Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

@msb i think if a genuine pacer is comfortable with action he can bowl as quick as he can..This action fo his may not look rhythmic but this is a corrected action at mrf to prevent the injuries
The quickest bowlers in the history of the game have all had better actions than Aaron. I'm not making a value judgement, it is through pure observation that perhaps with the exception of Wayne Daniel, all the genuine quick bowlers throughout history that I've seen have had truly more powerful, efficient actions than Aaron does.
I disagree. Subjective judgements about action aside' date=' you must have observed that Dinda sometimes bowls at 140kph in the IPL and sometimes at 130kph. Depends on the state of his body, the rhythm he is in, etc. Aaron will never bowl at 156kph, mark my words. Currently, he has timed just one ball above 150kph and whether due to speed gun error or mere 'everything clicking', it was an anomaly.[/quote'] to me it does not matter whether he clocks 150 k more times or not..Important thing is if he can bowl 142--147 K range consistently and is accurate that is good enough for any pacer...I actually do not want him to try to bowl too quick and get injured because we already have scarcity of options in pace department who can bowl at good velocity... I would ask him to not put much pressure on him in try and clocking the 155 or 160K that Ishant also had said would like to touch and does not even touch 140 now... He would know himself at what speeds he can bowl and if he has it in him to bowl at 155k to put a bit more effort without getting its effect on his body, he will bowl it anyway
I disagree. Subjective judgements about action aside' date=' you must have observed that Dinda sometimes bowls at 140kph in the IPL and sometimes at 130kph. Depends on the state of his body, the rhythm he is in, etc. Aaron will never bowl at 156kph, mark my words. Currently, he has timed just one ball above 150kph and whether due to speed gun error or mere 'everything clicking', it was an anomaly.[/quote'] you seem totally adamant about it. so sure that even aaron would not dare to cross 155 even if he wants to. bUt if he does would you ACCEPT your judgement about actions is POOR. ???
The quickest bowlers in the history of the game have all had better actions than Aaron. I'm not making a value judgement' date=' it is through pure observation that perhaps with the exception of Wayne Daniel, all the genuine quick bowlers throughout history that I've seen have had truly more powerful, efficient actions than Aaron does.[/quote'] you are right, but generating good pace is not just about action, a bowler must have those fast twitch muscle too in the body to create that..otherwise a bowler can have any action which is powerful, rhythmic, he won't be able to bowl quick if he does not have that.. Have you seen David Johnson, he had a powerful action, he still bowled 130 or less. Aaron has only one problem when he runs he does not move his left hand much..otherwise he runs well..pretty much like Patrick Patterson one of the quickest bowler in 80s check Patterson's videos in Youtube...Aaron looks pretty much like a panther when he runs in his run and his delivery completion is very good...
rankings are based on performance not who plays the most. Its an objective analysys which shatters your flawed assumprions. I know it is hard for you guys to face it but our pacers are better then yours and more efeective. Razzak is as slow as it gets, hilarious you mention his cannon fodder bowling. And riaz has done what exactly:hysterical: And Gul is awful test match bowler!!! Paks have very poor pace attack now they have excluded druggies, oap chuckers and players who play for bribes!! Gul, riaz and razzack is an attack of paucity
if there was a way to measure PENETRATION of bowling, india would be below than most of the test playing nations, believe me. and by the way im not what u think im.
to me it does not matter whether he clocks 150 k more times or not..Important thing is if he can bowl 142--147 K range consistently and is accurate that is good enough for any pacer...I actually do not want him to try to bowl too quick and get injured because we already have scarcity of options in pace department who can bowl at good velocity...
International cricket has moved on, imo. 130kph - 145kph is all comfortable for international players to handle. It is only when you get up to 150kph that your speed becomes a genuine factor. Tim Bresnan bowls 140kph - you cannot say that speed is his number one weapon, nor at all a weapon of his.
you seem totally adamant about it. so sure that even aaron would not dare to cross 155 even if he wants to. bUt if he does would you ACCEPT your judgement about actions is POOR. ???
I am pretty sure Aaron could never bowl 155kph. However, if he does bowl at such speed, I can guarantee you, that like Ishant Sharma, the speed will desert him.
you are right, but generating good pace is not just about action, a bowler must have those fast twitch muscle too in the body to create that..otherwise a bowler can have any action which is powerful, rhythmic, he won't be able to bowl quick if he does not have that.. Have you seen David Johnson, he had a powerful action, he still bowled 130 or less.
This is an interesting point, but serves no relevance to what I said. Johnson did seem to have a solid action though, interesting that he didn't have much pace.
Aaron has only one problem when he runs he does not move his left hand much..otherwise he runs well..pretty much like Patrick Patterson one of the quickest bowler in 80s check Patterson's videos in Youtube...Aaron looks pretty much like a panther when he runs in his run and his delivery completion is very good...
