KKR IPL King Khan's Thread

Watson87

Ya wish. :giggle: That doesnt mean squat. In a short season the NRR is just as important.
So how come 'If we do better' finish at the Mid table Sherlock? This is the most intelligent ting i have ever heard. Oh wait, arent you the one who jumps up and down at the sight of Ravindra Jadeja?:winky:

So how come 'If we do better' finish at the Mid table Sherlock? This is the most intelligent ting i have ever heard. Oh wait, arent you the one who jumps up and down at the sight of Ravindra Jadeja?:winky:
There wont be much improvement imo. Im just merely predicting, while you are bandwagoning likes theres no tomorrow. Remember only one team wins its all at the end. :winky:

Your posts are contradictory. We missed out on RR and that is 'slightly'. If we have a slight improvement we should reach the semis. Either we should reach the semis or we do not have any improvement. May be you cant stand anything related to Kolkata, and am inclined to say this following your pattern of posts over a year. :giggle:

Kolkata Knight Riders name Gambhir captain for IPL 4

KOLKATA: India batsman Gautam Gambhir was on Monday named captain of Kolkata Knight Riders team for the Indian Premier League season four starting next month. Announcing Gambhir's appointment as KKR captain, the IPL team described him a thorough professional and praised his leadership qualities. "We are delighted that Gautam Gambhir will be leading our team. He is a thorough professional and his performance and leadership qualities speak for themselves," KKR CEO & MD Venky Mysore said in a KKR release. Gambhir said he was looking forward to leading the team in IPL 4. "It's a pleasure and an honour to lead the KKR team. I believe that the KKR management has put together a terrific team. I am looking forward to the season and feel very optimistic," said Gambhir, who was Delhi Daredevils captain last season. He was bought by KKR for a record-breaking $2.4 million (Rs 11.04 crore) in the IPL auction held in Bangalore in January. Along with Gambhir, six members of the KKR squad are currently playing in the World Cup. They are Yusuf Pathan, Jacques Kallis, Brett Lee, Brad Haddin, Ryan ten Doeschate and Shakib al Hasan.
Link

In the first game against CSK, with 9 to get from 8 delivers with 3-4 wickets...and the game was KKR's to lose in the end really. IMO, a much stronger team from previous years. With guys like Kallis, Pathan, Gambhir, Morgan and Tiwary, they are going to put up a stronger fight this year. I don't think the KKR think tank strategy of trying to separate Kallis/Gambhir in the first game was a good one. Gauti should bat at #3 at the latest. If any changes, Sreevats Goswami can come in for Bisla and open the innings though Bisla didn't do that badly and has done well in the past. And probably a pacer for Ladda in the bowling department.

In the first game against CSK, with 9 to get from 8 delivers with 3-4 wickets...and the game was KKR's to lose in the end really. IMO, a much stronger team from previous years. With guys like Kallis, Pathan, Gambhir, Morgan and Tiwary, they are going to put up a stronger fight this year. I don't think the KKR think tank strategy of trying to separate Kallis/Gambhir in the first game. Gauti should bat at #3 at the latest. If any changes, Sreevats Goswami can come in for Bisla and open the innings though Bisla didn't do that badly and has done well in the past. And probably a pacer for Ladda in the bowling department.
Rajat Bhatiya is of no use. Tiwary had a brain fart. if he had not been that ambitious and tried to hit Randiv for 6 on the last ball, KKR could have won it.

Gauti must open the innings and they should also consider dropping Kallis when Bret lee is back
They can play both Kallis and Lee in the same team, as they fielded only 3 foreign players today. Ideal foreign player combination would be Kallis, Morgan, Shakib and Lee

Gauti must open the innings and they should also consider dropping Kallis when Bret lee is back
Lee should be included, but not at the expense of Kallis Lee can bowl, Kallis can bat, bowl and field really well He has experience and a cool head which Lee seems to lack I'd replace Unadkat with Lee, more experience, more aggresion, more pace

They can play both Kallis and Lee in the same team, as they fielded only 3 foreign players today. Ideal foreign player combination would be Kallis, Morgan, Shakib and Lee
++ They are one franchisee which has the least worries in foreign players selection as they have hardly bought many. :giggle: For turning tracks they should go for Shakib and in case he fails consistently they should not forget about Ten if needed. Rest need to sort out their batting order and they look like a potent side too. The lineup should be as such: Gauti Kallis Tiwary/Pathan Pathan/Tiwary Morgan Shakib Bisla Abdulla Bhatia Lee Balaji/Unadkat Pathan and Tiwary can be interchanged as per the situation. If the openers carry on for 11+ overs or so then they can send in Pathan to keep the hitting on and in case they lose the opener quickly and need to stabilize then they should send Tiwary to stabilize.