Sachin's centuries and India's defeats.

I have no problem with your other post where you put numbers for last 5 years for both the aspects. That's a valid point and which may or may not be explained through different counter-arguments.
Just letting you know that few ****** have problem with that stat also...
But I had problem with your another post where you doubted common intelligence and quantitative acumen of ICF users and tried to take them for a ride.
There I had assumed that Sachin's Tons to Indian wins Ratio would roughly be the same throughout his career. Wasnt my intention to fool anyone here. And if in last 5 yrs, the win %age in sachin's ton had came out to be say 75% instead of 50%, I would have had no problems conceding that I have been pwned. hope you understand...
Just letting you know that few ****** have problem with that stat also... There I had assumed that Sachin's Tons to Indian wins Ratio would roughly be the same throughout his career. Wasnt my intention to fool anyone here. And if in last 5 yrs, the win %age in sachin's ton had came out to be say 75% instead of 50%, I would have had no problems conceding that I have been pwned. hope you understand...
What is the significance of this last 5 years period that you are taking? What are you trying to highlight using a specific period in the stats.
What is the significance of this last 5 years period that you are taking? What are you trying to highlight using a specific period in the stats.
1. Is a round figure when talking abt 'recent times'. 2. I think india have been more successful during this period than during any earlier 5 yr period. (havent seen the stats, so could be wrong here too). 3. This period covers(to a large extent) the international career of my fav player, MS dhoni.. 1st reason is more important
1. Is a round figure when talking abt 'recent times'. 2. I think india have been more successful during this period than during any earlier 5 yr period. (havent seen the stats, so could be wrong here too). 3. This period covers(to a large extent) the international career of my fav player, MS dhoni.. 1st reason is more important
So in essence what you are saying, is that even when Sachin scores a century in "recent times", the team doesnt win and this is under the captaincy of Dhoni. 10 or these 13 defeats have come while batting first and have involved very defendable scores with Sachin scoring more than a run a ball. So its either the unimaginative captaincy or toothless bowling which has led to India not being able to defend substantial totals.
So in essence what you are saying, is that even when Sachin scores a century in "recent times", the team doesnt win and this is under the captaincy of Dhoni.
No sir, not deducing anything other than what I've already said on the topic. Dhoni hasnt been the captain over the entire period...He started captaincy with 2007 T20 WC...
No sir, not deducing anything other than what I've already said on the topic. Dhoni hasnt been the captain over the entire period...He started captaincy with 2007 T20 WC...
Under Dhoni's captaincy, India has lost 2 times and Won 4 times when Sachin scored. One match ended in a tie. And this is from 2008, a period of 4 years http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?captain=0;captain_involve=7593;class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=start;player_involve=1934;result=2;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=innings
When counting Sachin's centuries, you considered his centuries and winning %, across all of his career. But when you calculating India's winning %, you taking numbers only for last 5 years. Should not you be using the same sample to see the effect of any particular thing?
:headshake: :headshake: you don't even understand such a simple thing - when counting Goddy's 100s and winning % he took his entire career because he knew that with the team we had in the 1990s, our winning % was NEVER high during that period so he took the whole of 21 years where our winning % comes out to be low when Goddy scores a 100 BUT while calculating India's winning % he took only the last 5 years because obviously our team has got a lot better and our winning % in the last few years has become far far better than before.

In recent past - 2010,of all the ODIs played in India, where Sachin did not play, India has 100% win record. Since rest of the matches are being played in India, it would be best to drop Sachin - as at least in one of the remaining 4 matches ( max) - he is bound to score a century - and that might decrease (or QF onwards completely eliminate) India's chances of winning the world cup. /s

And this is less than 24 hrs after he scored better than run-a-ball hundred ... and nobody else from both sides even got close to what he did . But ohhh we lost so must be the fault of that man :--D
Some even Pointed Out That whenever he scores a Ton, We will end up on the losing Side. Cricket is a Team Game and Goddy is exceeding his Role with this kind of performances, Some people will never stop Blaming. Better to Ignore, I have already picked up some fights regarding their Lohori Logics on some places, dont want more, Hence staying out. Next what, Drop Sehwag to win the Final?
And Iam one of those " ****** " ... care to respond to my post#60 and post#62 ? if you conveniently ignore things like most of the matches were lost because of our bowling despite the team putting up 300+ scores then most people will pile on you ...
I just read your posts again. Whats there to reply when I have already mentioned N times that I am NOT faulting or pointing fingers at sachin?? I suggest you to pls read post # 46 and 82 again...
I just read your posts again. Whats there to reply when I have already mentioned N times that I am NOT faulting or pointing fingers at sachin?? I suggest you to pls read post # 46 and 82 again...
Hence, Sachin scoring a ton DOES NOT increase Indias chances of winning by much.
:hmmm:

Lol, good to see this post here, and I don’t know how he is vs other teams in this regard but whenever it is Pak vs Ind... you might not believe but we pray for sachin to either score above 100 or below 50 not anything between 50-100... his 100 is mostly lucky for us... Like his last 3 which I remember right now; in Rawalpindi, Peshawar and Ahmed Abad, all won by Pak... Ofcourse it is purely superstitious stuff only and could go horribly wrong at any day but so far it is working nicely ;) we wished for sachin to cross 100 in centurian:2003 but he got out on 98 :( lol

Lol, good to see this post here, and I don’t know how he is vs other teams in this regard but whenever it is Pak vs Ind... you might not believe but we pray for sachin to either score above 100 or below 50 not anything between 50-100... his 100 is mostly lucky for us... Like his last 3 which I remember right now; in Rawalpindi, Peshawar and Ahmed Abad, all won by Pak... Ofcourse it is purely superstitious stuff only and could go horribly wrong at any day but so far it is working nicely ;) we wished for sachin to cross 100 in centurian:2003 but he got out on 98 :( lol
I sincerely hope that your wish comes true and Sachin hits a 100 against Pak in this world cup if the two meet :smiley: