The horse I backed - VRV Singh.

gator

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. I don't know Gator but I don't back VRV after having seen his single dimension bowling in SA. When taken apart he seems to even struggle to do anything but short of good length bowling. If the length balls are fed in ODIs towards the death it will be cannon fodder. I'm not convinced about his ability as yet.

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh. Ravi.... u forgot the way, he was tirelessly charging in and bowling 140+, ,even in his 7th or 8th over of tht spell in SA.... and he bowls a heavy ball and get good bounce.... it was unfortunate, catches were dropped off his bowling.... even Bishop felt, he has a great future.... i dont know, everytime i have seen him bowl, i saw tremendous talent in him.... he is very different from any bowler to come out of India...

Re: The horse I backed - VRV Singh.

Let's just put it this way - India aren't exactly blessed with seamers who are 6'2 and bowl consistently at 140 kmph. The ingredients are there. I've seen him get waist-high bounce out of flat pitches before.. He just needs some guidance and direction - the right people around him to harness his talent' date=' and he could become a useful bowler in the future. India doesn't have another bowler like him, so he should be persisted with.[/quote'] VRV Singh is 6'5'' BTW.

Ravi.... u forgot the way, he was tirelessly charging in and bowling 140+, ,even in his 7th or 8th over of tht spell in SA.... and he bowls a heavy ball and get good bounce.... it was unfortunate, catches were dropped off his bowling.... even Bishop felt, he has a great future.... i dont know, everytime i have seen him bowl, i saw tremendous talent in him.... he is very different from any bowler to come out of India...
Sorry gator, but just bowling at 140+ is not enough. You must use your brain too which VRV never does. He has the ingredients to be a good bowler but certainly not in ODI because he is terrible in fielding and batting...more like Munaf but milesssssss behind him in bowling skills.

Sorry gator, but just bowling at 140+ is not enough. You must use your brain too which VRV never does. He has the ingredients to be a good bowler but certainly not in ODI because he is terrible in fielding and batting...more like Munaf but milesssssss behind him in bowling skills.
hmm.... poor observation..... VRV is the most promising with the bat among sreesanth, munaf, himself and RP..... he is 22 yrs old.... hardly played 4 tests... and has alredy got rave reviews from his coach, ian bishop, graeme smith and co.... mate, if u could use brains alone to get wickets, all of us professionals will be playing.... dont expect him to take 5'fers in his first 5 matches..... unfortunately, he has not been given a consistent opening run like PAthan or Balaji got in the aussie or pak tour..... he is better than both...

Time to bump this thread.... I hope VRV gets his chance tomorrow on the greenish bangalore pitch.... Dhonds, u ready?? :tounge_smile:

http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/rsav...ry/272074.html Even with Munaf Patel looking increasingly unlikely to play in Johannesburg, there are few such worries about the bowling. Sreesanth bowled good outswing at lively pace, while Zaheer Khan was simply outstanding. The delivery that nipped back sharply to castle Jean Paul Duminy in the second inning was perhaps the best of the match, but to an extent, even he was eclipsed by VRV Singh, the wild-card pick who had divided opinion when he was called up for the Tests. For as long as most of us can remember, Indians have been at the receiving end when it comes to raw pace. Now, they have someone who can dish it out. Chappell, who had been anxious to have him in the touring party, came into the press box on Saturday afternoon and spoke of how excited some of the seniors had been. "Sachin said at lunch time [on Friday] that he had really enjoyed watching from slip, and that he felt VRV had touched around the 145kmph mark," said Chappell. "They were standing so far back at slip."
Gats ... I admire your acumen in such matters ... but Iam afraid you might have gotten it wrong this time .... ofcourse i will be happy if proven wrong by your "horse" :wink_smile:
I dont know his current form and fitness at the moment.... but if he is anything like, how he was in tht series, he should make a nice impact... he took a 7'fer recently, but looking at the number of runs leaked, i am hoping, it was jus some rust and he is warming up nicely....
One thing for sure - We get a much better and entertaining bat @ #11 compared to Munaf :haha:. Of course bowling too VRV is more entertaining knocking of the stumps at his own end
Desichap, tht is one of his plus points, u know.... it is rare and difficult for fast bowlers to get really close to the stumps.... it increases their potency by a good 20%...

However sharp VRV looks he never quite looked like a wicket taking bowler in South Africa. Unless he has the skill to swing or has variety his pace or bounce will not be of much use. From what I saw of him during the SA tour he struggled to bowl with the old ball too. The ball will get old pretty quickly and it'll be quite a task to extract good bounce consistently. VRV could end up a disaster in this test match but lest from what I've read the curator has promised a good bouncy wicket. I hope that's true.