The Deccan Chargers (Hyderabad ) Thread

Kalia_Test

No thread for DC I noticed...not many Hyderabadis here I guess...Anyway, I am starting this thread...Calling all DC fans here and show solidarity :nervous: But the team chosen (so far) has been pathetic :(( TEAM Batsmen: Kevin Pietersen ($650,000), Cameron White ($1.1m), JP Duminy ($300,000), Shikhar Dhawan ($300,000), Michael Lumb ($85,000) Bowlers: Ishant Sharma ($450,000), Dale Steyn ($1.2m), Pragyan Ojha ($500,000), Amit Mishra ($300,000), Manpreet Gony ($290,000), Chris Lynn ($20,000), Rusty Theron ($85,000) Allrounders: Dan Christian ($900,000) Wicketkeepers: Kumar Sangakkara ($700,000) Biggest mistake is to let Rohit and Symo go...they were the key reasons for success in IPL2 and reasonable show in IPL 3...Both can bat, bowl and field well in this format...and worse news is that we lost T.Suman also to MI...so 3 gun players go from DC to MI... No news yet about uncapped players signed by DC but going by the other teams' news, all good guys like Rayudu,Suman, Pandey,Rahane,etc are taken...so DC messed up big time by not bidding for Indian batsmen even though they had the money.... Team look... Bowling (which was the weak area in previous editions) looks to be strengthened...Spinners have had most success in IPL and in Ojha (one of the best in IPL) and Mishra, spin attack is good...Steyn will add pace and chance for picking up big Opp wickets upfront...One of Ishant or Gony will complete the attack along with allrounder (?)... Minus - All bowlers are rabbits with the bat so the tail is long Batting would have been very good if DC had bid for 2 or 3 more Indian players (miss Rohit for sure)...we even lost Venugopal who did OK for DC...Now the onus is on Sanga,White,Dhawan,Christian(?),Pieterson,Duminy to do the job...need to see which Indian batsmen DC pick from uncapped players since we can't play more than 4 foreigners and we have Indian bowlers anyway Sanga will most likely be captain but it might go to White as well.... Likely starting X1 Sanga (C and WK) Shikar Dhawan Cameroon White Indian batsman (??) Indian batsman (??) Indian batsman (??) Christian (Allrounder) Steyn Ojha Ishant/Gony/Mishra Ishant/Gony/Mishra Another option is to rest Steyn for some matches with Indian bowler and get a foreign batsman (Pieterson or Duminy who can bowl) - All depends on quality of Indian batsmen.Ravi Teja and Mohnish Misra (I could not see their name in other franchisee teams so I hope they remain with DC) would be good as they have experience in IPL... Overall....the look of the team has changed completely with only Ojha the common factor till now... In the first edition, we had the strongest team on paper (with Gilly,Gibbs,Symo,Rohit,Afridi,Styris,etc) and ended with wooden spoon...so I would not go by relative weak team on paper now....It all depends on how the team gels...and a small matter of winning a match at home

What a pathetic batting lineup!!,, This is the problem with the 4-intl. players limit.. Now DC has to field some unknown local batsman and the entire maza will be lost with DC losing first 3 wickets.. Anyway wrong selection of team there.. wonder whether a thinking ever existed behind the bidding stuff.

At least we have one of the strongest bowling lineups in the league :aha: Before we had phasst bowlers like Vaas, RP singh :giggle: We will play 3 international batsmen and one bowler(steyn) to cover for the weak batting. Sanga, White and Duminy/Pietersen/Lumb

Agree absolutely...no thinking whatsoever....DC should have retained Gilly,Symo and Rohit atleast....Wonder where they will shove the extra money they retained...heck, we culd have got Ganguly at the end of auction when we culd see that we dont have Indian batsmen...

Gilly would have been awesome captaincy material, but his batting is gone :(( Symo still hast it and should been poached but we wont miss him. Rohit is who we will miss the most, he used to carry us a lot, no idea why we didnt go after him.

1. Dhawan 2. Sangakarra/Lumb 3. Indian domestic batsmen :nervous: 4. Indian domestic batsmen :banghead: 5. White/Pietersen 6. Christian/Duminy 7. Steyn/Theron/ Lynn 8. Ohja 9. Ishant 10. Gony/Mishra 11. Indian domestic bowler :hysterical:

WTF??I still don't understand this IPL rule with domestic players. I thought teams can pick at least four players from their catchment area then how come Suman got snatched away from DC. Can someone please explain these freaking rules? Btw, why mumbai is getting all good players and becoming too strong (though they will fail to win IPL). DC is going to get hammered and I'll be greatly surprised if they don't come last in IPL 4. What a mess!!!