Mayawathi Won

talksport

Re: Mayawathi Won It is a classic case of picking the best amongst the worst(cant beleive Mayavati comes out as the best!). Great to see Mulayam Singh getting a kick in his nuts. Made a mess of state, had an indifferent state machinery that did nothing when children were being killed at Nithari. Now it blows all in his face, as also Amar Singh and Amitabh Bacchan. Great to see BJP getting a kick in the nuts too. They have almost taken UP for granted and keep on harping the same old anti-Muslim routine, as witnessed by the CD fiasco. Now they are relegated to IIIrd place in a state that has been their stronghold. Hopefully this will make them go back and do their homework now. Great to see Congress bite the dust again. So much so for Rahul Gandhi uplifting the fortunes of a sinking Congress! Cant beleive Mayavati won by almost a majority(200 out of 403 seats or so) but it is selection by elimination as I see it. xxxx

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Mayawathi Won Maywati's cornoation was a formality the day she dropped tilak tarazu talwaar lingo. This time brahmins which is sizable population and mind you 55% of them are below poverty line so economically speaking constituency of Maywati voted for her in mass. Corruption has stopped remaing a poll issue hence those Taj Corridor episode nhardly matters. You have to give this lady for being in my opinion first woman to be elected on her own. Nobody even talks about Kanshi ram in her party anymore unlike other female political bigwigs except Mamat banerjee she doesn' need crutch of some male figure's name,be it Jayalatiha (still harps on MGR) or Indira gandhi herself they all were dependent on some male politicians legacy and used to use their names whenver found convenient. BJP is more or less finsihed in UP less said abotu congress the better they have touched new low in terms of vote share media's fixation with rahul the moron gandhi's road-show notwithstanding.

Re: Mayawathi Won

Any Lucknowites out there
Yeah. Am reasonably okay with the election results. All parties have been screwing UP forever specially over the last couple of decades. Good to see a rotation policy in implementation and better with an absolute majority.

Re: Mayawathi Won Every Party in UP has tried to extracted as much as they can during their stay whether its BSP or SP or Congress. After spending nearly 18 years in UP, I was kinda happy when my city was merged with Uttranchal inspite of large hue and cry. Atleast there are no prolonged power cuts. But sad that Mayawati will start again

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Mayawathi Won In UP BJP lost election due to nakal-adhyadesh. During Kalyan Singh years (10th, 12th exam was so tight that it resulted into around 12% success rate for examinees.) People didn't like it and in the next election Mulayam fought on the basis of abolition of that legislation which he did after coming in power. I wonder why we wonder over through corruption of political scene in our country . We all are cheats and deserve what we get.

Re: Mayawathi Won Stable govt in UP ?? u gotto be kidding. She has 208 seats in the 412 member house. Expect frantic horse trading attempts by either side to sway the result one way or the other. Congree -- 21 seats.. so much for Rahul Gandhi's charm...

Re: Mayawathi Won it is 402 seat house... so yes stable govt at least for a while is likely... And maybe she may pull a Laloo and Surprise everyone and actually deliver GOOD government. The one thing I liked about her approach is that she was pragmatic...not tied to one thinking... when she consolidated the Dalit vote...she reached out to the upper caste and Brahmin vote... and pulled them over to her side...that is a HUGE thing... BJP could learn lots of lessons on how to EXPAND their appeal from her... I said this long ago...will say it again...the BJP should make Dalit Uplift and anti-casteism their central theme...

I said this long ago...will say it again...the BJP should make Dalit Uplift and anti-casteism their central theme...
This won't happen. A considerable source of BJP vote is the most conservative element in hindu society. These people are still casteist to this day ( anyone who thinks casteism is a 'rural village problem in remote areas only' is living a delusional life. Caste is still everywhere in India) and they are NOT happy with Dalit movements, especially when some areas of india have higher castes in disadvantaged position by the lower castes. BJP is not going to risk losing their votes. Only way BJP is going to run on that platform is if its a slogan raised by Congress and Congress isnt losing out bigtime.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Mayawathi Won Poliical posturing adide but the kind of is done for tribal uplitment dalit upiftment but BJp affiliated organziation is unparaaleled in indian setting . for vanvasi kalyan to dollar a day schools all are run by BJP affiliates in far-flung areas where noone ventures...... So to think BJP si catsiest u have to be a comumnazi delusinal moron, which cc is.

So to think BJP si catsiest u have to be a comumnazi delusinal moron, which cc is.
Learn to read before you shoot off your mouth. I said a significant chunk of BJP vote comes from very conservative hindus..who happen to be casteists. BJP isnt going to upset its votebank anymore than Congress is by making secular laws for Muslims. They may always do charity issues and stuff because its good for PR but dont ever expect BJP to run on a casteless platform. They will lose far more votes than they will gain by taking caste out of their equation. As per delusional fool, i see that me systematically dismembering your ignorant protestations in the global warming thread and educating you about Bengali history has raised some insecurity issues. Oh well.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Mayawathi Won U are BSing as usual without knowing jilch.. ur psec masters have complained for follwing things which BJp did and di with aplomb (1) demand for prieset across caste lines only criterion being knowledge. (2) tarun vijaay routinely writes about the same in RSS moth-piece (3) tribal kumbh organized in gujrata where tribals from all oer Inia participated Ur political insight is still stuck in 70's as of today dalit+brahmin means resounding victory for maywati so any insinuation that somehow socalled upper castes will desert whoever talks about caste-less society is BS as usual........ Do u want me to list the stalwarts of BJP who come from anything but upper caste.. I have been member of RSS since my school days and all along I nevef ound single top leader in muzaffarpur chapter of upper caste and the tallest of theleader used to be mallah bhagwan lala sahin. bloody anyone and everyone used to touch his feet... stop spewing bs about things u have nary a clue..

somehow socalled upper castes will desert whoever talks about caste-less society is BS as usual........
The upper-caste who vote FOR BJP because BJP is about preserving hindu traditions ( by extension, maintain caste system) would desert BJP if BJP went the congress/mayawati way in this issue. That is all i am saying and its fairly easy to follow

Guest dada_rocks

somehow socalled upper castes will desert whoever talks about caste-less society is BS as usual........
The upper-caste who vote FOR BJP because BJP is about preserving hindu traditions ( by extension, maintain caste system) would desert BJP if BJP went the congress/mayawati way in this issue. That is all i am saying and its fairly easy to follow
do u have any thign to support that garbage ...u know jilch..I have told u what comes out of rss mouth-piece whihc is diagonally opposite to the fart u are posting ... u know that's what happens when nutcase sitting in canada who have never been to any rss meeting never ineracted with any of them starts pontificating in what rss is.. u know $hit about rss so do urself a favour and shut up ..

Guest dada_rocks

Yeah BJP is so much in favour of caste equality and thats probably why BJP has voted in favour of each and every reservation bill and law till date.
No party opposes reservation in India everytime it gets passed by what they call "dhwani-mat" Anyway this is where one needs some grey cells to understand the dynamics of politics in india. No freaking party I repeat no freaking party can afford to oppose reservation doing so will be a political suicide........ .. If u want to judge where some party stand on reservation look at how many of these moronic legislation they have brought in parliament when they were in power. Given the intellectual bankrupcy of political class in general first thing they think about is reseration politics and if some party despite being in rule for close to 6 years never opened that can of worm called reservation then for anyone who cud think; stand of that party apropos reservation should be clear as a day........