Sachin's centuries and India's defeats.

As I mentioned in another post, It was not a normal game, it was a WORLD CUP KNOCK OUT MATCH!! Every player is too focused to win n not to be thinking like mentioned in that factor, even subconsciously. Anyways, Sachin unfortunately couldn't score the TON here. And it doesn't work like '50% complacency or awe of the innings or crowd pressure for a half-century'... And when Ponting scores a Ton, Australia's win %age should go up (I am too lazy to check out his career stat), he obviously doesn't have the aura of Sachin!! The Aussies couldn't do it in this match though.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Surely my last post on this topic. 1. In International cricket, one has got to be mentally n physically tuned to give his 110% all the time. If Sachin's Tons affect the performance of rest of the players by even 5% on average, then that is a big enough factor and will convert a good number of potential victories into lossesties especially since all the bigger teams are so evenly matched these days, which I believe is precisely whats happening. 2. I have taken the last ~11.5 yr period of Sachin for reference in which he has 20 Tons. I believe its a big enough duration and number of TONS to be showing normal results. If you are to compare with others, then compare in a greater or at least an equally long period, with the batsmen having 10+ tons during that period.
As I mentioned in another post, It was not a normal game, it was a WORLD CUP KNOCK OUT MATCH!! Every player is too focused to win n not to be thinking like mentioned in that factor, even subconsciously. Anyways, Sachin unfortunately couldn't score the TON here. And it doesn't work like '50% complacency or awe of the innings or crowd pressure for a half-century'... And when Ponting scores a Ton, Australia's win %age should go up (I am too lazy to check out his career stat), he obviously doesn't have the aura of Sachin!! The Aussies couldn't do it in this match though.
:facepalm: Gone are the days we could rely on a man's word.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: the lamest excuse I've ever seen for anything!!

Since year 2000: Sehwag: 11 wins in 12 Tons (not counting the no-ball six on 99) Sachin: 11 wins in 20 Tons I believe other team members let Sachin's Ton affect their own performances as explained in earlier posts. While only some (or none) of you guys think there could be any specific factor for why we lose so much more when Sachin scores a Ton than when Sehwag scores a Ton. I think that should be a fair assessment to end the discussion.

vaibhav, a word of advice - don't let your seniors or managers at work know that you post on ICF.
Since year 2000: Sehwag: 11 wins in 12 Tons (not counting the no-ball six on 99) Sachin: 11 wins in 20 Tons I believe other team members let Sachin's Ton affect their own performances as explained in earlier posts. While only some (or none) of you guys think there could be any specific factor for why we lose so much more when Sachin scores a Ton than when Sehwag scores a Ton. I think that should be a fair assessment to end of discussion.
http://indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1381594&postcount=400 If Sehwag is only going to hit hundreds against the crappier teams quite obviously he'll have that kind of record.
http://indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1381594&postcount=400 If Sehwag is only going to hit hundreds against the crappier teams quite obviously he'll have that kind of record.
Not that big a point. As we have seen, win %age when sachin plays and when he doesn't play is almost the same. Ideally when the best batsman in the world scores a ton, the team should win more than 55%, because the team is not that incapable.
Not that big a point. As we have seen, win %age when sachin plays and when he doesn't play is almost the same. Ideally when the best batsman in the world scores a ton, the team should win more than 55%, because the team is not that incapable.
that is ONLY for the period you have chosen to take the stats from - i.e. since 2000, what about the many, many 100s before 2000 that you have conveniently excluded because, in your words, people like to see "recent" stats.