I don't rate his delivery completion when comparing to someone like Broad or Lee. But as I say, this is my unqualified opinion and I am willing to accept differing opinions.
All I see is penetrative chuckthar getting smashed in to row z:hysterical:
what r u laughing at "Nut", its not everyday you see such an innings... no no i rephrase , only if the team is india there is a possibility we could see such innings flourish many a times. because our batsman friendly bowlers dont have the genes to throw a batsman of his guard, how many times have to seen batsman missing their hits while dismantling a bowling attack, like they were doing when they were trying to hit Gul at 91.4 mph.
I am pretty sure Aaron could never bowl 155kph. However, if he does bowl at such speed, I can guarantee you, that like Ishant Sharma, the speed will desert him.
:haha: we'll see about that, may i ask why would speed desert him, what in the world is so wrong in him that he cant sustain speed ?
:haha: we'll see about that' date=' may i ask why would speed desert him, what in the world is so wrong in him that he cant sustain speed ?[/quote'] Because he does not have the action to sustain speed, imo. Like someone like Ishant Sharma, Ashish Nehra, VRV Singh, Sreesanth or RP Singh, he might bowl 145kph for a short period of time (as they all did), but it will not last.
Because he does not have the action to sustain speed' date= imo. Like someone like Ishant Sharma, Ashish Nehra, VRV Singh, Sreesanth or RP Singh, he might bowl 145kph for a short period of time (as they all did), but it will not last.
well i hope i'm not the only one who doesnt agree from what ive seen. the guy doesnt look like he needs much runup for PACE, the lad is generating it all from his shoulders and strong wrist action. but i'm no EXPERT maybe as you are claiming it adamantly, i'll wait and watch, with high hopes he PROVES YOU WRONG.
International cricket has moved on, imo. 130kph - 145kph is all comfortable for international players to handle. It is only when you get up to 150kph that your speed becomes a genuine factor. Tim Bresnan bowls 140kph - you cannot say that speed is his number one weapon, nor at all a weapon of his. I am pretty sure Aaron could never bowl 155kph. However, if he does bowl at such speed, I can guarantee you, that like Ishant Sharma, the speed will desert him.
Tim Bresnan does not bowl 140+ consistently. Bresnan's average speed is around 137-138. His top speed is around 142-143, while Aaron's top speed is 148 kph in the SF of Deodhar trophy which i watched and his average speed was around 143 kph and he didn't even bowl at full tilt in that game as I could have seen him very comfortable. No tiredness, no slowness in speed even in 10th over of his spell. So there is difference of 5-6 kph in speed and with speed range 142-147, I meant with that speed he must improve his skills like swing and movement, yorkers, reverse which he can if wants to learn those thing as he will have none better than ZAK to learn from.
Because he does not have the action to sustain speed' date=' imo. Like someone like Ishant Sharma, Ashish Nehra, VRV Singh, Sreesanth or RP Singh, he might bowl 145kph for a short period of time (as they all did), but it will not last.[/quote'] I tell you one thing..Nehra, VRV, Sreeshanth, and RP never went over 145 in domestic cricket ever..Ishant did touch 149 and that was when he returned from Australia when he was in great rhythm for 2-3 months..RP didnt even touch 140...VRV was power bowler but he got too many injuries. All other bowlers are more of rhythm bowler. Aaron has touched highest speed in domestic cricket and he is not a bowler who depends on rhythm..he is more of a power bowler.....Ishant, Sreeshanth, Nehra these bowlers bowled fast only in patches. they have not been genuinely quick bowlers. They are only fast medium, not fast. Ishant was actually a 80-82 mph bowler before Australia tour, while Aaron bowls over 85 mph since he is 16-17.... Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron..these two bowlers are bowling 90 mph consistently in domestic cricket which above 3-4 bowlers have never done even VRV who was more of a 87-88 mph bowler
well i hope i'm not the only one who doesnt agree from what ive seen. the guy doesnt look like he needs much runup for PACE' date=' the lad is generating it all from his shoulders and strong wrist action. but i'm no EXPERT maybe as you are claiming it adamantly, i'll wait and watch, with high hopes he PROVES YOU WRONG.[/quote'] I've never claimed expert status. I'm merely asserting my opinions, that is what a forum is for, isn't it? Heck, I've excepted the possibility that I am wrong - as in my reply to rkt.India's earlier post.
