Countries you have visited/lived

EnterTheVoid

Totally agree Akshay. You don`t understand the value of money if you are sponging off money others worked their **** off to earn.
And on the other hand we have people like this: One of my friend earns very well for his age ~150K, and his potential in-laws family has acres of land (proper zameendaar type.)...and they were against his proposal because he does not have any parental land-property.. and logic of girl's mother is - in bad times only land-property comes to rescue.... and I was like :wall:, it takes only one retard in the family (blood related or in-law) and couple of years to erase all that property, bank-balance $h.it.

LOL at the dumbass in laws Akshay. One of my friends did the mistake of taking his girlfriend to Singapore with him. She stripped the poor guys credit card of all its worth. When I told him I was coming to Singapore, he goes, You are not bringing any female friends with you on this trip, right? :laugh:

You do not need 100K job' date=' just a large (& stupid) heart :).. Also, I [b']never bothered about building bank balance/ bangla/ better-gaadi.., always spent on electronics, gifts, family, travel, health/gym, and general ayyaashi.....I am the typical example of "hatheli mein chhed"...would have been crorepati easily by now, had I invested on right time.., but would have missed on so much fun - and yes you can always have best of both - if you plan well. If you are in college, then don't be jealous of stories in this thread.... you have time on your side.., even if you start with 60K job, that is more than you need to keep traveling at least 1 international destination each year, and yet not affect bank balance significantly.
Seems like I am into everything you are not. :nervous: I have a very good paying internship/co-op right now which lets me work as many hours as I want while going to school at the same time (no more than 40 of course, I average about 27-28 hours a week while being a full time engineering student and full time ICF'er :D). I already got a job offer in September with the company which I accepted earlier in October (It's awesome to have a "pakki job" 8 months before graduation, especially in this economy). Is it possible to build all that plus travel? maybe I need a job that requires me to travel :--D I am really into having my own business one day and if that happens, I might have enough money and time to travel the world which I really want to do. I am pursuing engineering b/c my parents wanted me to, in fact I wanted to be a business major all along.

I would never ask my parents to pay for my overseas trips. You work, you earn the money yourself and you go exploring the world on your own. Thats where real satisfaction comes from, not from sponging off mum and dad.
how much does one of these trips cost? are you on a break?

Seems like I am into everything you are not. :nervous: I have a very good paying internship/co-op right now which lets me work as many hours as I want while going to school at the same time (no more than 40 of course, I average about 27-28 hours a week while being a full time engineering student and full time ICF'er :D). I already got a job offer in September with the company which I accepted earlier in October (It's awesome to have a "pakki job" 8 months before graduation, especially in this economy). Is it possible to build all that plus travel? maybe I need a job that requires me to travel :--D I am really into having my own business one day and if that happens, I might have enough money and time to travel the world which I really want to do. I am pursuing engineering b/c my parents wanted me to, in fact I wanted to be a business major all along.
As I said - it should be fairly easy to manage at least 1 international trip (solo) per year, even with 60K salary w/o affecting bank balance significantly...if you are not ayyyyassh kind.. :) As for how to do it - write down your yearly goals/target and consciously work towards them... - would be best if you can find someone near you who you look upto and has achieved what all you plan to.., keep an open eye and you will find...

^^^ Sree, How was Tokyo dude? Heard a lot abt it from my mate who lives in Osaka. Anyone enquired abt Rajnikanth :--D?
Tokyo is effing awesome, its as good as people say it is. Will be here for a week before flying off to Bangkok, Thailand and than to Sydney, Australia to follow the India - Australia test series.

I would never ask my parents to pay for my overseas trips. You work, you earn the money yourself and you go exploring the world on your own. Thats where real satisfaction comes from, not from sponging off mum and dad.
Sree, you do realize that a person can be financially independent and yet travel on his/her parents' $$$. Intra family dynamics/money sharing may not the same in India and the West. Keep that in mind. Anyways, lets keep this thread is about traveling, traveling paraphernalia and experiences. :((
^^^ Sree, How was Tokyo dude? Heard a lot abt it from my mate who lives in Osaka. Anyone enquired abt Rajnikanth :--D?
This is for you :--D [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ytUOoa1SBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ytUOoa1SBE[/ame] Some years ago, a Japanese guy ( his father was in the consulate in Mumbai) was a part of my dance class. Great dancer too. He showed me the ^^ video. Apparently, Rajni is a BIG in Japan. He was disappointed when I told him that I hadn't seen the original Tamil and so wasn't in any position to comment. I later saw the original Iruvan vid on youtube, and this dude in the video has mimicked Rajni pretty well. :cantstop: