Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

Team England arrives :aha:
Yup, a part of their contingent has arrived, but they're staying at hotels and not the "Village" :giggle: Meanwhile:
'India shouldn't have been awarded CWG' Press Trust of India, Updated: Fri, Sep 24, 2010 10:42 IST Melbourne: Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) President John Coates on Friday said India should never have been awarded the hosting rights of the Commonwealth Games given the shoddy preparations that have marred the build-up to the October 3 to 14 event. "In hindsight, no, they shouldn't have been awarded the Games," Coates said. Delhi is racing against time to be ready for the Games after several missed deadlines and allegations of inefficiency and corruption against the organisers severely dented its image as an international sporting venue. Coates said the Commonwealth Games Federation could have been more actively involved in the preparations. "The problem is the Commonwealth Games Federation is under-resourced. It doesn't have the ability to monitor the progress of cities in the way the Olympic Committee does," he said. Coates said had the International Olympic Committee been involved, the work would have been monitored better. "If that had been the case here in Delhi, then certainly something would have been done a lot sooner because obviously the venues are not ready," he said. "You can't ever cut any slack when your focus should be on the best conditions for the athletes," he added. But Coates refused to say whether participating nations should pull out of the Games, which are already short of star power after several high-profile withdrawals such as Usain Bolt, Chris Hoy and Asafa Powell. "I'm certainly not going to be drawn into making a commentary on whether Australia and other countries should pull out from this part of the world," he said. Read more at: http://cwg.ndtv.com/commonwealth/article/id/spoen20100154275/type/latest/India-shouldnt-have-been-awarded-CWG-54399.html?cp

Yup, a part of their contingent has arrived, but they're staying at hotels and not the "Village" :giggle:
Haaan touu ! Theyre shifting na monday ko.. The entire contingent consists of 55o members (?) so monday ko they all shift to the village :two_thumbs_up:

Sirf yehi din dekhna reh gaya tha .. haramzadon ne beizzati kura di .. Its in every news program and everybody is talking about it in Australia. We are now an officially failed 3rd word country where people poop anywhere they feel like .. a country where bridges fall even before consutruction finishes... Thanks CWG team :finger:

They maybe able to make the village "livable" but they cant have a bridge constructed in a week :((
Sure, but Finnel and Hooper will change their stand soon. They also haven't been too bright with handling of this issue. The PM now has refused to meet them and they can't afford to lose CWG. It ll not be beijing, but it ll be something. As much as I hate Kalmadi, I sense a vendetta here.

Sure' date=' but Finnel and Hooper will change their stand soon. They also haven't been too bright with handling of this issue. The PM now has refused to meet them and they can't afford to lose CWG. It ll not be beijing, but it ll be something. As much as I hate Kalmadi, I sense a vendetta here.[/quote'] BS. Stop this paki attempts at deflecting blame and conspiarcy theories. Hooper has been on kalmadis back for over a year in terms of warnings to him and was spot on as not finished in time. Hooper has done a top job and has been very brave in standing up to kalmadi and doing everyting he can to get his **** in to gear to get games done on time. Hooper has had no option to go to media as only way to get these lazy twats to do anything through media presuure

Ravi Singh..You know one fact? CWG Federation never deputes it's official (has never done so before Delhi CWG, AFAIK) years ahead to monitor the preparation of the games. In Delhi's case, they had deputed Hooper for years now. This is not the norm. Once they award the Games hosting, it's the Govt. and the stake holders reponsibility to get everything right. Still they deputed a top official to monitor the preparations. Kalmadi was never happy about Hooper deputation and they had number of fights throughout. Kalmadi even wanted to throw Hooper out. Remember that incident in which Hooper was not even allowed to enter the OC office and he just stationed himself outside? Even after so much of opposition he still has tried to do a good job. If the Govt. (ministers and Cabinet secretaries) have failed after 'taking over', what influence Hooper has to get things going? He recently admitted to go to the media (about games village being filthy) and the subsequent embarrassment got the things going. The stupid PM MMS can now refuse th meet the CWGF officials because his pathetic Govt. has been EXPOSED. So nothing new there. The good news is that things are looking much better now. Thanks to the EXPOSE and the recent unfortunate incidents like the overbridge crashing down, some soggy and pathetic butts got kicked to get them going and do some productive work against a deadline.

BS. Stop this paki attempts at deflecting blame and conspiarcy theories. Hooper has been on kalmadis back for over a year in terms of warnings to him and was spot on as not finished in time. Hooper has done a top job and has been very brave in standing up to kalmadi and doing everyting he can to get his **** in to gear to get games done on time. Hooper has had no option to go to media as only way to get these lazy twats to do anything through media presuure
You can firstly start of by stopping your racist rants against fellow Indians. Or you should not put up that avataar (tendulkar), the burden of which a numnut like you won't be able to carry. That is exactly the point of doubt for me. Should he have gone to the media immidiately or should he have gone to the ministry and given a deadline after which he would go to the media. I have criticized CWG and Kalmadi as much as anyone on other boards. But that does not vindicate Finnel's response. I don't have as much against Hooper, since he seems more sincere than other.

