Ipl Vs Worldcup !!

don_corleone840

WC = The world watches it! We are talking a super hit in 150+ countries around the globe IPL = A lot of Indians watch it + barely anyone in other countries pay to watch it WC wins the race by far
150 countries more likely 10. I think in terms of audience, not a huge difference between both

World cup is going to be crap till it gets to the quarter finals. Apart from the home team games' date=' there will probably be emtpy stadiums galore and rubbish atmosphere.[/quote'] ^^ this how many indian people will watch non indian matches? talking about 7h of tv. thats a total waste. watching tv for 7h for one sporting event is sometimes simply too much. group matches are a waste, its only at the knock out stage were things get interesting. thats why i like basketball, football (the game which is actually played with the feet) and 20-20 cricket.

IPL is 3 hrs. T20 is 3hrs. People can tolerate watching even Essex v Middlesex in a T20 game. But not even the so called "lovers of the longer formats" will watch a Kenya-Pakistan or games or the likes. Its really simple to sit at your home and criticize this and that format and call a million people who watch T20s stupid. I think its better to be honest than be a hypocrite, for the so-called lovers of longer formats don't exclude themselves from watching IPL or keeping T20 loyalties, but are the first ones to come take a leak on the format.

^^Exactly, Too many times there are fans who talk about real cricket being test cricket, but their only reason is because some cricketers are saying the same thing. I mean surely these cricket players can have their reasons as they are the only ones who play it rather than most who are just sitting and watching. And these players are likely to change, as first younger and upcoming youngsters prefer t20s and it is just because that people are used to tests to t20s that they want tests to continue. If t20s started before test cricket, pretty sure cricketers would be saying t20 t20 t20.