I tell you one thing..Nehra, VRV, Sreeshanth, and RP never went over 145 in domestic cricket ever..Ishant did touch 149 and that was when he returned from Australia when he was in great rhythm for 2-3 months..RP didnt even touch 140...VRV was power bowler but he got too many injuries. All other bowlers are more of rhythm bowler. Aaron has touched highest speed in domestic cricket and he is not a bowler who depends on rhythm..he is more of a power bowler.....Ishant, Sreeshanth, Nehra these bowlers bowled fast only in patches. they have not been genuinely quick bowlers. They are only fast medium, not fast. Ishant was actually a 80-82 mph bowler before Australia tour, while Aaron bowls over 85 mph since he is 16-17.... Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron..these two bowlers are bowling 90 mph consistently in domestic cricket which above 3-4 bowlers have never done even VRV who was more of a 87-88 mph bowler
I don't have the access to Indian domestic cricket, so I'll take your word for it. I remain convinced that Aaron will go the way of the others though. That is, if he shows the class beyond his speed to make it to international level.
I don't have the access to Indian domestic cricket' date=' so I'll take your word for it. [b']I remain convinced that Aaron will go the way of the others though. That is, if he shows the class beyond his speed to make it to international level.
Only way i see that happening is, if he gets injured frequently, but at present day he looks a guy with genuine speed, not a single ball in all the videos, forums,posts ive heard or read he has bowled below 130 or even early 130's. considering he is slogging that pace on indian domestic cricket pitches where the fast bowlers don't want to take the ball in their hands, he is going out there and injuring batsman with sheer pace, the guy needs some APPRECIATION for what he is doing. I just dont remember an instance where the other bowlers from India have achieved this feat, i'm sure even Zaheer, Nehra, Agarkar, Srinath at their Peak would not have achieved this feat(154KMPH) on Indian Pitches, that itself builds my confidence, you could call this a one-off but who else has done this one-off ? ( no body). Hence looking at mere facts which stand today irrespective of injuries , action or whatever , he is the one to watch out for, and i just feel , he gets a "one-off" abroad on bouncy pacy pitches , you never know he may cross 155KMPH. Now keeping that in mind thats obviously not the only thing we want from "our" quick bowler,it's been proven it just doesnt work, prime example( dilhara fernando, touched 151-152 in the recent Aus series in Australia, but he is still not a regular in their team, or has never been, because of lack of control), but if he is a "smart" guy who understands this, he'll be able to do gain control sooner or later. :dance:
I don't have the access to Indian domestic cricket' date=' so I'll take your word for it. I remain convinced that Aaron will go the way of the others though. That is, if he shows the class beyond his speed to make it to international level.[/quote'] I follow domestic fast bowlers a lot..that is why I can say that...when I first saw RP he was a 125-130 k bowler..he raised bit of speed after entering International cricket especially in 2007 T20 WC...Ishant did bowl over 135k in domestic before coming to national team...Sreeshanth was more of an out swing bowler when I first saw him at 20 in an India A match against Newzeland in 2004..RP was 17 at that time played in that match too and that was Munaf's first FC match ever and he was fastest in that match... I do not remember many pace bowlers in india who were bowling 147-148 ks in domestic without making their debut like Yadav and Aaron did..and I want to see many more of them...now need see Rahul Shukla

some extracts of players who have seen him or have played against him just recently. Parthiv Patel, who was captaining Gujarat in the game, agrees. “He is a fiercely quick bowler, as fast as any I’ve faced at the international level. Niraj, who faced the ball, was quite amazed. It’s hard to bowl that fast consistently, but Varun constantly zips it in the high 140s,” says Parthiv, who recently faced Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel at their peak in South Africa. But could the speed gun have doled out a wrong reading? “Those who were bowling at 120 were recorded at 120. It didn’t go wrong with the spinners or the medium pacers, so why should it only go wrong with Aaron? There’s always room for scientific error, but the speed gun was accurate,” reasons Amitabh Choudhary, president of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association. Registered at 95.63 mph, Aaron is still a few miles short of the mythical three-figure barrier, but the strapping lad has come closer to it than any other Indian bowler — past, present, domestic or international — has before. Now thats what i call promising, ain't it?

I tell you one thing..Nehra, VRV, Sreeshanth, and RP never went over 145 in domestic cricket ever..Ishant did touch 149 and that was when he returned from Australia when he was in great rhythm for 2-3 months..RP didnt even touch 140...VRV was power bowler but he got too many injuries. All other bowlers are more of rhythm bowler. Aaron has touched highest speed in domestic cricket and he is not a bowler who depends on rhythm..he is more of a power bowler.....Ishant, Sreeshanth, Nehra these bowlers bowled fast only in patches. they have not been genuinely quick bowlers. They are only fast medium, not fast. Ishant was actually a 80-82 mph bowler before Australia tour, while Aaron bowls over 85 mph since he is 16-17.... Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron..these two bowlers are bowling 90 mph consistently in domestic cricket which above 3-4 bowlers have never done even VRV who was more of a 87-88 mph bowler
u seem to have a good interest in pace bowling like me. fast bowlers will come only from the hard working small town and from humble families. umesh yadav is from vidharba and this guy varun aaron is from jamshedpur. if these guys are protected well in the future, then i am sure we have great prospects in our hands.:two_thumbs_up: