The horse I backed - VRV Singh.

gator

This is what I am talking about. Note the pace involved in both the dismissals and how he can change things in a couple of balls... VRV Singh struck twice in two balls. Petersen was beaten for pace and trapped in front, while Morne van Wyk was hustled into chopping one onto the stumps, via the pads.

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. read what the skipper, Lax had to say about our bowlers.... "All the bowlers impressed, but there was a special mention for VRV Singh, who returned figures of 5 for 76 in his first game in South Africa. "He bowled amazingly well," said Laxman. "He was the quickest of the lot, and showed lots of energy and enthusiasm.""

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. exactly Rahul...... our guys go out of the way in backing a batter like Raina inspite of his numerous failures, but immediately throw away a 140+, 6'2 tall hostile flast bowler cos he had a crappy debut.... would like to remind people of hadlee and kapil's debuts...

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. I would still wait for him to perform in test cricket. No doubt he has done well in domestic cricket otherwise he wouldn't be in the squad. The tour games and domestic games do not have as much pressure as in an international game.

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. He couldn't even run, was knocking off the bails routinely on the non-striker's end and looked like a total joker against WI. Looks like that was debut jitters as he has really bowled well since. He will be a sure pick for the first test and we will see what happens there, but let's not stretch and try to go towards Kapil and Hadlee for now.

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. Let's just put it this way - India aren't exactly blessed with seamers who are 6'2 and bowl consistently at 140 kmph. The ingredients are there. I've seen him get waist-high bounce out of flat pitches before.. He just needs some guidance and direction - the right people around him to harness his talent, and he could become a useful bowler in the future. India doesn't have another bowler like him, so he should be persisted with.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. Even RP singh presumably used to make steve waugh hop in nets .. ther is sthg wrong with the commentary in media viz a viz reporting pace of new fast bowlers. They tend to exaggerate it

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. DR man.... u got to have trust.... i have seen him bowl at the eurasia cup and in the challengers and he was very different from his debut... he was the fastest in the abu dhabi and paki pacers looked like trundlers like pathan compared to him... thts y, paadhshah is confused here.... i will bet, he will bowl as fast as ntini in the test series, ball for ball....

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. Comments on gator's pony...

http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/rsavind/content/current/story/272074.html Even with Munaf Patel looking increasingly unlikely to play in Johannesburg, there are few such worries about the bowling. Sreesanth bowled good outswing at lively pace, while Zaheer Khan was simply outstanding. The delivery that nipped back sharply to castle Jean Paul Duminy in the second inning was perhaps the best of the match, but to an extent, even he was eclipsed by VRV Singh, the wild-card pick who had divided opinion when he was called up for the Tests. For as long as most of us can remember, Indians have been at the receiving end when it comes to raw pace. Now, they have someone who can dish it out. Chappell, who had been anxious to have him in the touring party, came into the press box on Saturday afternoon and spoke of how excited some of the seniors had been. "Sachin said at lunch time [on Friday] that he had really enjoyed watching from slip, and that he felt VRV had touched around the 145kmph mark," said Chappell. "They were standing so far back at slip."
OK, i reckon i'll jump on the bandwagon too. Play him in the first test.

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh.

DR man.... u got to have trust.... i have seen him bowl at the eurasia cup and in the challengers and he was very different from his debut... he was the fastest in the abu dhabi and pakistani pacers looked like trundlers like pathan compared to him... thts y' date= paadhshah is confused here.... i will bet, he will bowl as fast as ntini in the test series, ball for ball....
You are extremely childish, resorting to name calling when you haven't got a good response. VRV was nothing more than a mediocre medium pacer every time i have seen him bowl. If he's improved fair play but you are seriously deluded if you think he was quick or even Fast-medium when he bowled in the Caribbean.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. Don't get me wrong I would be the happiest if there is some merit in the claim. This guy is built like a bull is tall and since sachin has confirmed so i have no room for doubt on the count that he is even fast so it does make sense in that case to stick with, him line/length thing can be taught. Good thing is he doesn't do any dope either :wtg:

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh.

DR man.... u got to have trust.... i have seen him bowl at the eurasia cup and in the challengers and he was very different from his debut... he was the fastest in the abu dhabi and pakistani pacers looked like trundlers like pathan compared to him... thts y' date= paadhshah is confused here.... i will bet, he will bowl as fast as ntini in the test series, ball for ball....
You are extremely childish, resorting to name calling when you haven't got a good response. VRV was nothing more than a mediocre medium pacer every time i have seen him bowl. If he's improved fair play but you are seriously deluded if you think he was quick or even Fast-medium when he bowled in the Caribbean.
did u watch him in the challengers and Eurasia cup where ur team played too?

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. Anyone remember Balaji's debut...he was murdered by Gayle and Hinds..looked totally out of order... I feel VRV was too nervous...he is better batsman too...they way he batted, just showed how nervous or overwhelmed he was to represent India.. I hope his nerves are now settled...

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. Here is an excerpt about my horse, from Greggie's latest interview.... "VRV Singh ... you look at the bald statistics of his record and it's not something to get excited about. But I look at some of the young players that I've been involved with in the past - as a selector and captain of Australian teams ... VRV Singh is as good a cricketer as Craig McDermott was when he came into the Australian team, he's as good a cricketer as Merv Hughes was when he came in, he's as good a cricketer as Carl Rackemann was when he came into the Australian cricket team. Nobody walks in and takes the world by storm, if they do they have a setback somewhere on the way. VRV Singh played a role in us winning a Test series in the West Indies, he played a role in us winning a Test for the first time ever in South Africa. He's a bowler who has the potential to be a multi-centurion wicket-taker in Test cricketer."