Video : Azhar's brilliance - Sharjah 1999

King

This one features one of the better hundreds scored by Azhar. This has highlights of Indian batting against Sri Lanka in 1999. Azhar dazzled the crowd with top class timing and some lusty hitting. A very close game which India went on to win in the end thanks to some late middle order batting flourish by Jadeja, Robin Singh and Agarkar. Unfortunately the last couple of overs are missing from the file but still is an excellent watch for any Indian cricket fan and truly a treat to watch. Go to downloads, current and then download the video.

Re: Video : Azhar's brilliance - Sharjah 1999 good job, but then just have suggestion for u, instead of creating multiple threads about video beinb posted, why dont u create a single thread and keep updating that by placing the name of the video which u added.. i mean are we having any competition of creating threads?? dont take it wrong way...

Re: Video : Azhar's brilliance - Sharjah 1999 No worries but can't agree with ya. It doesn't matter whether we have different threads or not. How does it matter anyways? The threads are created to get an attention to something and in this case they are created becase these need attention. I do not see anything wrong in having more threads. I see you tried keeping the 1st ODI in a single thread and I sense you dont like seeing too many threads but we work differently mate :wtg: We believe in making threads for those things that deserve attention.

Re: Video : Azhar's brilliance - Sharjah 1999 No worries, thanks for the suggestion. If you see the other thread with Ganguly's 100 the conversation has just centered around that topic and the stuff in that video. That is one of the reason we have different thread for each video. People relating to this video discuss about the player in the video or the game and that makes it quite organized for others to get involved in the discussion.

Re: Video : Azhar's brilliance - Sharjah 1999 Just watched it. Fantastic video. Say what you will about Azharuddin's knock, but Agarkar won India the match with his short cameo towards the end. The required run rate was about 9 per over, and he walked in, hit two sixes and a four and finished it. Some incredible batting under pressure. His batting really has deteriorated compared to what it was like back in those days.

Re: Video : Azhar's brilliance - Sharjah 1999 Thanks, Ravi. Haven't got a chance to view the videos yet but looking forward to watching some vintage stuff. BTW, do you or anyone else have the 200+ Azhar-Jadeja partnership when India were chasing 300+ and fell short by a couple of runs. Both scored hundreds and played some breathtaking cricket from a precarious situation. They came together at 50 odd for 4 IIRC.

Re: Video : Azhar's brilliance - Sharjah 1999 great video - pity the finish wasnt on. if i remember, agarkar got us home with some timely swipes. shwetabh, i too would like to get a hold of that partnership. it is regrettably, one of the few times in my life, in my household, that the tv was switched off as the match was left for dead. besides i think we were having a party at home and my childish screaming at the tv screen was not being taken to as endearing exactly. the heart-breaking scorecard: http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1997-98/IND_IN_SL/IND_SL_ODI1_17AUG1997.html they played murali brilliantly and forced ranatunga to come on and have a bowl!