You can firstly start of by stopping your racist rants against fellow Indians. Or you should not put up that avataar ( tendulkar ), the burden of which a numnut like you won't be able to carry. That is exactly the point of doubt for me. Should he have gone to the media immidiately or should he have gone to the ministry and given a deadline after which he would go to the media. I have criticized CWG and Kalmadi as much as anyone on other boards. But that does not vindicate Finnel's response. I don't have as much against Hooper, since he seems more sincere than others.

Ravi Singh..You know one fact? CWG Federation never deputes it's official (has never done so before Delhi CWG, AFAIK) years ahead to monitor the preparation of the games. In Delhi's case, they had deputed Hooper for years now. This is not the norm. Once they award the Games hosting, it's the Govt. and the stake holders reponsibility to get everything right. Still they deputed a top official to monitor the preparations. Kalmadi was never happy about Hooper deputation and they had number of fights throughout. Kalmadi even wanted to throw Hooper out. Remember that incident in which Hooper was not even allowed to enter the OC office and he just stationed himself outside? Even after so much of opposition he still has tried to do a good job. If the Govt. (ministers and Cabinet secretaries) have failed after 'taking over', what influence Hooper has to get things going? He recently admitted to go to the media (about games village being filthy) and the subsequent embarrassment got the things going. The stupid PM MMS can now refuse th meet the CWGF officials because his pathetic Govt. has been EXPOSED. So nothing new there. The good news is that things are looking much better now. Thanks to the EXPOSE and the recent unfortunate incidents like the overbridge crashing down, some soggy and pathetic butts got kicked to get them going and do some productive work against a deadline.
Its a fair point

Ravi Singh..Now you would claim that should those foriegn team members (who took those embarrassing filthy photos) have gone to the the Games officials before posting them on internet? You would ask that "should those visting teams waited for the cleaners to come before they themselves cleaned their rooms or got private cleaners to clean their rooms"?

Ravi Singh..Now you would claim that should those foriegn team members (who took those embarrassing filthy photos) have gone to the the Games officials before posting them on internet? You would ask that "should those visting teams waited for the cleaners to come before they themselves cleaned their rooms or got private cleaners to clean their rooms"?
I leave "claims" for likes of you. I raised "doubts" about how the situation could have been handled better.

I leave "claims" for likes of you. I raised "doubts" about how the situation could have been handled better.
Handled better by whom? Have you seen those photos of filth in the rooms. You tell me if you had been in-charge, how you would've "handled it"? Would you reason with those who have take those embarrassing photographs to kindly delete them or not circulate them? or maybe you could've got some goons to prevent them taking the photographs... Or do you expect Fennel and Hooper to come as cleaners to clean up the filth?

What I'm trying to say that even if Hooper or Fennel kept quite, the filth and mess would've been EXPOSED by the visiting teams themselves (and they did so). Would you then blame the visiting teams of being 'insensitive to Indians' and 'conspiring to defame Indians'? I mean WTF? Can't they get a supervisor to check the accommodation before sending the guests in? How much it takes?

Handled better by whom? Have you seen those photos of filth in the rooms. You tell me if you had been in-charge' date= how you would've "handled it"? Would you reason with those who have take those embarrassing photographs to kindly delete them or not circulate them? or maybe you could've got some goons to prevent them taking the photographs... Or do you expect Fennel and Hooper to come as cleaners to clean up the filth?
Unnecessary exaggerations to make a very simple point. Only the bolded part would have sufficed. A threat of a pull out to the ministry would have been enough. Present the report and the photos to ministry i.e. Jaipal Reddy and Sports minister, give them a deadline before disclosing it to the media in press conference. I don't believe media pressure means much. Media has been on their case for last 3 months. Did anything change ? It is the "threat of pullout" that has got the govt. going. Ofcourse, if you present one piece of reasonable argument/evidence/fact, that why the above the option was inconcievable then I ll accept it

Unnecessary exaggerations to make a very simple point. Only the bolded part would have sufficed. A threat of a pull out to the ministry would have been enough. Present the report and the photos to ministry i.e. Jaipal Reddy and Sports minister, give them a deadline before disclosing it to the media in press conference. I don't believe media pressure means much. Media has been on their case for last 3 months. Did anything change ? It is the "threat of pullout" that has got the govt. going. Ofcourse, if you present one piece of reasonable argument/evidence/fact, that why the above the option was inconcievable then I ll accept it
No idea what your point is. Hooper and co saw the mess and exposed it to get things sorted. No use blaming johhny forrigner. Its INDIAS games and our responsiblity. They probably gave hundreds of warnings in private and have given quite a few in public. Look were it go them in this mess. They should be screaming from the roof tops to sort this out and righlty are. Hooper has been very brave in standing up to Indian incompetence and demanding the highest of standards. Its a Kalmadi and co did not approach it with same zest as Hooper