfer market, I mean Pepe etc are not CL class. They were in Man Citys Europa league group but didnt make it through. Inter too should have consolidated their CL win with good signings in the summer but did not, the appointment of Benitez did not help. Milan are looking encouraging, they have made good buys and Allegri, though young and inexperienced, has got them playing well. Some key players- like Pirlo and Seedorf and Gattuso are past it and need replacing and they need depth in defence. The signs from youngsters like Merkel and astute buys like Emanuelson is good. next season Cassano will be eligible too, he can be dangerous. I hope Bayern can build on their good run last year, but dont think theyve been playing quite so well. Plus aside from Barca there is always Real and Mourinho going to be a threat for that CL crown
Good Post, whats your Take on United? Top of the table but nowhere near our Best. Where do we lack acc. to you?

Stop crying al queda gooners. YOU ARE OUT AND WERE PATHETIC. I mean not even one shot:hysterical: SPURS march on to quarters. ARE YOU WATCHING ARSENAL:yay:
Enjoy it while it lasts, because this is going to be your first and last season in the CL. We have been doing this for 13 years in a row, come back to me when you are in at least your 4th or 5th CL :winky: There is no chance you are going to win it, and Chelsea will beat you in the race for 4th.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because this is going to be your first and last season in the CL. We have been doing this for 13 years in a row, come back to me when you are in at least your 4th or 5th CL :winky: There is no chance you are going to win it, and Chelsea will beat you in the race for 4th.
Listen al queda emirates arsenal ( your team is built on madrassa money)!!!! I am enjoying it whie it lasts. WE ARE IN TO NEXT ROUND:yay: And its not about qualifying for champs league, I know we will never qualify again. But who cares!!!! WE ARE IN TO NEXT ROUND:finger: Who have arsenal got in quarter finals???:hysterical::hysterical: I mean not even to muster a shot against barca:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Pathetic. Even if one of your losers had a 50 yard shot that spooned out to nearly hit the corner flag that would have counted as a shot in the stats. Yet you could not even manage that:hysterical: And then you hear the mullah gooners claiming they were robbed led by the fatwa issued by Sheik Wenger!!!

Now coming at League, I guess Both United and Barca have won the same Number of times. So United Currently being NO 1 at UEFA Co-efficient is no Trash, and is because of our consistent performance Both Home and away. Now if you think UEFA CO-efficients are Flawed you shouldnt waste anytime Posting on ICF and go and challenge Paltinis seat for the UEFA Presidents chair.
I think the FIFA coefiicient takes into account performances of the last few years and on that basis you could say that United have been consistent and are therefore at the top of these ranking BUT if you see the current state of thing then Barca are much better than any and every side in club football - and that is a FACT.