Fav Indian cities

Mariyam

Guest Shivani
Oh every time I close my eyes I see my name in shining lights A different city every night oh I swear the world better prepare For when I’m a billionaire :aha: :aha:
i wanna be a billionaire so freakin bad :((

Nandan Kanan is boring now.. even the animals are bored now :sleep: Puri is an hour and half (only an hour if am driving :cool: ) away from bbsr. Chilika is BEAUTY! Marine Drive is awesome.. Konark is a great place, nice to visit once or twice.. then it gets boring. There are other places also - Dhauli Stupa near River Daya where the Kalinga war was fought, Udaygiri & Khandagiri caves etc.. And lots of temples.. its called the temple city !
yeps, been there and to other temples as well, couldn't recall the names!! Chilika main jo island hai, that is very beautiful. Animals n Birds variety in Nandan Kanan was absolutely fantastic when I had gone. I had thought its worth seeing 2-3 times...

Guest Shivani
yeps, been there and to other temples as well, couldn't recall the names!! Chilika main jo island hai, that is very beautiful. Animals n Birds variety in Nandan Kanan was absolutely fantastic when I had gone. I had thought its worth seeing 2-3 times...
my picnic season begins with a trip to Nandan Kanan every year. so am a lil bored now.. otherwise its really nice.. and Chilika i have been once or twice, when i was 5-6.. birds are beautiful ! chilika is famous for prawn and lobsters. :P

My anger has subsided as i found that the prestigious,world famous Forbes magazine has come up with the real picture. http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Chennai/article832499.ece "Three Indian cities — Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Chennai — have made it to U.S. magazine Forbes’ list of the world’s fastest growing cities of the next decade. " "Nor does our list include the massive, largely dysfunctional megacities — Mumbai, Mexico City, Dhaka, Bangladesh — that are among planet’s most populous today.”" I always knew Forbes was a great judge of city rankings and if one need reliable information on cities, they need to read this list.
Please don't cite unknown tabloids to prove a non existent point. By doing that you are derailing my wonderful thread. Here is a CNN link as to why Mumbai is the greatest city in the universe, and they provide 50 reasons also.

Nandan Kanan is boring now.. even the animals are bored now :sleep: Puri is an hour and half (only an hour if am driving :cool: ) away from bbsr. Chilika is BEAUTY! Marine Drive is awesome.. Konark is a great place, nice to visit once or twice.. then it gets boring. There are other places also - Dhauli Stupa near River Daya where the Kalinga war was fought, Udaygiri & Khandagiri caves etc.. And lots of temples.. its called the temple city !
Puri is only 60 kms away from BBSR and it doesnt take more than an hour even for a 103 years old driver.Yes Nandan Kanan is very boring now a days.:((

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
You can laugh, but the English newspaper The Telegraph put Lucknow as one of their Top 50 cultural destinations in the world. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/travel/50-greatest-cultural-destinatio/asia-and-australasia/

Guest Shivani
I thought nobody have ever heard of this city.And its actually Bhubaneswar.:--D
:hail:
You left one of the wonders of Orissa---KIIT University.:giggle:
We are the Kings of IIT :cool: :P Are you a KIITian ? :woot:
Puri is only 60 kms away from BBSR and it doesnt take more than an hour even for a 103 years old driver.Yes Nandan Kanan is very boring now a days.:((
No mannnn.. it takes abt an hour and half.. !

Bambai is great if you have baaap ka paisaa and baap ka ghar ! People go around saying omg its the best city and omg we love local trains its an experience.. it obviously is the best city when you go around to all the cool places in the city spending daddys moniez.. and local trains are awesome if you have your own personal car to drive arnd :driver: JK :icflove: Mudde ki baat yeh hai I had the worssst butter chicken ever in Mumbai. These guys should learn.:nervous:

There are a good number of garbage disposals in the city in every sector' date=' which people use. And yes, even decent number of reasonably well maintained public toilets. Of course it was planned by Le Corbusier and has an underground drainage system. But yeah, it's not in France.[/quote'] There is some basis to what you said going by official research . but my suspicions seem sound as well. http://im.rediff.com/news/2010/may/rank-of-cities-on-sanitation-2009-2010.pdf "According to the rating system, cities that get more than 90 points are “green” (“healthy and clean”), while those that get between 67 and 90 points are “blue” (“recovering but still diseased”). On the bottom end, cities that get from 34 to 66 points are “black” (“needing considerable improvements”), while red cities (“on the brink of public health and environmental ‘emergency’”) manage to get only 33 points or less" None of cities qualified as remotely close to "green". chandigarh qualifies in the blue category of “recovering but still diseased” New Delhi is the only metro inthe top 10 with bangalore at 12 and chennai 13(this could be a clerical error as bangalore should be below us). And i can't see mumbai inthe top30 even with a microscope! (i have tissues ready for you mariyam) This observation is from Mercer's qualty of living survey. "Indian cities score relatively poorly for health and sanitation. Most Indian cities are densely populated with poor waste removal and sewage systems. These issues, combined with increasing air pollution, contribute to their relatively low ratings. Mr. Parakatil added, "Overall, Indian cities have also increased their quality of living. Yet, India still requires major investments in the areas of health and sanitation including waste removal, sewage, water potability etc."