World's Fastest Bowler Competition - 1979

Gaurav

Re: World's Fastest Bowler Competition - 1979 The current ones I'm sure may add about 5 k extra. I think the caliberation was way different those days to the ones we have now. The ICC from what I know have not set standards for speed guns around the world. Also the same company is not used everywhere. I know Pakistan uses a different one to say NZ. We have a speed gun in our Wellington Academy and have to say it is not too generous in giving out speed whereas the ones in SA could have been caliberated +/- 10 instead of +/- 5. I know Brett Lee's agency raised their doubts when Shoaib Akthar was declared to have bowled at over 160 k. The ICC of course disowned that statement and said they were not considering it official.

Re: World's Fastest Bowler Competition - 1979 Superb link there... I had seen all these guys bowling with the exception of Garth LeRoux... One more in my kitty of bowling actions seen... btw, one thing about the speeds to remember is that IIRC the speeds were measured for the whole length of the pitch... versus release speed as it is measured nowadays... If you notice the shorter the ball the slower the speed...in that video...but if you measure release speed short balls should be just as, or more quick than full lenght ones as you put more effort into it...