What is Dhoni's contribution to the team?

nballa

And where exactly did I call you a basher or something even remotely as close as as that?
No you didn't address me as such but I can very confidently tell that you probably approached me as one...of course you can argue how I can read your mind. Let me put it this way, the arguments you made to counter my arguments give me enough reason to believe that you were not understanding my fundamental perspective rather you viewed me as someone who is not appreciative of Dhoni (basher is the wrong word I agree). Whether I am right or wrong only your conscience knows.
you know whats annoying, well not annoying, rather off-putting? Getting to hear some player called by the names goddy, baasu, buddha etc etc. lol. Quite embarassing for rest of the fans in front of rest of the world.
Actually 'Buddha' has nothing to do with Godliness at all. In fact the Buddhism philosophy of Sanatana Dharma itself has nothing to do with God. It is an atheistic philosophy within the Sanatana Dharma way of life. A Buddha is simply a living being who has reached the pinnacle of spiritual experience...in other words he or she has become one with the universe. This is quite beautifully captured by another Santana Dharma Buddha by name Adi Shankaracharya who invented the Advaitya philosophy of Sanatana Dharma, when he expressed upon reaching the summit of the Himalayas, Ahim Brahmasmin! - meaning I and the Universe are One. To me there is no other batsman in Test cricket who has given me the pleasure of halting space, time, karma, and everything else while watching him bat. And that's why he is the Batting Buddha in my eyes. Hope that clarifies the reference to Buddha here.
Actually 'Buddha' has nothing to do with Godliness at all. In fact the Buddhism philosophy of Sanatana Dharma itself has nothing to do with God. It is an atheistic philosophy within the Sanatana Dharma way of life. A Buddha is simply a living being who has reached the pinnacle of spiritual experience...in other words he or she has become one with the universe. This is quite beautifully captured by another Santana Dharma Buddha by name Adi Shankaracharya who invented the Advaitya philosophy of Sanatana Dharma, when he expressed upon reaching the summit of the Himalayas, Ahim Brahmasmin! - meaning I and the Universe are One. To me there is no other batsman in Test cricket who has given me the pleasure of halting space, time, karma, and everything else while watching him bat. And that's why he is the Batting Buddha in my eyes. Hope that clarifies the reference to Buddha here.
Nice to hear your reply mate. I wouldnt call anyone buddha who hasnt attained the what you yourself called the pinnacle of spiritual experience. The one who has realized his true self which Sachin hasnt. IMO, you could call sachin 'batting buddha' or 'batting God' for your happiness but not God, baasu, buddha or any other term used for God.
Nice to hear your reply mate. I wouldnt call anyone buddha who hasnt attained the what you yourself called the pinnacle of spiritual experience. The one who has realized his true self which Sachin hasnt. IMO, you could call sachin 'batting buddha' or 'batting God' for your happiness but not God, baasu, buddha or any other term used for God.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
To restate, 'buddha' does not mean god. Me calling Sachin a Buddha does not mean I am calling him God. He is just as much a god as me or you. Read my previous post once again to understand the meaning of the word buddha. A Buddha is one who has become one with the Universe. To me Sachin is the most perfect batsman ever. And hence he is a Buddha in the context of Batting. A Buddha is a Buddha whether you think Buddha is God (which is incorrect) or not. I'll leave my point here. If it is that you need to have the last word, please feel free and go for gold. I just hope you have understood the meaning of the word Buddha.
To restate, 'buddha' does not mean god. Me calling Sachin a Buddha does not mean I am calling him God. He is just as much a god as me or you. Read my previous post once again to understand the meaning of the word buddha. A Buddha is one who has become one with the Universe. To me Sachin is the most perfect batsman ever. And hence he is a Buddha in the context of Batting. A Buddha is a Buddha whether you think Buddha is God (which is incorrect) or not. I'll leave my point here. If it is that you need to have the last word, please feel free and go for gold. I just hope you have understood the meaning of the word Buddha.
The person who has attained his true self = God => Fact That is why people worship Buddha , SaiBaba, Mahavir Jain. To you, the meaning may be different to justify you calling sachin by the name buddha.
The person who has attained his true self = God => Fact That is why people worship Buddha , SaiBaba, Mahavir Jain. To you, the meaning may be different to justify you calling sachin by the name buddha.
Just a clarification. I don't think you understand Buddhism philosophy. In Buddhism they don't worship anyone...they don't believe in the existence of God itself! Buddhism is an atheistic philosophy. Buddha is not a particular individual only...anybody who gets to the ahim bramhasmin stage is called a Buddha. Buddhists do not worship Buddha...he is just a teacher for them unlike how Krishna is considered to be God by Vaishnavites or by Brahminism. If you think I have understood Buddhism wrongly then please feel free to go and seek counsel from a Buddhist monk and he/she will clarify the meaning of Buddha...what or who is a Buddha. Gautama was another Buddha...he is not the Buddha. Anyone can become a Buddha. In fact there is no the Buddha.